_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Single track links and turned barrels
Violetrock
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 831 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 07:19 AM UTC
Hi friends!

I plan to equip my Tamiya T- 55 with single track links and a turned barrel.
How would You decide? I have the choice between Modellkasten (a new release for the T- 55) and Friul tracks-Armour Track Model ones have ejector marks, so I leave them out of the desicion.
What would be your favourite choice, only referring to the aspects of quality, detailing and assembly- not the price?

And how about the barrel? Model Point or Armo barrel? Or should I go with the Resin one of CMD?

Thanks for the help,

Thomas
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 08:36 AM UTC
Hi Thomas ...I'd go for the friul just because they are so cool gives weight to your kit and the sag is so natural...As for the barrel both have had good reviews but I think I have heard more about the modelpoint one ...Your guess is as good as mine ..Oh welcome to the siteI see it is your first post ...Come in ,relax , and enjoy!!

Rick
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 09:16 AM UTC
Just having invested in first ever set of AM tracks by fruil, Im almost addicted to them already. The natural sag and weight is hard to beat! Wish I had used them on my JS3. Id go for them!
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 09:43 AM UTC
I would go for the FriulModel tracks From what I understand they are a stronger type of track As far as barrels I wouldn't know wich one to go with I normally use Jordi Rubio barrels for my shermans
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,966 posts
Armorama: 1,635 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 09:52 AM UTC
Another "vote" for the Friuls, I just recently finished a set for my T-55 and they fit and look great. I don't know anything about the other barrels but I have heard the Model Point one is nice.

Mike
Desert-Fox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 652 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 10:05 AM UTC
Friulmodellismo all the way for me!
Superior in every way I think, sag, feel, weight, detail...etc
Grifter
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 425 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 11:42 AM UTC
The price difference between Fruil. and Modelkasten isn't that much from what I've priced. I've used Fruil three times so far and will be my first choice anytime I have the money for aftermarket tracks. Minimal cleanup, easy assembly and awesome track sag.
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 760 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2003 - 01:12 AM UTC
My thoughts on tracks are as follows: if the links are big (e.g. T-55, T-34, Tiger, etc.) go with Friulmodel and if they are small (e.g. Pz I, Pz II, Pz 38(t), etc.) go with MK.

In regards to the barrel, the Model Point one is nice, but the CMD one is just as nice, but cheaper (it's not just resin by the way. It is turned aluminum with a resin sleeve which is already attached when you get the barrel).
 _GOTOTOP