Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Get the Job Done Again
emroglan
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 11:51 PM UTC
I'm in. I have more than 25 builds I have left off, stashed on my shelves. Definitely a campaign for me...
muddyfields
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 622 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 12:13 AM UTC
Hi
Just enlisted.
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 01:10 AM UTC
Since we have the remainder of the year to complete these, post your pics, tell your story, keep us informed, ask for suggestions...etc.etc.etc. Glad you guys are on board with this one. Should prove to be a good opportunity to clear the benches as it were. I set a goal two years ago to finish all my 1/2 finished projects over the winter of 2007. Well, as fate would have it, I made it thru about 30 of them with the rest are still sitting here, so I will be focusing on those. From the looks of it I might make it thru all of them, but the P-61 and the B-26 will be the big ones as I have a lot of work to do on those. If you guys want to BLOG your builds as you go, feel free, or you can just post your progress here in this thread. The 16th is fast approaching..yay. "Q"
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 01:31 AM UTC
I'm in.
Here's what is been waiting for ages to be finished...

Revell Pz2000 with an Eduard PE set.

This was supposed to be on a Faun Trailer, this one:

Also waiting, is a Zvezda JSU-152 with a greay detailed metal gun barrel and some MK tracks,

Great idea "Q" ! I guess next year we will have the same campaign... with different subjects I hope..

Red4
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 11:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Great idea "Q" ! I guess next year we will have the same campaign... with different subjects I hope..

Thanks, but I can't take credit for it. There was already a campaign run titled Get the Job Done and I thought it would be a good idea to continue with the theme. I imagine we could keep it going year after year though, as I know I will surely have more kits that get started and shelved again. Its a nasty cycle... lol. Glad you are enjoying it. Three days and counting guys.... "Q"
acav
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 517 posts
Armorama: 290 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 04:32 PM UTC
Hi All,

Bout time I ponied up and posted some work here - what better way than to finish my Trumpeter KV-1 Ekranahmi?
Oh, and the Trumpeter E10.
And I've got a Tamiya King Tiger that won't finish itself.

I'm in.
So in.

acav
Red4
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2009 - 01:02 AM UTC
Welcome aboard. "Q"
BobCard
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,008 posts
Armorama: 847 posts
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2009 - 02:03 AM UTC
Hello all,
I was attempting to model this Firefly, but the job of making this type of camo was a bit much at the time and the model went into a hold status for the last 10 months. Great time to finish it up but maybe using a different example without the camo

All signed up and waiting for next weekend to break it back out, it's about 60% completed.
Since I have so much time I might go for the camo again, I have to check my lead sheet reserves.

Good luck everyone,
Bob
GaryKato
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2009 - 04:15 PM UTC
I've got so many partially-built kits. Since this seems to be an armor-only campaign, I'll leave my Dragon 1/700 submarines for another time. I definitely want to finish up my Tamiya 1/35 M5A1 Stuart (OOB). It's mostly built and even painted. I have to add the fiddly bits and paint them. I also have to paint the rubber tires of the road wheels (return rollers too?) and the tracks. Since painting is not my thing, there probably won't be any weathering although maybe doing some highlighting with washes and dry-brushing might be done. I also have a Tamiya 1/35 37mm PAK 35/36 still in the assembly stage.
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 817 posts
Armorama: 555 posts
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2009 - 04:16 PM UTC
stuff it i've decided i'm gonna try to finish all four of my tigers.
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2009 - 04:18 PM UTC
just signed up Matt.
Red4
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 01:34 AM UTC
Welcome aboard guys! The campaign is open to all subjects and scales. Feel free to build those subs Gary. Glad folks are taking an interest in this one. Just a couple of days before the official green flag is dropped Not that I would mind if you were working on them currently, but just to be official you know. I have a lot on my plate for this one. Still have not heard from anybody in regards to designing a ribbon. Can somebody help a brotha' out I have no clue how to make one. I know how to upload it once I have one, but that is about it. While the campaign is a long one, I'll need some help with that when the time comes. Thanks and I'm looking forward to seeing all these builds completed. Its definitely an easier way to finish a campaign than starting from scratch. Thanks, "Q"
jimb
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Armorama: 238 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 12:02 PM UTC
Oh, what the heck! I'm in! What's one more Campaign, anyway? This will give me an excuse to finish my 1/25 1976 GMC Astro/95.
Red4
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 03:23 PM UTC
I've been checking the sign up roster and we have almost 30 thus far. Too cool. Hope to see many times that sign on in during the remainder of the year. Welcome aboard all. Just about 27.5 or so hours left until SP. Looking forward to seeing your completed works guys! "Q"
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 04:14 PM UTC
hey matt while i was working on one of my tigers (tamiya's late) i had an insane idea because i model on a budget ( recession and all that) i didn't want to splash out on fruil tracks so i decided to have ago at hollowing the guide horns out on the indy kit tracks 2 1/2 hours later i'd done six links but i'll carry on i've got all year p.s. will post pics once home pc is fixed shouldn't be too long now fingers crossed. Ant
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Armorama: 712 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 07:18 PM UTC
I read about this campaign on the Autmodeller site. Am I correct in assuming you can finish a car in this one as well? If so I have a Tamiya 1/12 Lola T-70 with certain 'fit issues' I might be brave enough to get out again.. But then again maybe not..

No.. I am in!
Red4
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 03:01 AM UTC
Guys, I can't stress it enough...ANYTHING IS WELCOME! Tell your friends, hell, tell your enemies. lol. Welcome aboard. I just got a 1/18 scale Lola off of Ebay a few weeks back. Sweet looking kit and I couldn't beat the price. Less than $50 USD shipped from Japan even. All the others I found were mid 50 in price without shipping. Killer deal in my book. Less than 24 hours to go time. Thanks again all. "Q"
TheDiggs
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 338 posts
Armorama: 75 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 03:11 AM UTC
Does it have to be something that actually existed? I was working on an upgunned 1/700 US heavy cuiser. I was mounting 6 12'' guns in her unstead of the usual 9 8" guns. Of course I have been 25% done since a year ago.
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 03:37 AM UTC
So can I re-enter this with things I failed to finish the last time we tried this?

Mike
casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 665 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 11:25 AM UTC
Hi all! Just enlisted in my second campaign here in Armorama. I have 1/35 Dragon SU-85m, which has been waiting for painting and few last parts too many weeks now. This is a great boost to get it done, atleast before What if -campaign starts.
emroglan
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 11:42 AM UTC
What to do... what to do...

Painted and decalled Trumpeter SA-6, waiting for pioneer tools and weathering
Painted DML BMP-2, waiting for decals and weathering
Semi-assembled Trumpeter KV-1 Ekhranami, waiting for practically everything .

Apart from these, I have two Jeeps that are lying on my shelf for about 4 years, they have been painted and decaled, maybe this campaign might the excuse to complete them at last!
Red4
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 01:09 PM UTC
Ok, one more time....If it is a kit you started at some point, any kit, any scale, any subject, real, fake, make believe, made up, hypothetical, never was, maybe was, might have been, would have been, should have been, could have been,....If you glued two parts together at some point in time and then shelved it, whether it was yesterday, or 100 years ago, it is eligible for this campaign. Space, Sci-Fi, figures, cars, naval, armor, aircraft, anime, figures, railroad, scratchbuilt, resin, injected, vac, metal, kit bash, etc. etc. etc. Its all good. Looks like we are officially underway, so less typing and more building We have over 30 signed on so far. Good on ya'. Thanks, "Q" Pics of what I am trying to finish will follow shortly.
ps. Yes those of you who tried and didn't complete the last "Get The Job Done" campaign qualify for this one.
Red4
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 01:51 PM UTC
Okay, as promised, here are pics of what I am going to try and finish/repair before the end of the year. Some will prove easy to do, but others will be a weeee bit more involved. Lets see some pics of what you guys have lined up for completion. "Q"
1/32 Hasegawa BF2C-1- Broken right landing gear, and finishing fiddly bits...

1/48 Bird-dog- Lots to do...

1/25 Ford Woody- Again, lots to do.

1/48 Mongram P-61--I shudder to thing about what is involved

1/32 PAC Coast Models MC-205- Really close. Lots of resin yet to fit..

1/35 Tamiya Pz.IVD with Eduard PE- Lots of fiddly bits yet to be added..

1/35 Italeri Tiger IE- Again, lots of fiddly bits yet to add-

1/48 Monogram B-26 Marauder- Lots of scratch building ahead and window goofs to fix..

1/72 Heller A-10- About 80% complete. Was part of a comparative build with the other kits available in 1/72

1/72 Hasegaa A-10- Same as above-

1/72 Italeri A-10- Got the furthest with this one, but still not quite there.

Last but not least,
1/25 Model King Leeroy Yarbrough Mercury Cyclone Spoiler II- Got a little scratchbuilding done to the cage, and that is about it. Pretty much a complete build for this one-

I have a couple more, but they were being worked on when I started this campaign, so I am not going to include them. Hopefully they will be finished too! Lets see what you guys got! "Q"
newfish
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,329 posts
Armorama: 2,110 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 02:19 PM UTC
intereasting builds Q

Ive got:

Tamiya M20 to finish building, paint, weather and add various stowage

Academy/Tamiya M113 Fitter kit bash to finish building add stowage and crew and also weather

finally: Tamiya's m41 Walker Bulldog to add a few bits and paint

I have done allot more to my M41 since i took this

TheDiggs
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 338 posts
Armorama: 75 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 03:41 PM UTC
Here is what I will be up to. I forget how I got the idea but I started building an alternative to the USS Alaska CB-1, which was extremely expensive and had a very short career at the very end of WWII. As impressive as they were we didn't get very much bang for our buck with these ships.

I took a previous and successful cruiser class and started with the intent to up-gun it from 9 8 " guns to 6 12" guns. I never did progress very far but this is just the opportunity I needed to get going on it again.