_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
FEATURE
MiniArt/MasterBox: An Introduction
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2007 - 08:58 PM UTC
In this, the first of an occasional series, we present the first ''Consumer''s Guide'' to some of the companies that are now featuring heavily in the modelling press. This feature is designed specifically for the newer modeller by serving as a brief introduction to two of the most prolific companies - Masterbox and MiniArt and. in the process give a brief idea of what they have to offer in terms of ranges and quality. The feature can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Armorama: 713 posts
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2007 - 09:55 PM UTC
Nice work, Jim...
What a great idea, mate! From your first NEWS article way back, first announcing MB Ltd., I knew that this was a company to watch for good things to come, and Mini-art, well I feel the same way of their model kits...good stuff, good value (on my side of the pond! ) Thanks for the great read!
~Mark
Ironmike
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 287 posts
Armorama: 270 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 01:33 AM UTC
Nice post, Jim. I have been purchasing and working on most of the kits you mention in your article. I can tell that each new kit is better than the previous ones. I have found most of the heads a bit square and have often replaced them with a Hornet head which alters the appearence greatly. Some of the clenched fists are a bit crude but the over all workmanship is top notch. Looking forward to the new kits due out this month and others down the road. Thanks for the recap and review, amigo.
Ironmike
HEERMAN
Visit this Community
Newfoundland, Canada
KitMaker: 38 posts
Armorama: 37 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 10:24 PM UTC
Just finished off two Miniart Kits, but I changed there heads, (didn't really need to but I do it with all my figures) anyway I love them, and will be getting all in the future, Your site on them is Great.

ED
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2007 - 05:23 PM UTC
I have just built the Mini Art Russian Officers at a Field Briefing , Soviet Artillery Crew, Soviet and German Tank Crews in winter dress and I am very impressed at the quality of these kits. The quality of these kits rivals any of the recent DML non-Generation II kits. I love the Mini Art kits and am looking forward to all of the recently announced kits.
I have built some of the older Masterbox kits. I found them to be a bit soft in the molding, however the new kits, judging from the pictures, look very nice.
Thanks for the "heads up" Jim.

Jeff
RayW
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 848 posts
Armorama: 93 posts
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2007 - 09:52 PM UTC
Great Idea and good job,

I would like to see more of these, I've been a figure modeler for quite awhile now but still dont know about everything that is out there.

Cheers

Ray
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2007 - 10:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I would like to see more of these, I've been a figure modeler for quite awhile now but still dont know about everything that is out there.

Thanks for the kind words This article was really just a 'test-bed' to see how much interest there is in this kind of material. Firstly, there ARE a lot of interesting manufacturers out there who really deserve the 'full-treatment' and a lot of modellers would welcome the opportunity to see something different. Secondly, in the case of figures, both of these companies are 'revolutionizing' the market with low prices and an increasingly high-standard of moulding and subjects. We could easily concentrate exclusively on the 'Big' names in the Reviews and News section but we don't - there are some great things happening out there from some smaller companies, Armorama's job is to give them equal 'billing'...
 _GOTOTOP