Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Tank Destroyer/SPG Campaign
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 04:33 AM UTC
Wow, great build, Christopher. The weathering is perfect and it ties in great with the diorama.

Poitras, that is one evil tank hunter. I do not want to turn tight corners in the city with that thing On the other hand that gun looks like it would have serious penetrating power.

Nice build, Gary. The weathering is a good start for some of the improvements and ideas you have.
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,716 posts
Armorama: 1,638 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 11:41 PM UTC
Hey ya guys ,, I've been watching and enjoying the great work thats been going on in here .. great work from everybody so far and now after going utterly nuts with getting other things sorted i have finally had the time to finish mine and it turned out pretty good ,,there's one big problem with this kit tho ..its so damn big its hard to take a close up pic of the entire thing in one hit ..so here;s quite a few for ya all to look at
Here's the commander ,,

Now for the rest of this hulk ..

That the beast done and i'll shove a pic in the gallery soon ,,now i can sit back and watch the rest of the wonderful models in here being built
Next to attack my STuG for Jeff's STuG campaign,,been wanting to really get into that..the time is now ..

Phill
iakarch
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 459 posts
Armorama: 421 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 07:11 AM UTC
I'm going to be building the Tamiya Marder III Sd.Kdz. 139

ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 08:00 AM UTC
Phill that monster is a beast great job, it looks outstanding
It has inspired me to make a deal for a Dragon E-100 S
SHAKY962
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 765 posts
Armorama: 438 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 09:04 AM UTC
Amazing work Phill!!!!!!!!!
Superb!!!!!!!!!!!!
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 09:52 AM UTC
Sal ,, Jose ,, Thanks heaps guys for the kind comments ,,It turned out better than i thought it would so as you can guess i am pretty chuffed at the results .

Irvin ,, Nice choice dude .. that Marder has been my fav version now for quite some time ..so looking forward to this one being built

Phill
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 10:13 AM UTC
Really nice Phill! Awesome in fact.

Now that I have finished my Emil for the Blitz Campaign (pictures later) I can now go back to my le.FH18/40/2(sf) auf G.W.Pz.Kpfw.III/IV for Phills Campaign and then my StuG for MY Campaign!

Am I starting to see the light of day? Nope... the Tank Transporter starts in October and then my JEEP Campaign starts in November (and that is a 6 monther) so I must finish these 2 very quickly!

~ Jeff
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 10:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

@Matt. Love the demag and Pak 38, have the kit to build. Is this oob or did you have the dragon pe set? Any thing I should watch out for when I build mine?

As I mentioned, the only issue was the fit of the passenger's rear quarter panel. Be careful when assembling the gun, make sure to line up the plate in sandwiched between the two larger ones before you glue it together. Also, the rods holding the armor plates on are very finicky. Test fit and install these before the rest of the detail on the gun. I should be adding the road wheels soon and will let you know how the link and length tracks fit. I'm really having a lot of fun with this kit and will be attempting my first vignette in several years. Also, you can either paint the dash by hand after installation or airbrush it before assembly(which I didn't have the foresight to realize. Also, you may want to add an engine and leave the armor off of the hood and windscreen. I've spent several enjoyable hours weathering and am sure to have a few more before I am satisfied.
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 06:19 PM UTC
Lots of great builds going on here!!

Phil: very nicely done. I really like the muzzle brake. It looks awesome.

Not sure if I'm going to be able to start my entry. Lots going on here, but we'll see.

Happy Modeling, -zon
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 02:33 PM UTC
Jeff ,,Zon .. Thank you guys for your kind words i will try not to let that go to my head but i aint promising a damn thing
It sure looks good on the shelf with all of its same size brothers ,,now i got 3 E100's ,a Maus and that huge ass artillery mover ,,need more

Phill
jkb_sprint
Visit this Community
Thessaloniki, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 402 posts
Armorama: 394 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 06:21 PM UTC
@ Phill that thing is a beast even in 1/35th scale! Nice work. I really like the camo on the uniforms. I wish i could pint like that.
@ Matt that Demag looks very nice! Nice camo.
@ Christopher that really looks good!
@ Gary A. Nice work on the Jt.
@ Matt Smith That is one clean job there. Waiting to see that Stug painted.
@ J. Poitras that scratch work is great! You got me drooling and thinking...
@ Ian cool subject.
@ Lap man good work. Waiting to see it painted.

Really nice work guys. Sorry if i forgot anyone.
robw_uk
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,224 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 09:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

@Matt. Love the demag and Pak 38, have the kit to build. Is this oob or did you have the dragon pe set? Any thing I should watch out for when I build mine?

As I mentioned, the only issue was the fit of the passenger's rear quarter panel. Be careful when assembling the gun, make sure to line up the plate in sandwiched between the two larger ones before you glue it together. Also, the rods holding the armor plates on are very finicky. Test fit and install these before the rest of the detail on the gun. I should be adding the road wheels soon and will let you know how the link and length tracks fit. I'm really having a lot of fun with this kit and will be attempting my first vignette in several years. Also, you can either paint the dash by hand after installation or airbrush it before assembly(which I didn't have the foresight to realize. Also, you may want to add an engine and leave the armor off of the hood and windscreen. I've spent several enjoyable hours weathering and am sure to have a few more before I am satisfied.

cheers Matt, i was lucky enough to get the eduard PE set for this kit when i bought it so will have to be very careful when building. considered an engine (and replacement wheels) but will need to see what is available. considering covering the gun (so like winter protection) but will be removable or folded in such a way as to give a view of the gun...
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 07:45 AM UTC
A few updates.

I'm not real happy with how the seats turned out. They may have another appointment with the brush.
Phill: nice job on the uniform. I've done similar and know how rewarding it is to finally sit back and look at what you have a achieved. Do you plan on adding any filters or washes? The kit is done quite nicely.
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 08:24 PM UTC
Matt ... Thanks mate .. its been ages since i painted a uniform of any kind and your dead right ..i was pretty happy with the result .
I will get around to doing but to be honest i don't know when .. i will be doing it tho on the two i am building that are going with my STuG .
Their clothes only one colour so i will be doing that to bring some life into them .

Phill
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Friday, October 05, 2012 - 07:48 AM UTC
Wow!! What a beast, Phill. It is a Jogdpanther on steroids
Canadiandiesel
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 10 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Friday, October 05, 2012 - 02:45 PM UTC
seems im starting a tad late into this campaign, but its not over till december,

i got a m55 howitzer i just started building, from the renwal kit (the orgional renwal not the one dones by revell apparently)

if i figure out how to do pictures i will upload my progress,
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 02:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

seems im starting a tad late into this campaign, but its not over till december,

i got a m55 howitzer i just started building, from the renwal kit (the orgional renwal not the one dones by revell apparently)

Oh, that will be a good one!

Gotta go to the LHS for some special paint and see if they will order a certain carbon fiber piece so no build pics to date but will return to the bench soon.

I'm also starting a Duel T34 build... in 1/16 and RC as well. It will include as much of an interior as possible as I have both versions of the Trumpeter 1/16 kits AND the WSN RC T34's.

It's gonna be a busy fall/winter for sure.

~ Jeff
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 2,605 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 05:09 AM UTC
Here is what I have done on my M966 TOW Missile Carrier

I have a detailed build log here:

M966 TOW Carrier Build Log
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 10:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That is covered in the campaign tutorial.

Armorama Campaign Tutorial
corsair924
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 403 posts
Armorama: 322 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 10:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Poitras, that is one evil tank hunter. I do not want to turn tight corners in the city with that thing On the other hand that gun looks like it would have serious penetrating power.

Yep Jesper my boy isn't a street fighter, it's a sniper, reach out and touch someone
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 02:51 PM UTC
Guys i need some help here .. Where the hell is the link for the campaign galley for this campaign ? ,, I cant find the bugger at all

Help here please !!!!

Phill
Dragon164
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,909 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 03:47 PM UTC
Geez Phil, and your running this campaign.

https://gallery.kitmaker.net/showgallery.php/cat/27658

found it on page 11

Cheers Rob.
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 05:40 PM UTC
Rod ... been a long bloody day man ...very long day and its still no way close to over yet ,,if i'm like this now what the hell am i going to be like when i go to bed

Phill
SaxonTheShiba
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,233 posts
Armorama: 557 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 06:02 PM UTC
Phill, sounds like you need a shot of some Longmorn or some Basil Hayden's.
Hope your day gets better.

Regards, Ian

Quoted Text

Rod ... been a long bloody day man ...very long day and its still no way close to over yet ,,if i'm like this now what the hell am i going to be like when i go to bed

Phill

TheDiggs
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 338 posts
Armorama: 75 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 03:27 AM UTC
I got started on my 1/72 Trumpeter Jagdpanther a few weeks ago. I forgot to post my starting picture so here it is:

I now have the base coat mostly applied to all of the parts. This kit is really straight forward and I have to say that I am impressed. I have built a couple of Trumpeter ships that those kits were crap. This tank kit is really good. I like the detail and the parts are really clean. The tank's back plate was a little too tall and had to be sanded a little bit but other than that this kit has been really easy. We’ll see how well the wheels fit on their axels next weekend.