_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Half-track campaign, anyone?
whiteeagle
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Slaskie, Poland
KitMaker: 299 posts
Armorama: 281 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2008 - 10:43 PM UTC
Hello all

I have second option else - Polish wz.34 half-track from 1939:

I must choose one of these half-tracks...

Adam
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
KitMaker: 530 posts
Armorama: 450 posts
Posted: Monday, August 04, 2008 - 11:22 PM UTC
Hi guys!

Just thought I'd let everyone know that the 1/24 scale Opel Maultier is well under way! This is a conversion of the old Italeri Opel Blitz truck that hopefully will come to life as a Maultier. So far, I've worked out a drive sprocket, the drive axle, the boogie wheels and part of the boogie mechanisms. However, the tracks are super labor intensive even with casting several links at a time. Hopefully the process will speed up the more I do them but for now they're really tough.
I'm also going to redo the cargo bed of the Blitz. I've made some cast resin lumber that has a really pronounced and realistic grain pattern to replace the overly simple wood on the Italeri model. I've also managed to get part of the military patterned tire finished although I haven't decided on whether to make a six lug/six hole rim or one with eight lugs/eight holes. The ones in the kit are civilian treaded tires on unusable rims. Hopefully I can get some photos up once I figure out this whole camera thing.

Jim
Large Scale Armory
casper
Visit this Community
Nelson, New Zealand
KitMaker: 395 posts
Armorama: 173 posts
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2008 - 11:47 AM UTC
Hi ya,
I haven't signed the dotted line yet, but was just wondering if this classify's as a Half-Track (in the general sense of the Campaign !)

OR, should I head in the direction of a more "conventional" style i.e.

Awaiting your verdit .

Roger.
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2008 - 03:12 PM UTC
I can't see why not
At least it'll be different from the 251 I'm about to build
emroglan
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2008 - 11:27 PM UTC
Casper, as far as the definition of half-track goes, those qualify AFAIK, halftracks were first utilized for agricultural use anyway.
yeahwiggie
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,093 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2008 - 01:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi ya,
I haven't signed the dotted line yet, but was just wondering if this classify's as a Half-Track (in the general sense of the Campaign !)

OR, should I head in the direction of a more "conventional" style i.e.

Awaiting your verdit .

Roger.

Hi Roger,
I dare you to do one of these!!!
That would surely give this campaign the needed variety, together witch the Polish vehicle..
Personally I would love to do one of the French versions, but these are economically not justified....

casper
Visit this Community
Nelson, New Zealand
Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2008 - 10:59 AM UTC
[/quote]Hi Roger,
I dare you to do one of these!!!
That would surely give this campaign the needed variety, together witch the Polish vehicle..
Personally I would love to do one of the French versions, but these are economically not justified.... [/quote]

Ron, Challenge accepted . I had been thinking about doing a Citroen-Kegresse or even the Alfa-Romeo RM, but then remembering I had some pic's of the Ag versions .
Emre, thanks for confirming I won't be treading on any toes .
Alfa Romeo RM
CitroenB2 Croisiere Noire
Well must off and sign the dotted line for the Campaign

Hmmm - not sure why the 1st image won't show !.
tuff13
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 144 posts
Armorama: 104 posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2008 - 05:43 AM UTC
Hey,a little late on joining the campaign. But this looks like a pretty cool campaign theme.I was wondering if a Panzerwerfer 42 and a demag 7 would be acceptable builds ???
Jedite
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 44 posts
Armorama: 21 posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 - 05:20 AM UTC
Hello there!

Looks like many of us like the Sdkfz. 251/22.
I vwould like to build it too.
A few months ago I've bought one from Hasegawa in 1/72 scale.

I know thats not a fancy and good lookin' model like the dragon and trumpheter models.

Anyway, i will build it in "Out of the Box" style. (I'm relativly new to scale modelling you know)
emroglan
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 - 12:11 PM UTC
Welcome aboard Jeff and Norbert!

As for your question Jeff, both the Panzerwerfer 42 and the Demag (sdkfz 11?) are half-tracks and fully acceptable. If both are Italeri, I would recommend going for the Panzerwerfer 42 with aftermarket tracks (Masterbox offers a good set for cheap). I think the Panzerwerfer is the better kit out of the two.
Removed by original poster on 08/28/08 - 11:38:56 (GMT).
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 07:52 AM UTC
Jeff- great paint job, look even better after you weather her.
DJ
anti-hero
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 420 posts
Armorama: 307 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 12:17 PM UTC
I don't mean to be an (insert dirty word here), but doesn't this campaign start NEXT Monday?

BTW Jeff, the camo looks fine, maybe a little bright though. Could just be the photos (did you use the flash?) but the base color looks tan rather than armor dark yellowish. As far as pattern though it looks good.

BillK.
Mobious
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 210 posts
Armorama: 126 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 12:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi ya,

Awaiting your verdit .

Roger.

Is this based on a Ford or a Ford/Ferguson Tractor? It look's so cool.
emroglan
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 07:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Here's what I building for the campaign. Its been a pretty good build,parts fit pretty good ! Ive painted the camo with Model Masters enamel. I still have some weathering to do.I was wondering if the camo scheme looks alright????

Oh my... it seems you started without checking the beginning date...

Reading the SPIF campaign thread, maybe you should switch builds. You can build the Panzerwerfer 42 for a SPIF build (it definitely qualifies and that campaign is already under way) and it you want to join Halftracks, you can build your Demag.

OK everyone, get ready for we have 3 days left to go. I will request for a new sticky campaign page and starting from September 1st, we will continue from there.
tuff13
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 144 posts
Armorama: 104 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 12:43 AM UTC
Emre Efli, I didnt thank that it mattered when u could show what one was working on.So I pulled the post on the Panzerwefer 42,as suggested and will do the Demag.I'll post some photo's of the box art and some contents of the Demag
casper
Visit this Community
Nelson, New Zealand
Posted: Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 10:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Is this based on a Ford or a Ford/Ferguson Tractor? It look's so cool.

Hi ya Mobious,
It's a common old Ferguson. The tractor aficionado's will rip your tongue out for combining the F-word with Ferguson .
Anyways I was just having a gander at the official build thread and noted there is really only one flavour of build (damned 251/_ _ _ blah blah), come on folks there's more than German WWII half-tracks, just as a quick example - how about combining a Bedford QL truck with a Universal Carriers tracks or a CMP cab with said tracks

"Variety is the spice of life".
Now I'll lay low now and dodge the flak .
Mobious
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 210 posts
Armorama: 126 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 12:49 PM UTC
Hello casper,
The Bedford is a great idea. Looks cool. Here's something I found while looking for info on a SEEP. Thought it would fit into this campaign.

I have a few pics of a Kuble with a similar set up, but they're in books and I lack a scanner.
Best Regards,
Mo
yeahwiggie
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,093 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 08:14 PM UTC
Hi Casper & Mobious,
great pictures you got there! especially the british version are cool.
I would have loved to do something else than a 251 for this campaign, but halftrack oddballs are way out of my financial league at this moment. That's why I went for an ancient Tamiya Ausf D with a less ancient Azimut conversion. This way it would not be to common...

In my forum I have more oddballs too, like a DAF and Rolls Royce. Feel free to add yours there too, if you like.
look here:
http://halbketten.forumotion.com/index.htm
 _GOTOTOP