_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: WWII Soviet Armor
For discussions related to WW2 era Soviet armor.
Dragons JSU-122 *finished*
biffa
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 881 posts
Armorama: 826 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 12:48 PM UTC
Many thanks for the continued interest in this SBS guys, thanks Samuel i would be happy to write this up into a short article if it is of use to people but it will have to wait a couple of weeks im currently doing a build up article on the new Dragon tiger 1 which is currently in the paint stages

Ron.
BornToDig
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 345 posts
Armorama: 311 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 03:12 AM UTC
Ron, that looks great. I'm wondering though if the high levels of light in conjunction with the white background isn't making the pics look washed out. Would you be so kind as to share a picture of the model just sitting on the shelf, or against some other darker background?

I'd really like to see how this finish looks in a "natural setting" because I think I'll want to copy your approach for my KV-1
lwilliams
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 04:01 PM UTC
Hey Ron,

Thanks a million for sharing your trade secrets. I had really hit a brick wall and lost motivation to finish a lot of models. Your tutorial is so much more helpful than the usual "so I added a wash and drybrushed and there it was". Really appreciate you taking the extra time to show all the steps. If I didn't know the final photos were of a model, I would swear it was the real thing! I have applied your techniques to my Russian beasts with good results. Thanks!!!!!!!!javascript:PasteSmiley('C[%20]')
biffa
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 881 posts
Armorama: 826 posts
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2007 - 07:55 AM UTC
Sorry for the late reply Ralph i missed your post, Sorry i didnt get anymore shots of the build after these, it was added to the shelf and i already moved on to the next build, the colour is actually very close to what you are seeing although the brightness may be up just a tad.

lwilliams im very glad to hear that this helped you thank you for taking the time to let me know, it makes me feel good knowng that

Ron.
 _GOTOTOP