_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
CMD 1/35 Königstiger Conversion
BigSmitty
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 597 posts
Armorama: 439 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 12:24 PM UTC
Matt Flegal takes an in-depth look at the hard to find Chesapeake Model Design''s 1/35 Königstiger resin conversion set.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,575 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 02:24 PM UTC
Very nice molding and crisp details. I have a problem with the rear turret hatch, though. Since it's modeled on the hatch used on some "late" and "final" production vehicles, the locking mechanisms found on the inner side of the hatch are incorrect. This would be correct for the earlier hatches. The "late" version used a simple latch which rotated parallel to the hatch surface. The two round protrusions, with the countersunk holes, on the outer side make that obvious. Otherwise, it's a great set to model the proposed July 1945 modifications.

Just my two cents.
Tiger_213
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,510 posts
Armorama: 1,443 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 05:13 PM UTC
I shall have to pick this up if my re-build of my Tamiya Production turret goes to hell.
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,966 posts
Armorama: 1,635 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 03:50 AM UTC
While I think this is a well done product review it has been my understanding for a while now that CMD is no longer in business. If that truely is the case then this set is not just "hard to find" but almost impossible. If I'm wrong here someone please tell me so.

Mike
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2012 - 02:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

While I think this is a well done product review it has been my understanding for a while now that CMD is no longer in business. If that truely is the case then this set is not just "hard to find" but almost impossible. If I'm wrong here someone please tell me so.

Mike

He's still around, but not 100% of the status of producing resin items.

_GOTOTOP