_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Trumpeter IT 1 Missile Tank
bronzey
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 300 posts
Armorama: 256 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 05:32 AM UTC
Hey guys,

well this is my 3rd build and thought i would share it, it aint going to be to the same amazing level i see on here but im working on it! lol so any idea or feedback is wellcome, it is a OOB build and will be painted/weathered by paintbrush as im not lucky enough to have a airbrush.... yet lol started with the turret as i wanted to get stuck into my xmas pressie lol sorry pics will not be great, smartphones have only came so far lol enjoy guys.

(hoping i got this pic right, been a while since ive done one lol)
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,314 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 08:31 AM UTC
Hi Alex,

Looking nice & clean from what I can see & I hear you about the ohh so smart phones

Not sure what paints you are going to brush paint with but vallejo's are great & you can just thin them with a bit of water

Keep up the good work & enjoy what you do, as nice as it is to get comments from people the person you should want to impress & make the happiest the most is yourself!!

Cheers Mike
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 09:24 AM UTC
Mike,

Thank you, I feel it is a clean build, not going to lie my Tamiya Hummee got in such a mess you would think my 4 year old son had construed lol this tank has caused me to look into what it was as i have never heard of the 'IT 1', mainly as i do modern items, turns out it was a short lived idea, only a hand full built and in service for approx 2 years and they didn't even have markings on them. (bonus as im not a fan of decals!) the paint will be vallejo's, I did start with tamiya paint but moved to vallejo, find it alot more user friendly. Its a one colour job but going to use this tank to practice shading and highlighting, really looking forward to getting some time to crack on with it lol thank you for your interest.
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,314 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 11:38 AM UTC
Alex,

All the best with your build, one of the guys in my club just finished one & they are quite cool looking when all built up.

You could also try using / if you haven't already sin / ak filters which can be brushed on in very thin coats to slighty change the colour tones on different panels

Cheers Mike
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2012 - 10:40 PM UTC
hello all, and Mike,

so last night i didnt go out and took the chance to get on with my missile tank, so here is a update, getting closer to getting the tracks ready and i am not looking forward to that, as my last models was a humvee and a LAV-25, ive not had to tackle tracks yet, well i say that i have also done a 1/72 scale tank but tracks was easy on them. anyways, back to this, ive noticed that the instructions are very wrong, across 5 different pics the front of the tank changes, adding and removing parts, so ive just gone with my judgement and done what covers the holes and looks good lol may not be right but hey, i think its looking the part. all comments welcome!

bronzey
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2013 - 10:20 AM UTC
my latest progress, hoping to get the tracks finished and start spary priming it tomorrow. the wheels look strange as they are only placed there for the picture, as always all comments are welcome! thank you guys.

bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 06:40 AM UTC
hi all,

so ive taken a break from the tracks and started to do the base colour on the tank, after priming, i have done 4 coats of dark green, with help from my 5 year old son who has chicken pox and was bored at home, who seems to taken great intrest in modelling. so this is now became a father and son build. this is our progress so far.

c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 12:39 PM UTC
Looks great so far Alex & son

Nice clean build and a good breakup so far of the monotone paint. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out as I just picked one up myself!
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2013 - 06:07 AM UTC
James,

Thank you, me and Riley had good fun painting her, working on weathering soon. Admittedly I have been avoiding the tracks but determined to get them done tonight as I've ordered the Life Colour tracks painting and weathering set. I have tried to find reference pictures of this tank but there is very few online as it was such short lived idea. Also, be warned that when you do the hull, in the instructions the front of the hull changes in the pictures three or four times, in fact if you follow it to the T, you will be left with two holes in the front top part of the hull. when I get time i will do a picture explaining this more, as well there is a PE part for the exhaust plate at the side of the tank but this isn't noted in the instructions and i didn't notice until after i had painted mine so i left it how it was. A clean tidy build is my main aim on this build so im glad you noted that.

Bronzey
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 02:50 AM UTC
well,

i planned on doing the tracks, got them all glued and was about to prime them..... then got side 'tracked' to weathering and rusting and WOW, i am shocked how good its came out, ive nearly really done weathering etc before but ive spent alot of time reading about how others do it. with no real life pictures to hand of this tank, i kinda went with what i felt looked right for a tank thats been out in the big wide world and faced the harsh weather. hope you guys like what ive done, its you lot ive learnt it from so if its no good, im blaming you lot! lol

asmodeuss
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 1,389 posts
Armorama: 1,388 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 02:58 AM UTC
Very nice looking beast you got there Alex! Keep it up.
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 09:32 AM UTC
Cheers mate, can't wait to get the tracks on and get her finished now lol
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 - 05:09 AM UTC
Guys,

well given how well this model has gone, I've decided that it will now be used as my 1st dio, nothing special, just a nice base, mud track maybe but I also want a figure, this is where I come unstuck as I have NO idea what I am looking for that would go with this tank, she was a gift and way out of my normal range of models of modern western countries lol any advice would be great, as always thank you guys!

Bronzey
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 09:43 AM UTC
well shes finished, it may not be to the level of others on here, she was the 1st use of pigments, oil rusting and im very happy how its came out. All comments welcome as always, cheers guys.

bigmal
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 211 posts
Armorama: 176 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 04:22 AM UTC
Cracking build, well done.
I would like to do one of these to compare it to the one I did using the old Tamiya kit with bits from old Trumpeter T55 kits and a resin conversion the origin of which I can`t remember as it came with the T62 kit I bought and only had the instructions which are long gone.

Malc.
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 04:59 AM UTC
Malc,

Thank you for your kind words, I havnt done a huge amount of kits yet but I can say this was a very fun and enjoyable kit, it was simple and affective, only part I struggled with was the tracks but I believe that's more down to my lack of practice and not the kit its self.

Bronzey
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 11:05 AM UTC
Excellent build and finish Alex...makes me want to start mine seeing how great yours turned out. Looking forward to seeing this in your dio
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 08:31 PM UTC
Cheers James, im well happy with how its came out, the last thing to be done to it is a light dusting of dust pigments, want to wait its mounted before so that I don't rub off the pigments.

As for the dio, the plan is just a simple muddy grass area, going to use the spare tank tracks to make a 'jig' to do imprints into the ground, want something else on ir, maybe a small pile of rubbish or a discarded oil drum, dunno about that yet.

bronzey
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 11:00 AM UTC
Ok I've got a idea of what i I now, one side of the tank just a simple telegraph pole, the other a pile of rubbish, made up of a few beaten oil drums, and some parts taken from my broken unimog kit, thinking two wheels and a door, going to paint them in UN white and heavy weathered, the white parts and the oil drums (blue) are planned to give a nice colour break in what will be a very green and brown diorama.
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 02:51 AM UTC
hey guys just a little update, started getting all the bits i want together, took me 3 weeks to sorce some UN decals for the door but got some coming in the post along with the telegragh pole, this is the started work of the 'rubbish' pile that will be in the foreground of my dio. as always any comments welcome!

bronzey
Pytagoras
Visit this Community
Møre og Romsdal, Norway
Armorama: 285 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 09:30 AM UTC
Any sketches of the dio?
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 09:40 AM UTC
No, but that's not a bad idea, think I'll draw one up myself now lol
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 08:31 PM UTC
ok so had a very boring night shift and took the chance to do a drawing of what i want to create. please forgive its scruffy look, its hard to find good materals in a import/export warehouse and even harder to keep white paper clean! lol

oh and the flash on my phone took out some of the detail but its called 'The Wasteland'
Pytagoras
Visit this Community
Møre og Romsdal, Norway
Armorama: 285 posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2013 - 12:41 AM UTC
Excellent sketch.

I like the "simple" diorama that doesn't take the focus away from the tank. Good luck on the dio!
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2013 - 04:41 AM UTC
Simple was exactly what I was going for, just a real world setting that breaths abit of life to her, glad you like my little drawing, can't stand drawing wheels tho! Lol
 _GOTOTOP