_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Here come the winds of change again...
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Monday, February 05, 2007 - 11:39 PM UTC
As Vinnie pointed out in his recent topic in this forum, he is no longer with us as managing editor for Armorama, or indeed in any staff capacity. I spoke to many people about his impending new job with Magicalia as editor of Military Modeling's new web site, and the overwhelming consensus was that it was too much of a conflict of interest doing both jobs. After that realization it was brought up via the KitMaker Advisory Board and the vote was unanimous that Vinnie would need to resign his volunteer position but was free to give whatever reason he saw fit for his departure.

For the record I am very thankful and happy with the work that Vinnie did for this community in the past year and a half. I expressed this to him personally on numerous occasions and publicly on just as many. I wish him well at Magicalia and have spoken to his new boss telling them what a good choice they have made in picking Vinnie as editor for their new site.

Some might have wondered at my silence the past few days, but I was just giving deference to Vinnie's farewell post and anyone that wanted to wish him well.

That is about all I have to say on that.

After some re-organization efforts we will be moving ahead with our plans for the next phase of Armorama's relatively brief life-span. I am in talks with several people who have expressed an interest in helping out with the site. And certainly the managing editor position is still available so, if anyone reading this feels they might be well suited to the job, please contact me.

Thanks,
Jim
troubble27
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 783 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 03:09 AM UTC
HI Jim,

Im in no way anywhere near as talented as Vinnie was (and probably never will be for that matter! LOL), and I am not interested in his old job either LOL But if you guys ever need a hand with something, feel free to drop me a line. I'm always willing to help out anyone here I can when I have spare time. Cya!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 03:33 AM UTC
Change is good- Oh great exhausted leader.
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,092 posts
Armorama: 1,607 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 08:39 AM UTC
So what happens to the details we sent to Vinnie regarding what areas we could assist in for reviews? I'm still interested in helping with reviews of modern non-US and non-Russian subjects.

Paul
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 07:58 PM UTC
Paul,
That is an excellent point to raise as we are very much interested in expanding our range of reviewers. However unless Vinnie decides to share this info with us, we will probably need to re-create any reviewer "Rolodex" he might have had.

If people can email me their interests I will try to create a spreadsheet that the we can use from this point forward (and that the next ME can inherit).

Thanks,
Jim
This post was removed.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 11:11 PM UTC
Jim,
I tried sending you an email ref. reviews to your email address on the feedback form, but keep getting failure notices. Can you send me a PM? Or I can post it here.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 11:46 PM UTC
Hmm...odd. I am getting emails all this morning via that contact form. Or are you trying to email directly via email client and getting an error?

Either way try again it may have just been a momentary thing.

Thanks!
Jim
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 12:12 AM UTC
This network has changed many times and has seen its share of staff change. I know that the network will come out the other side in good shape.

HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 02:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hmm...odd. I am getting emails all this morning via that contact form. Or are you trying to email directly via email client and getting an error?

Either way try again it may have just been a momentary thing.

That was odd. I tried again and it seems to have gone through this time. No failure notice. Thanks.
Alpenflage
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,120 posts
Armorama: 1,002 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 08:08 PM UTC
Changes happen in life in a blink of an eye, or in some cases even faster then that. You can either choose to deal with the change, or be overwhelmed by it. I think if we all pull together as a team, I think we can continue with the same level of excellence we came to expect from Vinnie. Perhaps it may even turn out better then we think.

Life moves on, and so will this site. I know I'm proud to be a member of this community, and I'm very thankfull for all the online friends I have made in the hobby, and how Armorama, and its loyal members, have helped my business over the years.

Jim, let me know if I can be of any help. I think some of my knowlege and insight on new kit releases may be good benefit for Armorama and its membership.

Cheers !!

Robert
Mahross
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 837 posts
Armorama: 132 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 09:28 PM UTC
JIm,

Just sent you an email via the contact form. Any help I can be just fire away.

Ross
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 09:49 PM UTC
Jim,
Know that have more access to a computer here at work and at home, I find myself putting in an average of 4 to 5 hours a day here on Armorama. If there is any way I could help out like I use to at the beginning of Armorama, just let me know.
 _GOTOTOP