Hosted by Darren Baker
Props to Tank Workshop
Bratushka
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,019 posts
Armorama: 657 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 10:25 AM UTC
I already posted this in my M543A2 thread, but since it's buried at the end it may not get noticed as much. I really think it's deserving of its own thread. Forgive my redundancy.

I want to mention I also owe props to Tank Workshop. I bought their M123A1 10 ton Dragon Wagon Tractor kit. Shortly after receiving it I was contacted by the person who runs it, Jay Galbriez. He said he had looked over a second kit he had sold and saw there were some problems with the wheels/tires. He made new molds and recast the tire assemblies. He obviously went back through his records and contacted everybody who had bought the kit that may have had the defect to let them know about the potential problem. I was sent a complete new set of wheels and tires for the kit at their expense. When I first got the kit I gave it a cursory once over and didn't really inspect every part in detail. After hearing from him I checked and sure enough, the wheels were deformed in the kit. In an era when customer service is going the way of the dinosaur I appreciate the proactive action that was taken here. That I was contacted and told about it and that a corrective action was underway really shows what a first class operation Tank Workshop is. I will be a repeat customer as long as I build models.

EDIT: Added Mr. Galbriez's name and cleaned up language a bit.
woodstock74
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,189 posts
Armorama: 692 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 02:32 PM UTC
Had positive dealings with them as well. Recently purchased their T23 turret and noticed it was missing the mantlet piece. They had one out to me in 2 days. That they are local to me (GA) is a plus as well in my book!
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 03:08 PM UTC
The owner of TWS is Jay Galbriez. Great story of service, there!
SteveReid
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 212 posts
Armorama: 159 posts
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2008 - 01:38 AM UTC
On Monday (6/16/08) I ordered a set of Tank Workshop wheels for the old Tamiya LRDG 30cwt truck. I spoke to Jay Galbierz by phone. He was great to talk to- and at one point I thought I remembered doing a judging shift with him at AMPS in Aberdeen- turns out I was mistaken. He finished taking my order and finished our call.

An hour later my phone rang and it was Jay again. "Steve, you mentioned AMPS. Are you an AMPS member?" I am and Jay informed me that AMPS guys get 10% off. "I can't believe I didn't think of it!", he said.

The wheels I bought were $14.00- so Jay had just taken the time, and expense of a phone call to save me $1.40.

Tank Workshop makes a nice product- and Jay is a class act.

Steve
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2008 - 08:18 AM UTC
Those folks just like Formation guys are first rate people.
Bratushka
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,019 posts
Armorama: 657 posts
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2008 - 10:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Those folks just like Formation guys are first rate people.

i just recently found out about Formations and bought some really neat antennas, a Maus PE grille set, and the Kelly's Heros Oddball Sherman conversion (it looks AWESOME!) which will likely be my next build as soon as i am done with my 60s era dirt track race car shop diorama.i'm finishing up with. i need a break from the auto scene! something with GUNS! but then the Trumpeter visible ME 262 I got earlier this week is calling to me ever so softly.... guns AND wings!

_GOTOTOP