_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
Master Box September releases
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 - 10:38 PM UTC
Master Box has sent Armorama news of what is being released onto the market in September. Take a look inside as there are some interesting releases planned.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Bizarre
Visit this Community
Akershus, Norway
KitMaker: 1,709 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 - 11:30 PM UTC
wow, the box art for tankers is really cool, like the driver's facial expression.
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 - 12:00 AM UTC
Master Box, as much as I love 1/35 you have to do the Cavalry in 1/32 scale also......you are missing a big niche in the market as there are no other manufacturers doing multipose plastic civil war figures in either scales. Dragon started years ago with the Union infantry in 1/32 and never released their Rebels!!!! Love them and please keep the civil war figures coming. JC.
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 - 06:31 AM UTC
I'm in trouble with the other half now. Finally, the calvalry has arrived. Been waiting since they announced it back hum, when. I see a few of them charging over to my work bench now, dust on the horizon. YEHAAA! Thanks for the info Darren.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 - 09:18 AM UTC
Yes! Here come the cavalry. I'll be buying several boxes of these.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 - 09:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes! Here come the cavalry. I'll be buying several boxes of these.

Im guessing at least 2 boxes for me as well. 3 charging cavalry doesn´t look near as cool as 6 would.
I have 2 sets of the Dragon Union soldiers, and I agree its better to keep historic sets to 54mm scale, so common accesories for this era are easier to come by.
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 05:16 AM UTC
Yup, agree with you there Frank, I just ordered my 2 sets and am thinking about another too. I used up my Union infantry sets for a wall clock for my sister and wish I could find a few more now. You really need more than just 3 charging. I'm still trying to find another set of Zvesdas cossacks to finish that one, total of 10 charging cossacks out of the woods on a small base. Crowded, but the effect will be there. I plan on the 6 troopers charging over a knoll with tall prarrie grass. Hoping for the same affect with these new ones.
BigSmitty
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 597 posts
Armorama: 439 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 05:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

wow, the box art for tankers is really cool, like the driver's facial expression.

That driver's expression is either grim determination or "I shouldn't have had that third bowl of chili..."

I like the poses, either way, and yeah, new Civil War releases? Yes please, but just don't forget the other side
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 06:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yup, agree with you there Frank, I just ordered my 2 sets and am thinking about another too. I used up my Union infantry sets for a wall clock for my sister and wish I could find a few more now. You really need more than just 3 charging. I'm still trying to find another set of Zvesdas cossacks to finish that one, total of 10 charging cossacks out of the woods on a small base. Crowded, but the effect will be there. I plan on the 6 troopers charging over a knoll with tall prarrie grass. Hoping for the same affect with these new ones.

Bob the Italeri Cossacks are the same product as the Zvezda offering except there are only 2 in a pack.
jowady
KitMaker: 1,027 posts
Armorama: 683 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 03:50 PM UTC
Yay!! Union cavalry! I can't wait! 2 boxes please to start.
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 01:47 AM UTC
I have two Great-Great-Great-Uncles that fought in the 2nd Pa. Cavalry at Gettysburg. They are both listed on the Gettysburg Battlefield Pa. Memorial plaque for the 2nd. I will need to buy a couple of kits and make a fitting memorial to them. Maybe the next set will be J.E.B. Stuart's cavalry or famous Civil War generals...The options are limitless

Maybe if these kits sell fairly well...other manufacturers...who are running out of WWII ideas will start producing some of these ACW or Revolutionary, Napoleonic, or even...dare I say....WWI figure sets...and the accessories to go with them.

I think this is very good news!!!!!!

Jeff

PS: I can't wipe the smile off of my face!
clovis899
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 774 posts
Armorama: 605 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2012 - 01:03 PM UTC
Great news! Let's hope this is just the beginning of a great series of figures from MB. Then we can hope that the rest of the plastic manufacturers all jump on the band wagon; come on guys, lots of room on board!!

Cheers,
Rick
 _GOTOTOP