_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Tamiya 1/35 Konigtiger, Ardennes Front, Comma
hummingbird
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 120 posts
Armorama: 118 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 12:42 PM UTC
I want to share my another finished kit with you guys...As you know, I'm striving to improve myself and would appreciate feedback, comments, tips and advices again ( just be gentle LOOL )

The whole story regarding this build can be found on my blog post.
http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/tamiya-135-konigtiger-ardennes-front.html
I don't want to fill the forum with so many pics. Please do have a look. Thanks in advance for any feed back you guys might have.
AgentG
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Armorama: 1,095 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 02:18 PM UTC
Looks pretty good from where I sit. Only thing though, there shouldn't be that much snow on the engine deck and no snow on the exhausts at all.

Once that 88 lets go there wouldn't be much snow on the tank at all!

G
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Armorama: 1,143 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 02:45 AM UTC
I rather like the overall finish and weathering. The snow isn't over done,and does look realistic. As Wayne said, most of it would be gone after one shot.

The only thing I would consider the next time you take pictures, is to use a soft earth tone to white back ground. The red just fights for the viewers eye.

BTW, I do like your 1st picture. Great perspective, and the perfect limited depth of field.

Joel
hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 05:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks pretty good from where I sit. Only thing though, there shouldn't be that much snow on the engine deck and no snow on the exhausts at all.

Once that 88 lets go there wouldn't be much snow on the tank at all!

G

Thank you for the feedback Wayne ... You are sooo right about the snow on the exhaust... TBH, I don't even remember how I even came to that conclusion that I should put them on like that there ...

And also noted about the engine deck ... although it's a little bit tough nut to crack for me to determine how much snow of what ( snow, mud, chipping, etc. ) should be there
hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 05:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I rather like the overall finish and weathering. The snow isn't over done,and does look realistic. As Wayne said, most of it would be gone after one shot.

The only thing I would consider the next time you take pictures, is to use a soft earth tone to white back ground. The red just fights for the viewers eye.

BTW, I do like your 1st picture. Great perspective, and the perfect limited depth of field.

Joel

Noted about the snow sir ,.. Thank you very much ... and Sorry for the red back ground.. I didn't want to use white due to the snow .. I should have used blue instead of red.. Do forgive me ....

and thank you for the comment about the 1st pic.. I like to take shots like that

Steel_Spektor
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 74 posts
Armorama: 68 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 08:59 PM UTC
I like it! I agree with the previous post regarding the red background, but personally I would like to see a bit more snow. Either way it looks great mate
Snorri23
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 514 posts
Armorama: 261 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 10:22 PM UTC
A great rendition of the Tiger II. I noticed that the cleaning rods were well rusted yet nothing else was. I did not notice any weathering as in dirt streaks and such. Good work non the less.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 09:54 AM UTC
I think that the cleaning rods are not weathered. However, I don't believe they are made of wood. Weathering is usually personal preference. I would expect to see more rust, for the presence of water and heat put off by the tank. I do like the finish, on the KT's camo.
 _GOTOTOP