Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Blitz II Africa
captnenglish
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,184 posts
Armorama: 770 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 12:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Official Thread

I completely forgot about this campaign and just happened to pick up an 8th Army two figure vignette; how's that for timng. Now off to the IWM to find pics
shneezbert
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 99 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 10:41 AM UTC
count me in , I'll be doing the Cyber-Hobby Pz III ausf N.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 12:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello All,
Thank you Mark for setting up the Official Thread and Gallery on a Sunday.

The campaign starts tomorrow, June 1st. I hope all of you who have signed up is ready to go, I know I am. I will do either a Pz 3 N or a Cruiser Mk 1/2 or maybe both if I have enought time.
So lets sound off on who's doing this campaign and what are you thinking about building?
If you have any questions about what is allowed, Please let me know.
Cheers,
Bruce

Bruce, I am just starting to paint a Pz II deployed in Africa, though the kit has been built before the campaign. Will this still qualify? Thanks -- Tat
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 02:18 PM UTC
Hello Tat,
With the model being built before the campaign started, But not painted. I am sorry, But it does not qualify for this campaign. You are not to start before the start date.
You could submit it for the Model of the Month contest or for a Feature on your build.
There is a lot of time before the end of this campaign, So you could do another model for the campaign.
Again, I am sorry to say no.
Cheers,
Bruce
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 11:21 PM UTC
Thanks Bruce, and no worries. Good that I've asked on that. Am a bit intimidated given the fantastic builds and paint jobs featured so I'll probably put it up for the Get the Job Done Again campain for now. Let me check what other DAK subjects I have and sign up later. Cheers -- Tat
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 07:02 AM UTC
Hi,
It's nice to see you all with another Blitzkrieg series campaign, I hope to see more soon... Maybe OIF blitzkrieg?
Here's my progress: Panzer IV AusfD Africa version is almost built and I already started to paint it. What you can see on the picture is model covered with mix of scarlet and black I use for a salt technique as a ground color. Next step: salt aplication and Panzergrau.
By the way: I'm building it as OOB; it's an old (very old...) Tamiya kit... well... it sure is old .
Anyway: I hope you like it so far.

Andrzej
grayghost666
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 09:53 AM UTC
Hello Andrzej,
Glad to see you doing this campaign, It would be weird not to. Your Pz 4 better be careful, My Cruiser Mk 1 / 2 is right around the corner.
Thanks for the photo update.
Cheers,
Bruce
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 3,098 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 01:11 PM UTC
Here is an in-progress photo of the Tamiya Panzer II that I am building for this campaign.

The basic construction is done. The next step will be to wash it and get a base coat on it.

Thanks for looking.

HARV
endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 08:00 PM UTC
@ Bruce, thanks for commets! Believe me - there are many campaigns going on right now in which I'm not taking part... I want to finish some old builds that were laying on my desk for ages so I'm trying not to start new builds now.
I will watch out for your Cruiser, but I think that taking under consideration that my Panzer is under command of Desert Fox it is you who should be careful .

@ Randy, how can you keep your build in order like that? Mine is usually a mess and parts are laying all around the desk . Anyway - looking clean and nice so far.

Andrzej
mopnglo
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 452 posts
Armorama: 271 posts
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 - 04:01 AM UTC
I’ve signed up for this campaign – my first. I can’t decide between a L.R.D.G. Chevy, SAS Jeep, Sherman III, or a Daimler Scout Car. Any suggestions?

First though, I have to finish the Humber Scout Car that I’m currently building!

Michael
endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 - 05:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I can’t decide between a L.R.D.G. Chevy, SAS Jeep, Sherman III, or a Daimler Scout Car. Any suggestions?

Michael

Build'em all
Nice to see you with us.

Andrzej
grayghost666
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 - 09:27 AM UTC
Hello Michael,
First thing, Welcome to the Campaign. On what to build, Most of the modelers are doing German, So how about the Sherman lll. Of course you just could build them all, If you have the time.
Again Welcome to the Campaign.
Cheers,
Bruce
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 3,098 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 - 12:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

@ Randy, how can you keep your build in order like that? Mine is usually a mess and parts are laying all around the desk .

Like it has been said by others on this site several times. A clean work bench is the sign of a sick mind!! I just like to keep all of my stuff lined up and organized........so I guess I am a little sick!!

Quoted Text

Anyway - looking clean and nice so far.

Thanks. I did a little work on it tonight. I just got a new pin vise so I drilled out the main gun and machine gun barrels as well as the exhaust. I hope to get a base coat on it in the next couple of days.

Thanks again,

HARV
mopnglo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 02:46 AM UTC
Thanks Andrzej and Bruce! I'm excited about taking part in the campaign.

I think I winner is the Sherman III. I have Dragons Sherman Mk III (#6313) kit with markings for tanks that served in Syria. Will that meet the campaign rules?

Michael

PS - I will build them all... eventually.
grayghost666
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 09:52 AM UTC
Hello Michael,
It is allowed under the rules. Any area under French rule, Italian rule, or British rule is allowed.
Cheers,
Bruce
mopnglo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 12:34 PM UTC
Great! Thanks, Bruce. I have a few days off, so I'm hoping to finish what I'm working on and get started on the Sherman.

Thanks again!
Michael
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
KitMaker: 530 posts
Armorama: 450 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 01:39 AM UTC
Hi guys,

This one has been a tough one for me already. I really wanted to finish up some killer prototype and debut it for this campaign (like my Zundapp 750) but I've finally decided to just do my 1/24 SAS Jeep kit. Not quite as glamorous but a least this way it'll likely get finished in time.

I still have quite the pile of "seconds" and "defects" from my test castings of this kit so I'll just dig through and get everything I need. I may break down and try to do a couple of figures to go with the Jeep but that'll depend on how much time is left for the campaign. Still, it'll be nice to actually build and paint a whole model rather than just make pieces for one.

I'd nearly forgotten how much fun just building these things can be and have to say that I am really excited about this campaign. So many of the ideas and vehicles people are working on are very interesting! Will post some progress pictures soon.

Jim
Large Scale Armory
grayghost666
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 07:35 AM UTC
Hello James,
Welcome to the Campaign.
I am glad we have another Allied Vehicle build for this campaign.
As per your prototype, Another Blitz Campaign will be probably starting next spring/summer.
It will encompass the Italian and Sicily Campaign running from the time line 1943-1945.
Again, Welcome to the Campaign.
Cheers,
Bruce
MSGsummit
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 545 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 09:03 AM UTC
Hello all! Just found this thread. I've been in the middle of a move, so haven't had much time for the computer. However, I have been looking forward to this campaign for a while now. I have been working on the old Tamiya M3 Grant. Hope to have it finished in a week or two.
shneezbert
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 99 posts
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 - 02:43 PM UTC
Well after working almost all week last and a little bit this weekend (thanks wifey) I finally finished my Cyber-Hobby Pz.Kpfw III ausf. N. so enjoy.

grayghost666
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 - 05:55 PM UTC
Hello Gilbert,
Great looking build. Thanks for being an member of this campaign.
Remember to post a Photo in the Official Gallery, So you can get your ribbon.
Cheers,
Bruce
Removed by original poster on 07/01/09 - 06:38:23 (GMT).
roman
Visit this Community
Slovakia
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 95 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 07:41 PM UTC
My L6-40 in progress

SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 11:35 PM UTC
Excellent build, Gilbert. A very nice Pz. III N. I love the subtle chipping of the desert paint.

Andrzej, looking forward to follow your build. This old Tamiya kit is actually very decent despite its age and your Pz. IV looks good so far.

Roman, nice looking L6-40. It looks like a full transmission is installed in your kit. Could you give us a close up? Are you using after market items for this kit or is the transmission part of the kit?
mimeda
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 204 posts
Armorama: 191 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 08:32 AM UTC
Hello everybody, nice progress so far on all your kits......that Panzer III is looking good....

Here some pics of my progress on the 223.....still some weathering pending....

All comments & questions are appreciatted.

Mirko