_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
My M88A2 build
heliman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 604 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 12:52 PM UTC
I 'm finishing up my AFV CLUB M88 build w/ the Legends A2 conversion. This was my 1st attempt at a multimedia kit....and wont be my last!! I portrayed an M88A2 from Astan, since I chose to model the O-GPK gunners shield. I used the RB ugrade for the 50 cal, only time the mag glasses came out!!

any feedback welcome & appreciated.. on w/ the pics...!

Thanks for looking
Jeff
heliman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 12:58 PM UTC
I forgot one of the business end...I added some reflective foil for the periscopes to model the anti- laser coating. Also a few small chains from the wifes stash was added to the smoke dischargers.

Jeff
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 01:11 PM UTC
Very nice Jeff I have got to do a review build of this kit and Legend upgrade and I hope it turns out as well as yours. Any tips to pass along?
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 953 posts
Armorama: 705 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 01:39 PM UTC
It's great Jeff.....Well done.....
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 02:06 PM UTC
Nice job on the weathering. I have built an M32 ARV in the past, but the boom on yours looks to be about double the M32's.
heliman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 02:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Very nice Jeff I have got to do a review build of this kit and Legend upgrade and I hope it turns out as well as yours. Any tips to pass along?

Thanks cmot!! The kit really falls together well. mine was trouble were the rear plate met the hull..it was warped. I tried the hot water trick, but it kept popping . ended up adding putty. The weakest point of the whole build....the point the resin boom meets the plastic.kit. I drilled a tiny hole, and added a piece of wire for strength. really tightened things up, and Jeffproof!!!

heliman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 02:29 PM UTC
I'm dying to try the AA Craav kit now...anyone built it?
Firecap4
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 309 posts
Armorama: 288 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 02:46 PM UTC
That looks fantastic, Jeff; I get to see quite a few of these redeploying through our port, so I would like to build one myself one day; have the base kit, just need to order the Legends conversion. One thing I have a question on (and I'm basing this on memory, so I could be wrong), but it seems like the ones I've had the chance to examine didn't have an anti-laser coating on the periscopes, but rather had a slight greenish tint to them....not a big deal, and certainly not to take away from a job well done.
heliman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 09:52 AM UTC
Chuck- 1st of all thanks for the great comments, it makes the build worth it! I was uncertain on the scopes, some pics from prime portal looked violet, and some had the greenish tint. I was trying a new technique w/ the foil, so it won out...

I need to pass along a HUGE thank you to Frenchy and 18 Bravo for the pics they sent along...w/o their photo's this would still be in the box!

Jeff
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Armorama: 1,143 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 11:15 AM UTC
Just an outstanding build and conversion. It's hard to believe it's your 1st effort.
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,264 posts
Armorama: 1,763 posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 - 02:50 AM UTC
A darn fine effort by you. It is an amazing build. Love the details.
Firecap4
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 309 posts
Armorama: 288 posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 - 01:32 PM UTC
Jeff, what paint did you use for the tan?
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Armorama: 1,498 posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 - 03:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

CALLSIGN:heliman

Thanks cmot!! The kit really falls together well. mine was trouble were the rear plate met the hull..it was warped. I tried the hot water trick, but it kept popping . ended up adding putty. The weakest point of the whole build....the point the resin boom meets the plastic.kit. I drilled a tiny hole, and added a piece of wire for strength. really tightened things up, and Jeffproof!!!

good to know. I have this conversion kit but have nor started this project yet. Thanks for sharing pictures of your outstanding build

heliman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 07:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jeff, what paint did you use for the tan?

The base is MM us army/ marines sand, lightened w/ a couple of drops of sand . I highlighted the edges of the hull w/ thinned sand , also enamel. I used a wash of W/N oils to accent the fantastic details the kit provides!

heliman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 07:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

CALLSIGN:heliman

good to know. I have this conversion kit but have nor started this project yet. Thanks for sharing pictures of your outstanding build

Thanks ! You'll like the kit. I was really surprised how much kit detail is removed under the armor plates.....my dremel was busy!!
When ya start yours..watch the fit of the rear plate. The area the exhaust louvers are. the parts were a bugger to stay glued..right where my spare road wheels hang! send me a pm if ya have any ? 's
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 07:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I need to pass along a HUGE thank you to Frenchy and 18 Bravo for the pics they sent along...w/o their photo's this would still be in the box!

You're welcome Jeff ! Looks like you've made good use of them

Frenchy
tambo
Visit this Community
Bologna, Italy
KitMaker: 28 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 08:42 AM UTC
nice work!!
tambo
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Armorama: 1,498 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2011 - 04:00 PM UTC
oh yeah, I didn't think of the details that have to be removed. Yes, If I have any ?'s which I'm sure I will, I'll get back at you

Thanks

_GOTOTOP