_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M4A3 (76)W (Premium edition from Dragon) 1/35
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
KitMaker: 209 posts
Armorama: 205 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 07:44 AM UTC
Hello!
The model I will do so for this diorama: http://armorama.com/forums/189741&page=1

I just finished collecting the model.
Not to say that Dragon allowed me to relax and unwind … And had to hide, and putty, and even pull out wire bins …
This set is an old model, three new gate … At last all the parts are made very well .. handles like a pen, etc.
But everything else … .. full of simplifications
On most of the inaccuracies I have decided to close my eyes, but here are some items had to be replaced (wire pens), and some parts just had to make from scratch … (fencing for headlamps in the set is only for baiting two front headlights .. then while this modification to their already five …)
In general the Chinese reacted to put it mildly, “slack” to complete this set … With a little bit disappointed …
The tank is very attracted his eye awkwardness …

Antenna input had to be done from scratch, as it generally is not in the set … Also added a strap on a tool cart for trash back to the grind of a larger thickness, added to the tower rail, part of grousers cut and burned at the ends of the truck holes, some added where the welds.

A few months later (there was little free time), I resumed work on the model.
Since that time he had purchased a set of body kit by Legend (most wonderful product).

During the fitting body kit parts had to dismantle some of the previously installed plastic counterparts, so that the resin kit stood close to the body.
When all was done went to the model copes with subsequent drying, and then a primer in the shop ...

And further more ... nothing new! Everything, as always ....

The base color, gradient color separate panels, the color of individual elements, etc.

However this time I decided to try a version of the contrast modulation.

Was covered with paint and decals translated ...

These photos just did 10 minutes ago in artificial light, the colors came out a little bit brighter.

So far, so ...
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 08:08 AM UTC
Wow! You're doing a really great job with this kit. Excellent paintwork too. It will look very well on the Diorama. Any figures picked out yet?
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 08:11 AM UTC
The details you have added are just subtle enough to turn a blind eye to those you didn't. Would you recommend Tamiya primer? It seems to have applied nicely. The color modulation is great! This is how I used to paint my builds; modulation after topcoat. The antennae mount is a true work of art.
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 1,656 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 10:19 PM UTC
Kirill, nice work on the Shermie! Looking forward to how the weathering ties it all together.

Cheers!
Stefan
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2012 - 01:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The details you have added are just subtle enough to turn a blind eye to those you didn't.

Matt what details didn't he add?
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2012 - 03:10 AM UTC
He did not drill out the holes in the machine gun or add an am barrel.
ProfessorP
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 339 posts
Armorama: 325 posts
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2012 - 04:07 AM UTC
Kirill,

As someone who is building this same kit, I find your results fantastic! It's interesting to see someone else's efforts on this kit, especially with some of the model's recognized shortcomings. Your antenna mount is really inspiring for my next attempt but I have chosen to go with the Formations version on mine for this build.

Of particular interest is your "contrast modulation" technique. I have never seen this done before and I must say, it adds a new level of interest to the model. Can't wait to see how it looks after weathering.

Keep up the good work and lets see some more of this!

Cheers.

Don
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2012 - 05:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

He did not drill out the holes in the machine gun

I'll take your word for it my eyes are not that good

Quoted Text

or add an am barrel

That's not an ommission it's a choice
Nahuel19431
Visit this Community
Chubut, Argentina
KitMaker: 593 posts
Armorama: 548 posts
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2012 - 05:22 AM UTC
Good job, This Sherman looks very good. I follow yours advances.

Omar
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 01:58 PM UTC
What I was attempting to imply is that he didn't leave out any details. But, yes; the gun has not been drilled. Excellent work!
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 09:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow! You're doing a really great job with this kit. Excellent paintwork too. It will look very well on the Diorama. Any figures picked out yet?

Thank you for the evaluation of the work! Figures for diorama I've already bought it firm Alpine, 5.45, and Dragon.

Quoted Text

The details you have added are just subtle enough to turn a blind eye to those you didn't. Would you recommend Tamiya primer? It seems to have applied nicely. The color modulation is great! This is how I used to paint my builds; modulation after topcoat. The antennae mount is a true work of art.

Thank you for your comment! Tamiya primer on a very good product. Personally, I use them only.

Quoted Text

Kirill, nice work on the Shermie! Looking forward to how the weathering ties it all together.

Cheers!
Stefan

Thank you for your rating, Stefan!
I also really want to see the result as soon as possible after weathering.

Quoted Text

Kirill,

As someone who is building this same kit, I find your results fantastic! It's interesting to see someone else's efforts on this kit, especially with some of the model's recognized shortcomings. Your antenna mount is really inspiring for my next attempt but I have chosen to go with the Formations version on mine for this build.

Of particular interest is your "contrast modulation" technique. I have never seen this done before and I must say, it adds a new level of interest to the model. Can't wait to see how it looks after weathering.

Keep up the good work and lets see some more of this!

Cheers.

Don

Don,
I would love to look at your work. You are right, watch as someone builds analgichny project is very interesting! All of this allows us to learn from each other new methods and technologies.
Technique of color in the style of the modulation is quite old and has already widely known. To be honest I was very surprised. What you see is the first time. But, as we say in Russia: "Better late than never =)"

Quoted Text

Good job, This Sherman looks very good. I follow yours advances.

Omar

I am very pleased that you follow my work! I hope not to disappoint, and more!

Quoted Text

What I was attempting to imply is that he didn't leave out any details. But, yes; the gun has not been drilled. Excellent work!

Continue.
A pair of filters. Fading and wash. Wash turned a little harsh, but I think it fade after a light layer of dust.

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 09:04 AM UTC
The paint is a master piece, so far. From what I've seen, I expect the weathering will turn out perfectly.
ProfessorP
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 339 posts
Armorama: 325 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 10:02 AM UTC
Yes, indeed! Color is really stunning after the washes!

Kiril, I am familiar with the color modulation technique and plan to try it on mine as well which you can see here.

What I have not seen before is what you referred to as "contrast modulation" which I assume means using different tones of the same color (bluish-green, brownish-green, etc.) not just different shades (lighter or darker) of the base color). A very different solution in my opinion and one that has turned out quite well after washes. Weathering should make it even more interesting.

4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2012 - 08:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The paint is a master piece, so far. From what I've seen, I expect the weathering will turn out perfectly.

Thank you for rating Matt!
I would not hurry to call this work a master class. Correct to call it an experiment similar to the contrasting colors I have not done, but I hope to get an interesting option.

Quoted Text

Yes, indeed! Color is really stunning after the washes!

Kiril, I am familiar with the color modulation technique and plan to try it on mine as well which you can see here.

What I have not seen before is what you referred to as "contrast modulation" which I assume means using different tones of the same color (bluish-green, brownish-green, etc.) not just different shades (lighter or darker) of the base color). A very different solution in my opinion and one that has turned out quite well after washes. Weathering should make it even more interesting.

I also liked the shade recieved at least it is very close to what I was planning to get.
In principle, you have correctly understood my technique.
I usually make the color transitions smoother, but this time decided to make more and more aggressive. Also for the sake of experiment, I decided to try to paint individual elements slightly different colors. All of this I decided to designate as "contrast modulation." I love to experiment with color and on each model try something new for yourself. Yes, I hope that after weathering will be an interesting result, but I do not expect that everyone will like it. In general, time will tell ...
Captin_Caveman_III
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,069 posts
Armorama: 1,062 posts
Posted: Friday, September 07, 2012 - 04:33 PM UTC
Ahhhhhh I have picked up some paint ideas.
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,465 posts
Armorama: 2,383 posts
Posted: Friday, September 07, 2012 - 04:51 PM UTC
Kirill, that my man, is an outstanding Sherman you hve there! Masterfully done on all accounts. Love it!!!

Gary
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 10:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ahhhhhh I have picked up some paint ideas.

Well, it's very good!

Quoted Text

Kirill, that my man, is an outstanding Sherman you hve there! Masterfully done on all accounts. Love it!!!

Gary

Gary, thank you for the high appreciation of my work, I hope to continue to succeed as much as I imagine.
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Armorama: 1,143 posts
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 - 10:32 AM UTC
Krill, just read through your build thread. It's on a level that that few will ever attain. Simply an outstanding build.

Joel
 _GOTOTOP