Wespe Models?
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,816 posts
Armorama: 1,402 posts
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2006 - 01:37 AM UTC
Hi all.

Anyone have any of Wespe Models 1/35 kits? If so, how are they? I've seen some interesting vehicle kits, but don't know too much about their stuff. Any info appreciated.

camogirl
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,045 posts
Armorama: 59 posts
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2006 - 02:59 AM UTC
Im currently in the process of building a Tamiya wespe at the moment it is my first ever armour kit and i am enjoying building it i have had no problems with it and cant wait to get it finished and see the results. It is good i just had to work out the best way of constructing it with regard to the best way of painting etc but it is very enjoyable to build.
jlmurc
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,267 posts
Armorama: 969 posts
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2006 - 03:03 AM UTC
Patrick,

One of my favourites and a nice kit whether straight from the box as tamiya intended or should you decide to go the whole hog and make some additions. The figures in the box are some of the best looking in many ways and although I have done a couple of WIP's if you follow the link in my signature box, you can see the work I have done so far in my phot album.

Give it a go................you know you want too......................

John
CDK
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 358 posts
Armorama: 339 posts
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2006 - 03:16 AM UTC
I think he means Wespe Models the brand name.
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2006 - 04:52 AM UTC
Sorry for the confusion I've caused.

My question relates to me looking for info about kits manufactured by Wespe Model company, not about specific models representing the Sdfkz 124 Wespe SPG. I too have the Tamiya beastie and it is a beut.
MajorPest
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 44 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2006 - 06:22 AM UTC
I have one of their kits.
I have the Mack NO kit. I have not started to build it yet, but it does appear to be well molded. Does not have the real finely cast details as other resin kits I have seen like Master Productions, and certainly isn't as complicated as the Azmit resin Mack NO.
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2006 - 06:13 PM UTC
Thanks for your reply.
HEERMAN
Visit this Community
Newfoundland, Canada
KitMaker: 38 posts
Armorama: 37 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 01:27 AM UTC
I have one on the way form R & J Enterprises, Its a Hoch 830, I will post a build when I get it.

ED
koenele
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 4,194 posts
Armorama: 408 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 01:43 AM UTC
i got the CMP 15cwt KUBEL for sale or trade.

40 euros...

if intrested PM

greets

koen
neil22
Visit this Community
Cotes-d`Armor, France
KitMaker: 292 posts
Armorama: 281 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 08:43 AM UTC
hi
i have part built their kit if montys caravan. its has built up nice so far but some of the parts are abit thick. and one piece is slightly warped ( can i ask if i warm it in hot water will it straighten, i think i read it would somewhere but not sure )
over all its building up nicely i would recomend it

neil
neil22
Visit this Community
Cotes-d`Armor, France
KitMaker: 292 posts
Armorama: 281 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 08:44 AM UTC
hi
i have part built their kit if montys caravan. its has built up nice so far but some of the parts are abit thick. and one piece is slightly warped ( can i ask if i warm it in hot water will it straighten, i think i read it would somewhere but not sure )
over all its building up nicely i would recomend it

neil
beachbm2
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 400 posts
Armorama: 151 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 09:09 AM UTC
Hi Pat
Well I just got back from the Nats and they had a booth set up and I looked them over. For the most part they seem OK but some of their older stuff is a bit toy like. I did how ever pick up their M20 Diamond T Tank Transporter Prime mover and From just a quick in box review it looks pretty good. Which ones were you looking at as I did look their stuff over and may be able to help you. Even the early stuff can be made to shine with work of course. Will e-mail you later about the show.
Cheers
Jeff
MacsTrucks
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 03:31 PM UTC
I purchased the 1/24 GMC, which I haven't started. I was pleased with the purchase from a review of the parts. Some room for improvement of course, but looks to be a nice build out of the box.
wanagun
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 471 posts
Armorama: 383 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 04:26 PM UTC
I have there 2 soviet tractor kits and both seem to be very good.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 08:25 PM UTC
I have the ADV Mack NO and the Wespe Mack NO.
A quick comparison of the two:
the ADV-Azimut kit has finer details, more parts, and more complicated construction.
The Wespe kit moldings at a little chunkier, and missing a few details.
So I would recommend the ADV over the Wespe kit for this subject, if you are looking for a more detailed model. (Even this kit needs some extra work to bring it up to snuff.)
The Wespe kit I have, came with a drive shaft missing, nothing that can't be scrach built, but also dosen't even mention or show, or have a place on the transfer case for the power take off for the front winch. It's a much more basic kit.

For my money, after comparing the two, I would prefer paying the extra money for an Azimut, Des, or Real Models' kit if the subject is available there. The funny thing is I bought the Wespe kit first due to it being cheaper than the Azimut kit, and a few months later picked up the Azimut kit on sale at Great Models for the same price. The Wespe kit is in the work locker, and started, so figure in 6 months or a year at my normal building speed, I'll have some photos going up.
 _GOTOTOP