Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
: On the Eastern Front
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Armorama: 2,762 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 09:26 AM UTC
Very cool pics. The campaign has started right? I have started my M3 Lee the day before....
crossiron
Visit this Community
Propinsi Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
KitMaker: 15 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 03:01 PM UTC
hai.. every body..
ready to battle
german KV-2 walk in progress now..
hallo mr freng finally you join to this campaign..

happy modelling enery one...

- arif -
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 04:27 PM UTC
VERY, VERY COOL reenactment pics, thanks for sharing them, now I am still undecieded as to what to build. Lots of kits in my stash too chose from. milvehfan
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 05:35 PM UTC
hello all,
i am in with a AFV 1/48th Tiger I,i am calling it somewhere in Russia 1943.
cheers,
Bruce
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 08:59 PM UTC
Nice pictures, Andrzej. Looks like an entertaining day - especially since I assume casualties were low on both sides

I am will finish some aircraft builds I am working on right now and then I will get started on this campaign.
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 10:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice pictures, Andrzej. Looks like an entertaining day - especially since I assume casualties were low on both sides

You're right, Jesper, it was really great day. Me and my friend (and owner of motorcycle I'm sittin in on one of pics) are thinking about joining some reenactment group... it sure is fun but quite expensive fun... ...
Casualties were low, but the Russian bunker was blown away in really spectacular way, and one of German officers was almost shoot in the ear... (in batlte fever one of soldats shoot his Mauser too close to officer's ear - it must have been painfull... ).

I've slowly started assembly of my T34.... it's BIG...

Andrzej
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 11:44 PM UTC
Great shots Andrzej !

I'm in with a BT-7 "German version" and a sdkfz 11/4 Nebelkraftwagen Halftrack towing a Nebelwefer maybe...
Mobious
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 210 posts
Armorama: 126 posts
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2008 - 03:26 AM UTC
Hey Nitto,
I've got one of those AFV SdKfz 11/4 in my stash. Twice, I almost started building it, I didn't have a Nebelwerfer so I sat in back in the "Stash Pile". What Nebelwerfer kit were you thinking of building?
Best Regards
KCBuilder
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 95 posts
Armorama: 83 posts
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2008 - 03:50 AM UTC
I am in with a Ferdinand from Kursk. Model with be from Dragon. Also I will be building out the interior with the Verlinden resin kit.
youngc
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 2,166 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2008 - 10:56 PM UTC
Figure vignette allowed?
endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2008 - 11:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Figure vignette allowed?

Gday Chas!
It seems that our campaign leader is missing - I haven't seen him here since January...
I'd like to see your figure vignette here (especially if you'd use your little yellow friend I remember from Airscale thread to present your progress ) but since I'm not campaign leader it's not my place to decide... As I understood it would be OK if the figures would use some equipment havier that a riffle (like a rocket louncher, panzefaust or somenthing like that).

Andrzej
Mobious
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 11:46 AM UTC
Hello everyone,
Sounds to me like a good call Andrzej, Spoken like a true campaing leader

Our campaign leader hasn't abandoned his troops has he?
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 02:28 PM UTC
This may sound like a daft question but I thought I'd ask anyway...I'm planning on building one of my "monster big" dios showing Stalingrad street fighting involving not only a stupid amount of figures (for the confusion) but a built up area with possibly trenches/street defences. Do I have to include a vehicle as I have to admit I prefer building figures and a vehicle would not look right as most of the combat was house to house.....
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 03:08 PM UTC
Hi Karl, the rules and regs are a bit confusing in that area since they state "You may enter any military item (vehicle, tank, truck, cannon, missile launcher, etc.)" but then later on "as long as the main focus lies on the vehicle itself"

Since our leader is AWOL I would go with what Andrzej stated, as long as there is a "military item" heavier than a rifle. Looking forward to your dio!
Mobious
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 03:57 PM UTC
Hello everyone,
Is there any place that will have the list of "Troops and Equipment / Members and Builds", Just to kinda keep track of what everyone is building. This is my first GB so it may be a stupid question, but a question none the less.
grayghost666
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 05:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Karl, the rules and regs are a bit confusing in that area since they state "You may enter any military item (vehicle, tank, truck, cannon, missile launcher, etc.)" but then later on "as long as the main focus lies on the vehicle itself"

Since our leader is AWOL I would go with what Andrzej stated, as long as there is a "military item" heavier than a rifle. Looking forward to your dio!

hello James,
with the campaign leader MIA,i would suggest that Andrezj be asked (appointed) co-campaign leader.he has been answering most of the questions put forth and if the campaign leader shows up,he can take over from there.i have been re-reading the rules and i think that any weapon heavier then a rifle is allowed.
just my 2 cents.
cheers,
Bruce
yeahwiggie
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,093 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 06:47 PM UTC
What is that with campaignleaders???
Do they get cold feet or are they picked off by some cybersniper?? They seem to have a habbit of vanishing into thin air. This one's missing, the Blitzkriegleader is gone and if I recall correctly so did the C&C-leader too.... or was it the Medic-leader??
Mobious
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 07:03 PM UTC
Hello all
I say "Darn the Torpedoes, On With the Builds!" I would like to second the motion of making Andrezj our "Interrim Campaing Leader"
I just about finished my Kubel and built some of the figures for the "Operation Barbarossa" thing I am planning.
[img]http://[DSC_0003(1)/img]
I want to portray the magnitude of the offensive with a "convoy" of vehicles. I was thinking of building the AFV Sd.Kfz. 11 w/105 and maybe another Kubel with several Officers and NCO's pouring over a vast map. All within an 8 to 10" width.
I would like to thank Andrezj again for the pics.
Comments and Suggestions are Welcome,
Best Regards
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 04:16 AM UTC
Andrzej has my vote for interim/permanent campaign leader Andrzej has also designed some great ribbons, has one been picked yet?

Mobious, that sounds like a great idea with the convoy, should be a fun project.

MSGsummit
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 545 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 04:48 AM UTC
I'll second the motion for Andrzej to lead this campaign. The Original leaderwas a fairly new member and hasn't been around for some time.
Mobious
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 05:43 AM UTC
Well, maybe when the time arrises someone would email Andrzej, and ask If he would accept the title, and responsiblitie associated with being our newly appointed C-n-C. I'm a newbie and still wet behind the ears. I feel I would be way out of place to ask.
yeahwiggie
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 06:39 AM UTC
I justed dropped Andrzej a line regarding this problem....
which brings me to another one.
I would like to change my entry for this campaign.
I was going to do a 251/9 used by Casper Sporck in the Nordland division, but I was hoping I would be allowed to use another subject, being the 251/18 I planned on entering in the C&C-campaign.
I had to drop out of that one at an early stage, but had some work done on the vehicle. In the end I had to rework a lot of that vehicle, so there is little left of the original one, apart from the maptable and the benches.
Do I have permission to make the change??

This is what the vehicle looked like in the end:
grayghost666
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 07:08 AM UTC
hello Ron,
i would say go for it.as you have stated not much is left of the original build.and please keeping posting photo's of your build,i think it is going to be interesting.

Matt,the campaign leader has alot of family medical problems,so that is why he is not around much.as XO of Blitzkrieg campaign,i have been doing what i can to keep it going strong.and i expect Matt to show up when he is needed.
cheers,
Bruce
yeahwiggie
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 07:40 AM UTC
Hi Bruce,
Somehow I missed you being the XO here.... sorry, didn't mean to get in the way or cut in on the desicion making. I just get carried away from time to time and take action....

I will be joining up with the sdkfz 251/1 then. Thanks for allowing it!! Stay tuned for pictures!

ohhh and by the way, say hi to Matt and wish him and his family the best of luck!!
endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 07:47 AM UTC
Hi mates!

I see what was going on when I was not watching... How could you even think to put such responsibility on my back!!

I've just received PM from Ron - it seems to be another campaign with CL MIA, (first Medic, now this one... I've heard that CnC and FaS campaigns had same problems...). I was a substitute leader for Medic, so it's not a problem to manage also this one.
I have only one condition - can somebody convince my wife that Mauser Kar98k replica I want to buy is absolutely necessary for my mental health??? She doesn't want to let me have it...

I'll PM Mark Millard and let him know about our decision.

Thank you all for trust - I'll do my best to lead this campaign in the way that will make every participant happy.

Anyway:
@ Everybody here - it seems we all agree that "VEHICLE" is not necesary if only troops are equipped with anything havier than Mauser Kar98k (sigh) or PPSH - heavy machine guns, mortars etc are welcome.

@ Ron - great start! It seems that you still have a lot of work to do, so from my point of view: permission granted .

@ Bruce - sorry to hear that Matt have some family problems... If you have some contact with him, please let him know that I'm all with him.

@ Mobious - OMG!!! Your driver has no head!! Nice start - I'd love to see it finished!

This was LOOOOONG post... I hope to show my progress soon (I've started engine and gear-brakes system assembly).

Andrzej