_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Crusader III AA turret interior colour
WARLORD
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 1,923 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 06:33 PM UTC
I'm a little bit confused beacuse instruction of Italeri's Crusader III AA suggests painting turret's interior with white paint and seats with olive drab but as it's has partially open roof, so interior is visible so it rather should be OD.
Should I paint the interior OD or white as intruction suggests?
Thanks for help
Jamesite
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,208 posts
Armorama: 2,152 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 04:41 PM UTC
Hi Marcin,

Don't know if you can get it in Poland, but there were two articles on the Crusader AA in the last but one Millitary Modelling Magazine. The first detailled the building of an Italeri Crusader AA 'Skyraker' with wading gear fitted, and the second was a collection of photos and diagrams to accompany the history of the Crusader AA vehicle. I imagine both articles would be a great help to your build, so it might be worth seeing if you could order a copy from their website over the net.
However, to answer your question, I beleive in the article the guy painted his interior white as once complete there is relatively little of the interior exposed compared to the rest of the tank. I imagine due to the nature of the article he had researched this but I could be wrong. It could be possible that the crew of the tank painted the exposed interior OD as they had the same thought as yourself, so you could probably get away with doing either.

Hope this helps,

James
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 2,798 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 04:54 PM UTC
I would suggest white too. There's some coverage of Saumur's tank in the Armor Photo Gallery book on the Crusader series. But I can't at the moment remember whether it covers the interior.

Military Modelling's site is being rebuilt at the moment, when Teacher gets it up and running perhaps you can twist his arm to post the article.

David
WARLORD
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 1,923 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 05:21 PM UTC
Thanks, I started to doubt if I'd get an answer.
I'm sure I'll be able to get MMM and use it as reference.
Thanks again
Jamesite
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,208 posts
Armorama: 2,152 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 06:11 PM UTC
No worries Marcin,
Like I say that issue will help you no end. I beleive there's a Napoleonic French cavalryman on the cover if that helps you track it down.

Good luck,

James
telsono
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 76 posts
Armorama: 50 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2007 - 01:39 AM UTC
I was under the impression that the British used flat aluminum paint for the interior of armoured vehicles. White being used much later.

Mike
 _GOTOTOP