_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Dingo.. Interior colour?
Joker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 813 posts
Armorama: 522 posts
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2007 - 05:00 AM UTC
Hi all,
Haven't done a bit of "googling", (so I can be accused of being lazy), but anyone got an idea about the colour of the Dingos interior? ( Tamiyas Dingo Mk 2)
Cheers and thanks
Pete
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,192 posts
Armorama: 1,615 posts
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2007 - 06:07 AM UTC
Since it's basically an open vehicle, I painted mine the same colour inside & out (dark green for Europe), but I'm probably wrong, I just didn't even think about it. Are you doing it desert or NWE?
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2007 - 06:14 AM UTC
I built a couple of dingoes not long back and all the pics I found showed it painted the same colour inside as out.
Joker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 813 posts
Armorama: 522 posts
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2007 - 07:27 AM UTC
Cool, Thanks Lads
regards
Peter
themaker
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2007 - 01:38 PM UTC
Hey Pete,
We Have a Dingo in restoration at the moment, it served in Egypt in 1941-42, due to it's extensive combat history it was previously on display in the Australian War Memorial .
At the moment the motor is in the process of being stripped down as all the items in the museum are run ready, I have no photos on file of the unit but I can offer to get you some next week. Both the UK and Australia shared similar schemes and this one is to the best of my knowledge not a repaint but a touch up.
I've listed an external pic in my photos.
Almost all Canada's Dingos were sold off to New Zealand, so if you are looking for a particular one try contacting someone from a Museum there.

Glenn
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2007 - 05:13 PM UTC
While the answer is, indeed, the same inside as out, that probably has to be qualified somewhat. the paint inside would be the same as the outside was when it was built. This is important becuase if the vehicle lasted long enough to need repainting, the interiors weren't usually repainted or were repainted in a haphasrd way. No onme wanted their dash boards or seat cushions or map cases just sprayed over and fewer squaddied would want to spend a day masking "all that crap", so usually the interiors wouldn't be repainted. This would likely be most in evidence in Italy where the equipment from one theatre (desert) was sent to another (Italy) with different standard camo needs. I suspect you'd find a lot of Dingos in Sicily and Italy with pale yellow interiors and Light Mud exteriors.

There were certainly a lot of softskins in this condition for the same reason.

Now, I'm not saying you have to go that far, cause it's a pain in the *rse to do, but it sure would look cool to have a desert vet in Italy with a mix of paint jobs. Just a thought.

Paul
 _GOTOTOP