_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Loose Panzer IV Turret Gun
propboy44256
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
Armorama: 454 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 05:18 PM UTC
I have a problem with a loose fitting main gun on my Panzer IV, its movable, but to loose, can never stay in UP position, I dont want to glue it in place. What can I do?

I was thinking, lead shot in the interior portion of the gun assmely (turret is not attached to upper hull yet.)

Thanks in Advance
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 2,798 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 05:38 PM UTC
Assuming you've assembled the turret, I would get a strip of very thin plastic card (or ordinary paper stiffened with white glue) and feed it into pivots either side of the gun, using a pair of forceps. You don't need to glue the strip in place. Should fill the gap enough to stop the gun drooping without interfering with movement.

David
ian_reece
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 141 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 06:10 PM UTC
Depends how visible the interior is. Personnally if this happens to me I just push a piece of blutack between the turret roof and the breach. Lets you set the position and stops it drooping.

Ian
Torchy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,016 posts
Armorama: 1,187 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 01:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Depends how visible the interior is. Personnally if this happens to me I just push a piece of blutack between the turret roof and the breach. Lets you set the position and stops it drooping.

Ian

I've done this on a few tanks and it works a treat
Andy
IndyCopper
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 153 posts
Armorama: 63 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 07:56 PM UTC
I have used just a little bit of liquid glue into th epivot points, let it set up for a bit, then start moving the gun up and down. The glue should not be enough to lock the parts in place, but it will be enough to roughen up the surfaces making for more friction to hold the gun in place.
IndyCopper
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 07:57 PM UTC
I have used just a little bit of liquid glue into th epivot points, let it set up for a bit, then start moving the gun up and down. The glue should not be enough to lock the parts in place, but it will be enough to roughen up the surfaces making for more friction to hold the gun in place.
IndyCopper
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 07:57 PM UTC
 _GOTOTOP