_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Jagdpanther Diorama
Rampenfest
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 188 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 10:47 AM UTC
Hello all,

Here is my diorma featuring my Tamiya 1/48th Jagdpanther. I was going for a muddy/lowlands type area. All tips/pointers/comments welcome and appreciated. Thanks

-Joe

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
[IMG=http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5143/img9098x.jpg][/IMG]

ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 11:09 AM UTC
Joe, nice camo job, what did you use for the mud and ground cover? You might want to brake out the red paint and touch up the numbers a bit. I know that putting the decals over the homemade zim is difficult but they look like they could use tad of touch up. Nice job overall
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 11:43 AM UTC
Hi,
A Very Nice job on both the vehicle and groundwork, I would also like to know what you used for the groundwork. Cool Dio, milvehfan
Rampenfest
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 188 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 12:08 PM UTC
Thanks guys. Sal, the reason why the numbers look like they could use a touch up is because I attempted to make the numbers look "worn" or like the paint chipped off. This was because the decal didn't set at all and it was so easy to tell taht there was a film there. So, I chipped at it. Haha. I'm glad you noticed though. And Milvehfan, the groundwork is that dried up moss one can buy at a florists shop or a place like Micheal's (are there Micheal's on the east coast?) What I did is I took a clump put it between both my palms, and rubbed them together to "grind" down the moss. I was very happy with the results it gives for groundwork. Enjoy, and thank you.

-Joe

Oh I forgot, for the mud I used Woodland Scenics Realistic Water mixed with dirt from my own backyard. I just kept adding each ingredient until I got the amount/consitency I desired. The dead trees are from my local hobbyshop and the smal shrubs are part of a "realistic foliage" kit from my hobby shop as well.
 _GOTOTOP