_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Conversion kit for Tamiya T-55
T-55A
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 64 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 03:54 AM UTC
Blast models is going to put out a conversion kit for the Tamiya T-55 sometime in March
....can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T-55A
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 04:10 AM UTC
Is it a conversion set - or a detail/update set for the basic kit?

Gunnie
80a2
Visit this Community
Flevoland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 144 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 04:20 AM UTC
I think he T-55A meens the idf tiran version that is coming soon???...
T-55A
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 64 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 04:27 AM UTC
It's a IDF T-54/55, SLA T-54/55 conversion...it also has the Polish / Czech T-55 engine deck

T-55A
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,966 posts
Armorama: 1,635 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 04:51 AM UTC
Someone posted something about this the other day, there are some pics on the Blast web site, check the link below then click Blast product line. It looks really nice.

Mike

http://www.blast-models.com/shr/
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Województwo Kieleckie, Poland
KitMaker: 326 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 06:49 AM UTC
If you are looking for a really nice conversion set for T55A- you should try new Panzershop conversion. I received it last week. And it's really great :-)
Full set contains: Tamiya T-55 kit, Friulmodel T-72 tracks, Modelpoint antena base and realy nice resin and PE parts from Libor's "factory" .

Michal
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 05:46 AM UTC
had anyone tried to take any of the conversions from Panzershop that were made for the Trumpeter T-55 and see how they fit to the Tamiya T-55? I have yet to try it with the MT-55A kit I have.

Other conversions for the Tamiya kit are a series fo them from AEF Designs. I have not seen them, but they are reputed to fit the Tamiya kit well.

Another conversion I am going to look at is the SP Designs BTR-T to the Tamiya hull. Not sure if it will work or not...
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 07:13 AM UTC
Steve Zaloga built his Tamiya T-55 using old Panzershop conversion set. Tou can find his outstanding work in current issue of Military Modelling. Photos can be seen at missing-lynx, too.
I have bothh conversion sets from Panzershop. The set for Tamiya kit is NOT re- tooled version of old one. This is completely new set.
I'm looking forward to see AEF conversions for Tamiya kit. Two of them are really interesting: Polish Merida and Soviet Naval Infantry version.

Michal
Violetrock
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 831 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2003 - 04:32 AM UTC
I ordered from AEF some Soviet armour conversions once. They were all crap!
There are much better ways to waste your money!
The quality of details and the resin are just poor. It was not only one conversion, I had ten. All of them were made in a bad way.
I was happy to get them sold again...
Violetrock
penpen
Visit this Community
Hauts-de-Seine, France
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 929 posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2003 - 05:00 AM UTC
Legend Prod also does a Tiran 5 conversion set. It looks nice (at least the pictures i've seen from it) even it it's far from being as complete as the Blast conversion. Also, judging from past Blast and Legend products, I'm led to believe that the quality level probably won't be as high.
My problem with the Blast conversion is it's price : I can't afford to pay 48 bucks on a kit plus 40 bucks on a conversion set...
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2003 - 06:23 AM UTC
I didn't have an opportunity to check quality of AEF Designs myself, yet. But Polish Merida is so important subject for me. For sure I will want to check its quality and accuracy
Do you know if Blast Models plans to release another conversions for Tamiya T-55?
I'm curious what price we will pay for Tamiya kit here in Poland. Checking prices of latest Tamiya releases it can be about 30USD.

Michal
Grasshopp12
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 459 posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2003 - 09:09 AM UTC
If you go with Legends stuff, I'll give you a heads up....the resin is REALLY, REALLY soft. I, being used to Verlinden resin, was shocked as to how easily stuff broke (like all 3 of my thermal panels). Detail on the stuff I've one by them is pretty good and I didn't encounter any bubbles.
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2003 - 10:08 AM UTC
Legends products are highest quality- but also their price is so high But if they decide to release sth from Eastern Block- I will be interested in getting it

Michal
 _GOTOTOP