_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
One entry for multiple campaigns?
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 02:20 PM UTC
Is it possible to enter one entry into many campaigns? Has this been done before?

For example...one 4X4 M151A2 TOW jeep could enter into the:

* "Get the Job Done"
* "Special Forces"
* Tank Killers"
* "Cold War"
* and "Mighty Wheels"

campaigns.

I'm not saying that I am going to, just curious as to if anyone ever did without getting flamed. I know most modelers may consider this cheating or unfair play---or does anyone care?
MSGsummit
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 545 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 02:40 PM UTC
I believe that is a an un-written rule that the modeller enters a different model per campaign. That being said, I wouldn't doubt that somebody has entered the same model for multiple campaigns. In my opinion, it should not be done....however, I don't think there is anything is wrong with completing a model for a campaign and then entering the same model in the DMOM contest in the month the model was finished.
SteveReid
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 212 posts
Armorama: 159 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 02:54 PM UTC
It has been asked before-

Once by me actually

I wanted to enter a Scratchbuilt "What-If" in two campaigns.

I do not know if it has ever been done - but everyone who answered me said-

One model- One campaign.

Steve

CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 03:38 PM UTC
The idea of the campaigns is to get people building rather than stashing, so while there is not a written rule I am aware of it is not in the spirit of the campaign.
GaryKato
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 04:26 PM UTC
Definitely not allowed unless a campaign leader makes an exception. For example, say I built an M151 Mutt for a campaign but then used it along with a lot of other kits/figures to make a diorama. I could see making the Mutt an exception, but again it's up to the campaign leader.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 04:32 PM UTC
It's always been build each model for each campaign, but I would imagine if you are building for say a "Jeep" campaign, and then there was a diorama campaign, why you couldn't use that jeep model in that diorama campaign, unless the requirements stated that everything for this "diorama campaign" needs to be specifically built for this campaign. The same I would imagine, and common sense would say would apply to a figure campaign, and that many a figure or figures have eventually ended up in a diorama campaign.

We have a new campaign coming up in dioramas, where you have to use a MiniArt Building kit. That's the requirement of THAT campaign. The building, and finishing of the Miniart Building. Vehicles are clearly stated as optional, and there is no mention of figures. So there would be no problem using a vehicle in it that was already built for a previous or being built for another campaign and added to this one, as the focus of the "Miniart Building Campaign" is on building the Vacformed building kits, not building the vehicle. The focus of the other campaign is building the vehicle. There is also a figure painting campaign starting. The focus of that campaign is on building and painting at least 2 figures. There is nothing saying these figures can not be used in a future diorama, so again common sense would say these would be allowed in the campaign that is focusing strictly on building a Vacformed building, or another diorama campaign, unless that campaign states only figures built for this campaign allowed.

As for the "get the job done" Campaign --- it's focus was to get some of those "i didn't finish this in time for it's original campaign" items finished, and I don't see a problem using that piece in the "Miniart Building Campaign" as it would just be "some filler, not the focus of the campaign"

I think all the campaigns have a specific focus that needs to be met to earn the ribbon.
I also believe most campaigns say the item needs to be started on and finished by certain dates, and that photos for that campaign need to uploaded to each campaign gallery, I believe they use to say that the model had to be built for "THIS" campaign, perhaps something that needs to be mentioned again in the requirements and regulations.

This isn't the first time this question has come up, and we all realize that many of the campaigns do cross over in subject matter. Build a "jeep", slap MP on it, throw a bazooka in it and you can enter it in several campaigns, but the question remains and it will always come up as "what campaign did you actually build it for?"

Again a single vehicle is still a single vehicle built for one campaign. If it and figures eventually finish life in a diorama campaign depends on how the regulations and requirements for that diorama campaign are worded.

Just my 2 cents on the matter, and often asked question.
I hope you don't loose focus of the whole idea of the campaigns. It's to have fun, build more models, exchange ideas, and help each other improve skills, and get to know each other better. NOT JUST TO WIN OR GET A RIBBON!
joryyys
Visit this Community
Ain, France
KitMaker: 64 posts
Armorama: 57 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 09:53 PM UTC
Take a look at Ron's diorama for "Mighty-88" campaign. It will answer a lot of questions.

For me, using one model for some campaigns is dishonorable. I'm not saying you can build one model for a lot of campaigns, but I'm not saying you can't. The chioce is yours.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 08:20 AM UTC
Thanks for the answers, guys.
 _GOTOTOP