_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
M1114, Bronco 1/35
Dimitar
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
KitMaker: 414 posts
Armorama: 287 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 10:53 AM UTC
Hi, folks, first post here, I hope to find some new friends and most of all feedback on my builds.
First one is M1114, mostly an OOB build, just added BFT antennae from Legend update set.
Painted with Vallejo acrylics, weathered with AK and MIG products.
Any comment will be appreciated.

Hope I did well with pics upload...

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 02:04 PM UTC
Very nice. Looks the part with your weathering. I have a couple of questions. First, why did you remove the door completely instead of leaving it open? And, what is on the bottom of the door frame that looks like putty?
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 12:08 AM UTC
Looks pretty good. The only issue I have is with the windows. They should be much cleaner. It can't be driven as is since the driver can't see out of them. If you can't see out, you can't see threats. Also, the first job of the driver at a stop for more than 5 minutes is to get out and clean the windows.
Dimitar
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 12:57 AM UTC
Hi, guys, thank you for your replays.
None of the doors is glued, as I don't know what will happen next with this model in terms will it be a part of diorama, will I add crew figures, etc. The door was removed just for the photo session. About the white thing - it's just UHU tak or Patafix (same thing, different trade marks), I'm using it to keep the doors in place to prevent dust from getting into the mode... Besides the one from the iraqi desert.
About the windows... Frankly, it was not an intended effect. That's what's left after removing Mr. Masking Sol. Don't have any idea why that happened. For now it's like that, my only idea is to try to polish those windows with some polishing compound and Alclad's polishing cloths. Any other ideas are welcomed.
markchis
Visit this Community
Kuwait / لعربية
KitMaker: 467 posts
Armorama: 392 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 09:56 PM UTC
Dimitar,
I like your build a lot ! It is really well done in terms of construction, paint and weathering! You must be very proud. I was going to suggest to try and use - pencil eraser to remove the masking sol. But it looks like something in the sol (solvent?) has actually fogged the windows. I would go with using the fine and super fine sanding sticks and micro mesh to polish it up.iF YOU CANT GET IT CLEAR - How about masking out the area of the wipers and actually making it more dusty?
hope all is ok - and it is solved

regards
Mark
windysean
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
Armorama: 735 posts
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2011 - 02:48 AM UTC
I like that a lot! I hope to build that kit someday, and I'll try to make mine as good as yours.
thanks for posting and for the discussion on your techniques and diorama thoughts.
-Sean H.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2011 - 05:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks pretty good. The only issue I have is with the windows. They should be much cleaner. It can't be driven as is since the driver can't see out of them. If you can't see out, you can't see threats. Also, the first job of the driver at a stop for more than 5 minutes is to get out and clean the windows.

Wow, folks actually read what I post. Been saying that since at least '05.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/62073&page=1&ord=1

I guess I missed your original post.
What I really dig about your build is the small details. The "feed" painted on the ammo cans, for example. The ones for my gun were similarly painted. I also like the way you left off the turret hatch.
Very nice build.
Dimitar
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 03:05 AM UTC
Thank you once again guys. Robert, I labeled the ammo boxes accord to a photo found here, in Armorama DGs. It's very possible that I was fallowing your lead.
Mark, I haven't done anything for the fogged windows yet, but the time is near... At least I hope it is. The idea of more drastic dusting is very nice if I totally mess up the other options.
Sean, the dio ideas are still ideas as I don't have the guts to start painting those digital camos on the MB Checkpoint figures...
That's all for now, thank you and stay tuned for some updates sooner or later...
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 2,605 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 12:45 PM UTC
Dimitar,

Good work on your HMMWV. Others have have made good comments.

There are a couple of websites available that are convenient sources for HMMWV photos and information.

First is Kuba's great website: http://www.humvee-models.com/

Second is another website http://www.hmmwvinscale.com

Again...good job!
Dimitar
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 07:52 AM UTC
So, after an accident with this model it's time to be updated.
Аs part of this update I'm planing to add this device. I thinks it's some pre-RHINO antennae. Could you help me with some closeups and dimensions?

5-10-5
Dimitar
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 03:05 AM UTC
Slightly moving forward - hood + armored glasses for cupola + IED jammer:

IMAG0695

IMAG0696

Next thing to do is glue the glasses to the cupola.
Dimitar
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 02:12 AM UTC

IMAG0706

IMAG0704

So far so good. There's still a lot of work on the cupola and the IED jamming antenna on the back.
Dimitar
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2016 - 04:51 PM UTC
I count this one as finished:

IMG_1098 by Dimitar Dt, on Flickr

Color is not quite right but when it was painted I didn't have any options, other than mixing colors. And this is the result. Way to yellow, the direct 6000K light bulbs and post processing could have something with it.
Comments welcomed as always.
hellvetier
Visit this Community
Bern, Switzerland
KitMaker: 264 posts
Armorama: 156 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 03:46 AM UTC
!!! Very nice !!! Makes me want to build one too!!!
Dimitar
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 01:27 PM UTC
You're very kind! Thank you!
kubisz
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Slaskie, Poland
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 977 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 02:53 PM UTC
Maybe some elements are in a little bit strange colour (front grill, Ibis Tek bumper), engine hood clamps are glued too high (they don't contact a vehicle body), but generally - I like it very much Very fine painting and weathering.
Dimitar
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 04:21 PM UTC
Thank you for your words!
Now on your comments - you're absolutlely right about the claps, it is something overlooked by me to this very moment. Thanks! As a side note - I have to see what I can do about it - if I can rearange them it'll be nice, if not - I'll leave them like this.
The front grill and Ibis tek - I have to check my reference photos as I think it was a real world vehicle and not my assumption for spare parts. I'll be back later as they are on my home PC.
Thank you again, your help is apreciated.
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 11:32 PM UTC
Nice built. I like the weathering.

Strange equipment on the front of the vehicle. Never seen that before. Perhaps it's a wire cutter ?

You don't add the "interim FRAG 5" armor ?

Voyager Models has a set of it:

kubisz
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Slaskie, Poland
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 977 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 11:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Strange equipment on the front of the vehicle. Never seen that before. Perhaps it's a wire cutter ?

Yes, it's a wire cutter, but first of all it's a predecessor of the anti-IED Rhino. In small green box (ammo case) there was a field-made device inserted.
Dimitar
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 02:48 PM UTC
Yes, you're right, it's the Rino forefather.
I wanted to use the Interim FRAG-5 kit, but it was out of stock and now I think it's OOP. I still have some hope left, but wait and see I guess.
Kuba, regarding the nose and Ibis Tek color. I didn't locate that picture I was refering to. Instead I find decals for it: http://www.echelonfd.com/firstfrontier/D356182.htm
Mine is missing the insignia, but it is not too late to add it ate some point.
andromeda673
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 525 posts
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2016 - 09:42 AM UTC
hell yeah man! nice job, and I think you nailed it! You should be proud, that one turned out great.
Dimitar
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 12:41 PM UTC
Thank you! You know... The more I look those pictures, the more I like the results. Anyway, I think that after a show or two I'll convert it to Iraqi security forces vehicle.
 _GOTOTOP