Hosted by Darren Baker
Monty`s Humber Staff Car
squeeky1968
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 315 posts
Armorama: 232 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 09:04 PM UTC
Hi Guys (and Gals),just finished the restoration of the 1/32 scale Airfix kit which i`d bought off E-Bay (part done - badly !!, unpainted).
What i`m dying to get hold of is a better colour scheme of what is included in the box.I do`nt mean a complete colour change but i fail to believe that the thing was painted in olive drab top to bottom,back to front.
My research has shown that staff cars were military adaptions of civilian vehicles which means that only the exteriors got "army`ied" and that interiors remained in civilian garb.
I did look on the Imperial War Museum website (they`ve got one of them at Duxford) but this is a shot of it from the rear and shows nothing of the interior.
Can anyone help me ?..............................Beulller ?!?!?!
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,192 posts
Armorama: 1,615 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 10:34 PM UTC
Danny,
The vehicle featured in the Airfix kit is actually Monty's 2nd Humber (i.e. not the one he used in North Africa). As such it was built while the war was on, so was probably finished in a somewhat "austere" wartime style, by 1943 there weren't many civilian buyers around! So I'm afraid an overall olive drab is probably right. Having said that, it was a staff car, so there might be leather rather than canvas seats etc.
Simon
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 878 posts
Armorama: 697 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 07:16 AM UTC
Sorry

I once build this one years ago... Please post pictures of the finished model. That'll be a trip down memory lane.

Good luck with it - the build that is

Simon
flakgunner
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 657 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 - 12:08 AM UTC
hey,

hers a few pic,I found helpful

http://www.detailpics.net/humbergal.htm

Joe
squeeky1968
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 315 posts
Armorama: 232 posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 - 08:04 AM UTC
Hi Joe,
You`re a star,that`s exactly what i was looking for.The pictures show enough of the interior to do a paint guide so i can press on with painting the beastie.Sorry i wont be able to post any pics as i do`nt own a digicam but rest assured i`ll try to do an old kit justice.
Thanks to all for your help and guidence,Danny.
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 2,798 posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 - 09:11 PM UTC
As it was before the IWM got their hands on it

David
 _GOTOTOP