Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Shermans!
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 01:06 PM UTC
Jesper, Marcin, thanks for opinion!
I'm not sure if the theme is big enough to be a ribbon (gen. Sherman is not very visible...) but it's up to Marcin - he's the campaign leader.
I'll try to work on some banners - I hope that today wll be calm day at work.... If nothing urgent happens I present some proposal with this theme today afternoon .
So wish me a calm day at work .
Andrzej
WARLORD
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 1,923 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 01:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jesper, thanks for opinion!
I'm not sure if the theme is big enough to be a ribbon (gen. Sherman is not very visible...) but it's up to Marcin - he's the campaign leader.
I'll try to work on some banners - I hope that today wll be calm day at work.... If nothing urgent happens I present some proposal with this theme today afternoon .
So wish me a calm day at work .
Andrzej

For ribbon General is big enough.
I'm wondering if Sherman tank profile wouldn't be more significant especially for non U.S. participants.
For sure U.S. flag as background is a winner and we have to think over what theme should be on ribbon: Sherman tank or Gen. Sherman. What do you think?
jubelum
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 124 posts
Armorama: 111 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 01:22 PM UTC
Ooopss...got some here,count me in.
endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 01:48 PM UTC
You're right Marcin... maybe more neutral background would be better solution (since as you mentioned Shermans were used also by other than American armies - like Russian or Israel). I did like your proposal of ribbon you've presented in WhiteWashed forum so we may stay with that one .
We can use the Sherman's portraits along with US flag background for some banners though... If one would build American Sherman - it would do the job. We could make also some other more neutral banners for those of us who will chose non-American version of Sherman tank.
Andrzej
endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 07:12 PM UTC
I'm back with few ribbon and banner proposals (day at work was calm enough to make them ).
We've discussed this issue with Marcin and since th Civil War history is not well known outside the US so may be the General William Tecumseh Sherman. Because of that we've decided to keep the US flag as a background but to use Sherman tank profile on it for a ribbon. Here are three proposals - one with portrait, one with tank in color closer to the original scheme, and one in gold - it's up to Marcin and to you all to vote and choose which one you prefere:
R1.
R2.
R3.

I've created also three banners - same thing - vote and decide .

I'll send chosen banners and ribbon to Marcin to put them on official gallery. If you have any remarks or change proposals please post them - I would appreciate them!
Andrzej
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 09:59 AM UTC
Ribbon 2
Banner 3

Mike
WARLORD
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 01:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm back with few ribbon and banner proposals (day at work was calm enough to make them ).
We've discussed this issue with Marcin and since th Civil War history is not well known outside the US so may be the General William Tecumseh Sherman. Because of that we've decided to keep the US flag as a background but to use Sherman tank profile on it for a ribbon. Here are three proposals - one with portrait, one with tank in color closer to the original scheme, and one in gold - it's up to Marcin and to you all to vote and choose which one you prefere:
R1.
R2.
R3.

I've created also three banners - same thing - vote and decide .

I'll send chosen banners and ribbon to Marcin to put them on official gallery. If you have any remarks or change proposals please post them - I would appreciate them!
Andrzej

Excellent work, Andrzej. Thank you for your help.

I think that everyone should have a choice which banner would like to use so there shouldn't be any official one.
As for ribbon, I think no.3 is the best. Maybe you could also provide a ribbon the same as R3 but with Sherman in OD?

endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 02:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

As for ribbon, I think no.3 is the best. Maybe you could also provide a ribbon the same as R3 but with Sherman in OD?

OK. Marcin - here we go with OD. For me it doesn't look as good as the golden one.
R4.
Tank's profile with OD is not as clear and visible on the flag background. I'd stay with R3...

Andrzej
WARLORD
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 03:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

OK. Marcin - here we go with OD. For me it doesn't look as good as the golden one.
R4.
Tank's profile with OD is not as clear and visible on the flag background. I'd stay with R3...

Andrzej

You're right, gold looks much better.

I vote for R 3
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 03:27 PM UTC
They are all good, but I would go for ribbon 1, banner 2. But seems like I am outnumbered

Good work, Andrzej
youngc
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 2,166 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 05:55 PM UTC
Hey guys,

What's a Sherman?

:)jokes:)
endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 06:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey guys,
What's a Sherman?

:)jokes:)

Well, how to describe it? Sherman is a sort of a big bug, but for real it's half man, half parrot, and in 3/4 a badger... it has something to do with bikes repairs... some people tried to breed them in Australia too, but Shermans cannot live upside down - they was falling down from the globe .
Greetings to a guy from “The Land Down Under”
sweaver
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 759 posts
Armorama: 410 posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 - 04:32 PM UTC
Very well done banners, Andrzej.

Personally, I think that the gold tank shows up better on the flag. As for the banner, I think that since Civil War history is less well known outside the US, leaving General Sherman out of all but one of the banners might be a good idea. I just don't think he will have much appeal to those outside of the US (much less to the Confederate partisans among us ). So more choices like banner 3 might be nice.

Samuel
koenele
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 4,194 posts
Armorama: 408 posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 - 04:52 PM UTC
i'm in marcin,

with a M4A3E8

endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 - 07:27 PM UTC
This campaing doesn't start for me as I would like it to...
I've ordered Dragon's Thunderbolt VII - it's out of stock... I've changed the order to Dragon's M4A1 (76mm) WET - also out of stock .
I hope that I'll get one of those... I could try another supplier, but it will last and situation may be the same...
WARLORD
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 11:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

This campaing doesn't start for me as I would like it to...
I've ordered Dragon's Thunderbolt VII - it's out of stock... I've changed the order to Dragon's M4A1 (76mm) WET - also out of stock .
I hope that I'll get one of those... I could try another supplier, but it will last and situation may be the same...

Don't worry, Andrzej. We start in April so you have some more time to get your Sherman.
Maurice
Visit this Community
Friesland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 254 posts
Armorama: 75 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 02:25 AM UTC
Hi,

Just joined, will be a nice way to get a bit more active on the forum

Would the M3 grant/Lee tank be allowed as an early model, as it uses more or less the same chassis and suspension?
WARLORD
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 04:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi,

Just joined, will be a nice way to get a bit more active on the forum

Would the M3 grant/Lee tank be allowed as an early model, as it uses more or less the same chassis and suspension?

I'm sorry but acording to campaign's rules M4 Sherman and its modyfications are allowed.
Maurice
Visit this Community
Friesland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 254 posts
Armorama: 75 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 05:34 PM UTC
No problem, still got time to decide on another model
vanize
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 05:47 PM UTC
Oh, does that mean we can't do an M7 Priest for this campaign either? That was built on an M3, but I assumed that since they were pretty much the same chassis it be ok...

Oh well, I have an M4A1 in my stash too.
WARLORD
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2008 - 02:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh, does that mean we can't do an M7 Priest for this campaign either? That was built on an M3, but I assumed that since they were pretty much the same chassis it be ok...

Oh well, I have an M4A1 in my stash too.

M7 would be OK as long as it's later version based on M4 parts.
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2008 - 06:01 PM UTC
Well I have decided on modelling a M4 which was a botched attempt from last year, which I stripped down and will refit. It is the DML MkIII kit, with the Formations conversion to a M4 (mostly the reason I wanted to re-use the darn thing!) It should produce the most accurate M4 to be had in plastic (mostly)
Annoyingly it has the early transmission housing, but I have thought about representing it as the one found on the bottom of page 9 of the old Squadron 'Sherman in Action' book, complete with scratchbuilt sandbag armour and maybe tankriders?
If this falls through, I am sweating on some new Bison decals to replace a botched attempt on my converted Tasca M4A1 (to a late version). This could be the most viable option...
Just realised I do botch a lot of things...
Cheers
Brad
stoney
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 480 posts
Armorama: 399 posts
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2008 - 08:22 PM UTC
Sooo... thinking of doing up an M36B1 using the tamiya m4a3 W hull and a resin M36 turret If I can find one, anyone know of a good after market option?
or I might do up the old Italeri Kangaroo in canadian service, again anyone know a good reference source for this?
Really looking foreward to starting this campaign!
beefy66
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 971 posts
Armorama: 280 posts
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2008 - 04:43 AM UTC
Looking forward to this one Shermans are my favorite builds will be concentrating all my resorses on the CRAB FLAIL British version of course. Who says you have to paint them GREEN.
ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 762 posts
Armorama: 323 posts
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2008 - 12:18 PM UTC
Could be a good excuse for me to get my Dragon sherman MkIII built, so I think I'll join up.