_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: 48th Scale
1/48 scale discussion group hosted by Rob Gronovius
Hosted by Darren Baker
Sherman turrent hatches (and a funny story)
wreeper007
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 5 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 10:47 AM UTC
So I am in need of some turrent hatches for my sherman. My cat ate them....the bastard.

Anyway, is there a way I can order just the hatches from the resin guys, or even better, have one of yall mail me the unused ones (if available).

I don't mind paying for a resin set, but I can't just find a set for under $10. Are there just resin hatch sets?
wedgetail
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 93 posts
Armorama: 90 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 10:59 AM UTC
Yeah, right

I too have a cat who likes to help. Which hatches and which Sherman and where would I have to post them to ?

Rob
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 04:26 PM UTC
Both Resicast and Tank workshop do seperate hatches for the Sherman

http://www.tankworkshop.com/

http://www.resicast.com/
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 06:31 PM UTC
www.tigermodels.com

They also make resin replacements. Where do you live and which kit's hatch do you need? You're right -- I probably have what you need in my spares bin. I live in Michigan. Feel free to email me: [email protected]

By the way, it's TURRET and not TURRENT.

HTH
james84
Visit this Community
Roma, Italy
KitMaker: 1,368 posts
Armorama: 950 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 07:11 PM UTC
A better and cheaper solution: open the "bastard", recover the hatches and close him. He should not suffer from any injury! :-)
OldandSlow
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 19 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 07:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

www.tigermodels.com

They also make resin replacements. Where do you live and which kit's hatch do you need? You're right -- I probably have what you need in my spares bin. I live in Michigan. Feel free to email me: [email protected]

By the way, it's TURRET and not TURRENT.

HTH

Hey Roy

The Dog just ate my Tasca Sherman Vc Firefly kit, the Stinker ! Could you please send me one of your spares, Priority Mail.

Thanks !

Rich L.
wheeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 09:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Anyway, is there a way I can order just the hatches from the resin guys, or even better, have one of yall mail me the unused ones (if available).

I don't mind paying for a resin set, but I can't just find a set for under $10. Are there just resin hatch sets?

I assume since this is the 1/48 forum that you are talking about a 1/48 Sherman, in which case the previous suggestions for resin won't work, as those companies produce 1/35. For 1/48, Gasoline makes a Sherman update set that contains hatches plus a barrel and some other stuff. You can get it here for $9.50 US
http://www.track48.com/products-gasoline-1/index.html
imagoodsniper
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 123 posts
Armorama: 111 posts
Posted: Monday, July 02, 2007 - 07:50 AM UTC
I know how you feel, if i dont close the door to my workshop all the way ill find my cat laying ontop of the remains of what was a model.
theduke2sg
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 63 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 08:59 PM UTC
Quarter Kit Shop has some pretty good stuff from Gasoline.

http://www.phpshopxml.com/quakit.shop/CID/5350d378e896d8477911209f8e14cb71/function/itemSearchResultPageDisplay/shopSearchType/itemTable2/shopSearchData/GASOLINE|2|KIT01|US01
malcolm
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 312 posts
Armorama: 278 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 09:06 PM UTC

YOUR CAT ATE THEM???
what sort of cat have you got, a tiger, that is just great, you couldnt write that in a story, anyway, is it a Tamiya kit, if so get in touch with them via e mail on thier web site, Tamiya UK/USA/ASIA, thay are able to send out replacement parts and sprues, probably for less that it would cost for resin replacements, I have got [plenty of spare hatches, but none in 1/48 scale, also try putting a post on the kit swap forums, somebody will have spares somewhere, maybe they can swap/buy for you.

cheers mate,
be carefull of the cat!!
malc.
 _GOTOTOP