_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Contests
This group is home to our various contests, promotions and drawings.
Hosted by Darren Baker
dragon AMOM..thunderbolt IV ..liberator
liberator
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
Armorama: 783 posts
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2007 - 09:33 PM UTC
hi everyone, here's my entry for the month of march ..(Dragon AMOM). thunderbolt IV sherman M4 by dragon.

you can see the work in progress on the link below.

http://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/93885&page=1

thank you all....!
bulivyf
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 2,450 posts
Armorama: 2,409 posts
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2007 - 09:39 PM UTC
Very impressive Sherman, excelent finish.
Miloslav
Pilgrim
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 516 posts
Armorama: 417 posts
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2007 - 09:51 PM UTC
That's a good build. I think you have caught the cold feeling with the snow on the hull and tracks very well. I once tried the same effect myself and was nowhere near as successful as you have been.

One nitpick is that there seems to be a little silvering around the decals. Did you apply them to a glossy surface? Silvering is caused by air bubbles under the decal, and applying decals to a gloss surface eliminates this.

Nice job over all though!

Sean
trahe
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,158 posts
Armorama: 950 posts
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2007 - 10:14 PM UTC
Looks good. I like the packed snow in the treads. I do see some silvering on the turret stars. Well done overall.
hogarth
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 12:04 AM UTC
Great build and paint.

My nitpick with the decals is that they are not historically accurate. The lightning bolts should face forward, and there was no Thunderbolt IV. It was Thunderbolt VI.....Abrams' tanks were Thunderbolt V, VI, and VII. So a quick swap of the two letters would have helped. Otherwise, fine looking.

Rob

P.S. On a second look, I agree with the silvering of the decal edges. It happens. Also, you used the wrong suspension on the kit, as it should have the "upswept" return roller arms on each bogie. The kit comes with both. Also, the right tail lights should both be black, not red over black.

Having said that, I love your snow effects, you did a great job on the indy tracks, and the streaking on the hull and turret is all well done. Basically, I'd say it's painted and finished well, but could have used a bit more on the research end.
liberator
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
Armorama: 783 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 06:11 AM UTC
thanks everyone..dusting the decals was like dusting for fingerprints..outlines and membranes shows up once dust settled around it. thanks again.
 _GOTOTOP