_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Russian twin 152mm SP?
Banshee3Actual
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 125 posts
Armorama: 118 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 08:47 AM UTC
Anyone ever see anything on this? [IMG]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/linedoggie/th_152X2system.jpg" BORDER="0">
/image.file[/img]

It's a twin 152mm Gun Mount system on a Chassis that looks russian
Banshee3Actual
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 125 posts
Armorama: 118 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 08:56 AM UTC
Found it on this site, some further Pic's as well

http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/152x2.htm " TARGET="_blank"> http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/152x2.htm
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 09:38 AM UTC
The most info available is on that webpage but there is a little more on tanknet. However, this vehicle is just being considered for production so there is not much more to add to this right now.

In theory, it sounds promising...and looks vicious!
TopSmith
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,742 posts
Armorama: 1,658 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 10:26 AM UTC
Now that would make one heck of a kit! Oh Gino......
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
Armorama: 1,458 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 01:15 PM UTC
Wow.An 'over and under' howitzer.......
Definately not Remington!
zokissima
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 259 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2007 - 11:40 PM UTC
Geez, that thing looks murderous.
RichardM
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 383 posts
Armorama: 358 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 01:36 AM UTC
Wow a Modern Russian Paper Panzer/prototype... Where's Dragon/Cyber-Hobby when we need them

Mean looking beast
Johnston_RCR
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 470 posts
Armorama: 367 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 03:44 AM UTC
This would be a great one for Trumpeter to try and tackle I just want one in plastic so I can afford it
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 05:37 AM UTC

Thought the "Russkies" were supposed to be "dead in the water"?

What a machine!
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 06:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Now that would make one heck of a kit! Oh Gino......

I'm here!! Hmm, an over & under double barrel howitzer. One hell of a shotgun. Looks pretty cool, I don't really see the utility of it though. I won't be building it. I'm not a big fan of Russian armor and artillery.
FlaminPole
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 102 posts
Armorama: 98 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 06:24 AM UTC
70km range!!! HOLY

Oh and in regards to them being 'dead in the water', this is probably a cost effective vehicle that allows them to cut down on maintaining large numbers of tube guns/older self propelled guns. Just a few of these baby's would translate into several batteries worth of fire if it really can put out 15 rounds per minute. Artillery preps would be quick and furious and before the smoke cleared, the tanks would be on the prepped position before a completed contact report could get out!
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 06:50 AM UTC
It is not necessarily a new technology as much as combining several modern ones to make something new. The "boxer" system allows the recoil of one tube to help power/setup the other and also lessens the recoil on the frame. With the Autoloader, it can lay down swift FFE's...but I am not sure if they have gone to a 1 piece shell or 2...I am assuming 2, but the Russkies and their artillery tend to be...innovative and devious.

The key component is a crewless turret and two barrels per chassis with the autoloader, making it a very dangerous foe. Wether or not it will be as effective as it seems is another matter. It is a land adaption of a Naval warfare requirement, not initially started for land use. Russians often tend to overlap land artillery/coastal defence/ship main armaments.

It is also supposed to be built on the "not yet seen T-95" chassis, so if any kit company makes a T-95 (HA!) then they can go to this easy.
Johnston_RCR
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 470 posts
Armorama: 367 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 08:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

70km range!!! HOLY

Oh and in regards to them being 'dead in the water', this is probably a cost effective vehicle that allows them to cut down on maintaining large numbers of tube guns/older self propelled guns. Just a few of these baby's would translate into several batteries worth of fire if it really can put out 15 rounds per minute. Artillery preps would be quick and furious and before the smoke cleared, the tanks would be on the prepped position before a completed contact report could get out!

Don't forget, you also save money and manpower because the turret is crewless. Less soldiers to pay, plus less vehicles to maintain. This may be at least a starting point to the Russians being able to build a professional army, if they can save the costs, and use savings in a better manner.
 _GOTOTOP