Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
The True North Strong and Free
Zaltar
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 272 posts
Armorama: 264 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 01, 2009 - 05:08 AM UTC
Good, I'm glad that someone is building a naval vessel. When I started the campaign I was thinking that the Navy would not be represented as nobody had mentioned building a ship.

zaltar
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,683 posts
Armorama: 1,248 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 01, 2009 - 12:56 PM UTC
Count me in. I'm working on a Firefly Vc. Not sure which regiment yet but a Canadian one in Normandy is the idea.

Bob
Brad-M
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 402 posts
Armorama: 393 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 01, 2009 - 04:46 PM UTC
Hi David,

I can highly recommend the Resin Shipyard's Canadian Iroquois destroyer in 1/350 scale. I have the kit and it's spectacular.

Cheers
Brad

Quoted Text

Oh it will be fun, I just have to figure out a subject. I will probably do a destroyer or a frigate. I just have to decide what era I want to go for. I don't have a Canadian warship yet but I have been thinking about adding one for some time. This campaign gives me the excuse I needed to do a little bit research and pick something out.

A modern Canadian frigate will go nicely with my British destroyer and US frigate since we seem to cooperate rather well in the north Atlantic.

bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 01, 2009 - 09:17 PM UTC
I'll probably join the campaign with either a Husky ARV or a C2 MEXAS. I need to finish up my current builds before though !
Zaltar
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Monday, November 02, 2009 - 03:18 AM UTC
I'm glad to have more people joining! All of your builds will be very interesting to watch. Just over a month until the start date!

zaltar
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,728 posts
Armorama: 1,629 posts
Posted: Monday, November 02, 2009 - 04:20 AM UTC
I'll enter with either a Badger or a Bison, both of which were started long ago but have been sitting around partially built in the 'I'll get back to it one of these days' pile. This will be good motivation to try to finish them.

Jim
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Friday, November 06, 2009 - 04:47 PM UTC
I just got the AFV Club M5A1 to build for an AMPS review. There's no reason it can't be built as a Honey from the South Alberta's now is there?

And so it shall be, if life doesn't get in the way. Again.

Paul
TheDiggs
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 338 posts
Armorama: 75 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 12:23 PM UTC
I am having some serious difficulty finding a modern Canadian warship in 1/700. Unfortunantly it must be 1/700 so it is in the same scale as all of my other warships.

I did find a WWII ship that I could use, but that is plan b.
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 04:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Here's a question, if I build a Canadian M-578 recovery vehicle, can it also be entered in the proposed army engineering campaign?

cheers

I should have caught this one earlier. No, you can't enter one model in two campaigns.
GaryKato
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 04:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'll enter with either a Badger or a Bison, both of which were started long ago but have been sitting around partially built in the 'I'll get back to it one of these days' pile. This will be good motivation to try to finish them.

Jim

This is the campaign leader's call, but normally a model can not be started before the campaign starts. This is why there have been specific campaigns like "Get the Job Done..Again" aimed at finishing "shelf queens".
Zaltar
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2009 - 03:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I should have caught this one earlier. No, you can't enter one model in two campaigns.

Sorry about that, I should have asked you.

Pre-Started models I think should be allowed to be entered, because, first of all, it allows you to finish a model that you normally don't have the motivation to finish, but most of all, I don't know you're financial situation. If you can't afford a new model to build for the campaign, I don't think that that should stop you from entering. The only thing I won't allow are models that have already been painted. That's a little too close to completion.

zaltar
GaryKato
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2009 - 04:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Pre-Started models I think should be allowed to be entered, because, first of all, it allows you to finish a model that you normally don't have the motivation to finish, but most of all, I don't know you're financial situation. If you can't afford a new model to build for the campaign, I don't think that that should stop you from entering. The only thing I won't allow are models that have already been painted. That's a little too close to completion.

zaltar

It's a general rule but one that campaign leaders can waive for people. Garry Beebe generously allowed me to enter built but unpainted kits in the first "Dive! Dive! Dive!" campaign (though I didn't actually get around to painting them).
Removed by original poster on 11/11/09 - 17:20:06 (GMT).
Zaltar
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 05:23 AM UTC
Here are three Canadian Forces Tribute movies that I have made. I figured that it would be fitting to post them here.

The First World War
The Second World War
The War in Afghanistan

zaltar
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 14, 2009 - 01:02 PM UTC
Hmm seems im getting ahead of myself on this one, cracked open my Leopard C1 box of bits earlier only to spot on here that its another month yet before the campaign starts, so I shall be packing it all away again and will have to find something else to do in the mean time.

Anyway, my entry will be a C1A1 Mexas using the following stuff:
Italeri 1A4
MLM C1 late conversion
MLM C1 Mexas kit
PSM L7 105mm barrel
HKCW Leo tracks
Eduard Leopard A4 etch

and possibly other stuff depending on funds. I was looking at PSM's leo road wheel set but arent sure if its necessary. I'll also try and blog this build on the site.
Zaltar
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Saturday, November 14, 2009 - 01:24 PM UTC
I know how you feel, I really want to start on my Firefly ASAP, but I'll have to wait until Boxing Day...

That's a lot of parts used to complete your Leo, about how much does all of that cost in total?

zaltar
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2009 - 07:40 AM UTC
Luckily the extra month does give me more time to collect research!

As to the cost of parts, luckily this lot hast cost me all that much. The only item that I actually bought new at retail price was the PSM barrel, everything else I acquired from private sellers at drop down prices, im a sucker for good deals!
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,728 posts
Armorama: 1,629 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 11:30 AM UTC
Just to clarify then, previously started models are OK? If not, no worries, I'll start a RM LAV-III or Coyote! No shortage of builds to get started.

Thanks,
Jim
Zaltar
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 03:20 AM UTC
Yes, pre-started models are fine, just as long as you aren't already at the painting stage by December 26th.

zaltar
Zaltar
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 03:15 AM UTC
One month to go!

zaltar
Zaltar
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 03:36 AM UTC
Twenty more days until the campaign starts. Is everybody ready?

zaltar
chrisj
Visit this Community
Newfoundland, Canada
KitMaker: 473 posts
Armorama: 467 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 04:02 AM UTC
I'm trying to track down a MLM C2 conversion kit, anyone got one to sell? I'm planing this Leopard.

Picture by Dan Hey, full walk around on Prime Portal under Leopard C2 OPFOR.
JAFMA
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 82 posts
Armorama: 49 posts
Posted: Monday, December 07, 2009 - 12:56 PM UTC
Will more than likely be looking for some advice as it has been some since I put a model together .Looking forward to this build. My contribution for this will be a Staghound Mk I Canadian Conversion with 60lb rockets. The unit will be the 12th Manitoba Dragoons, II Canadian Corps Armoured Car Regiment, Belgium, Winter 1944.
Zaltar
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Monday, December 07, 2009 - 02:56 PM UTC
@JAFMA: Welcome to the campaign, I hope you have fun!

@NebLWeffah: I actually just read your article in Scale Military Modelling International about the LAV III, and I must say, you have some serious modelling skills! Should I be frightened that I'm building the same tank as you for the entry? Anyways, it was a great article!

zaltar
horsegunner
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 347 posts
Armorama: 47 posts
Posted: Monday, December 07, 2009 - 03:36 PM UTC
You can possibly count me in, quite probably a soft skin like an M38A1 in UN white, let's say Cyprus 1981 or so. I just have to figure out how to post my images.

Art