_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
WIP Tamiya Sd.Kfz.222
naslrogues
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 10:37 AM UTC
Below are some photos of My almost completed Tamiya Sd.Kfz.222. It is OOB and is my first armor build in a long time. Personally I think it is a bit amateurish looking. I must be patient.
Thanks!
Andy

Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 01:45 AM UTC
It looks pretty good,I like the tires and the MG,perhaps tone the muffler down by dry brushing some metal or adding soot,maybe you could try chipping along the wear areas,but each one you do will get better.Check out the forums and you will learn lotsa techniques.
Belt_Fed
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,388 posts
Armorama: 1,325 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 02:25 AM UTC
Amaturish no; old school yep. In the future I would add more variation to the base color. Good work!
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 01:52 PM UTC
Right, it's just a earlier style. You can add some Panzer grey chipping (just a Tiny bit) over a couple of the drybrush highlights. Hell, throw some Mig pigments on the tires and you're up to speed. Nice clean build
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Armorama: 1,143 posts
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 - 01:04 AM UTC
Andy, looks pretty good to me. A little more variation in base color, and a little less of perfect color variation on all the corners, and you're there. Tires and wheels cover looks outstanding.

Nothing wrong with clean, & neat. Not every model has to be beaten into the ground. I like to use the term used but not abused.
allycat
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 942 posts
Armorama: 571 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 10:39 AM UTC
Andy,
A very good build!
As some have commented below not amateurish but old school.
Perhaps a dark wash along the line where the jerry can slots under it's holder and the shadow under box lids etc.to imply that these areas are not all one part and check that the width indicators are fixed at the right angle (they look too far forward. I've always thought that they extended up from the particular attachment surface at 90 degrees).
If you want to tone down the exhausts a bit try getting a soft lead pencil, rub it over some abrasive paper to get some graphite 'dust' and scrub some, sparingly, over the red/brown exhausts with a stiff, cut down brush. I think it creates a good metallic/rust effect.
Tom
 _GOTOTOP