_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
i like constructive feedback because...
rebelsoldier
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,336 posts
Armorama: 757 posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 - 06:12 AM UTC
i can skim all the threads and find something about what i happen to be working on, and invaiably i find something to help me, and i learn from it. i feel this feedback has helped me to become a better modler/builder/researcher.

thanks for the threads!

reb
naslrogues
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 - 08:25 AM UTC
I agree completely!
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Armorama: 1,143 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 01:31 AM UTC
That's exactly how I feel as well. I've put my very 1st armor build here for constructive feedback even though it was a 100% OOB build. I got plenty of great feedback from modeling errors, to how to do things better, to things I did completely wrong, and had no idea they were wrong until the guys here pointed them out and how to correct them. And just as importantly I got plenty of "great job", looks great, etc. So it's way more then a one way street.

Armorama is a great site with top rated builders who are more then willing to share. My main reason for joining rather then continue to be a lurker is to learn 1st hand from my modeling, especially from my mistakes. Not once did anyone ever take a cheap shot at sometime I did wrong. With one to one feedback like this, everyone should take advantage of the learning experience.

Thanks guys for all the constructive help, and making a newbie feel so welcome.
richardw
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 34 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2011 - 10:10 AM UTC
Not once did anyone ever take a cheap shot at sometime I did wrong. With one to one feedback like this, everyone should take advantage of the learning experience.

Hi Joel.
I.M.H.O. Anyone who takes a cheap shot at someones work deserves zero respect. "Costructive Feedback" is just that. Constructive.
We're all here to try to help eachother with the hobby, and long may that continue.
johnlinford
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 203 posts
Armorama: 195 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2011 - 10:13 AM UTC
Word up
sfctur1
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 643 posts
Armorama: 497 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2011 - 02:25 PM UTC
I feel the same everything I have posted the ideas and comments have always been helpful. With every post you read and follow the better modeler you become.
Tom
rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,696 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 04:13 AM UTC
Exactly. I've had a few things suggested to me on this forum that really helped, both to improve the subject in the post and technique in general.
armouredcharmer
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 670 posts
Armorama: 410 posts
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2011 - 08:56 PM UTC
Me too - I`ve never read a negative comment the whole time i`ve been a member on the site.It just gets better when someone posts a "how-to" thread on here - "Reading The Seams" helped my aircraft builds no end and some of the techniques have even crossed over to my armour modelling.
 _GOTOTOP