_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
In progress: Finnish BT-42
crucial_H
Visit this Community
Södermanland, Sweden
KitMaker: 150 posts
Armorama: 147 posts
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 - 10:39 PM UTC
Hi! This is my first time in some years I'm posting an in progress work here. It's Tamyas (in my opinion) excellent BT-42. I've always loved this subject and I've seen it many times in person. So when it dropped I got really happy!
It's painted with Tamiya acrylics. The camouflage is hand painted without any masking since I'm not very good at that. Filters with oil paint and washes with oils also. Scratches where made with Vallejo and oils.

Next up is a coat of matt varnish and then some light work with pigments. I might make a small display based on a photo I have of this tank.

Hope you like it!
// Henrik
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 12:01 AM UTC
Now that is an interesting tank. Could you explain what method you used to paint it with Tamiya acryl?
crucial_H
Visit this Community
Södermanland, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 12:10 AM UTC
The green is painted with air brush in several different layers. The last one was a post shade mixed with little bit of white. The hand brushing was made up of very thin layers of diluted paint left to dry some time before starting over again. It takes time, but I wanted that hand brushed feeling to it since all finnish camouflage was done by hand.
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,191 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 02:38 AM UTC
Very nice job on it.
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Armorama: 1,143 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 02:44 AM UTC
Henrik, An interesting subject for sure. Don't think I've seen a model of it before.

As for your painting and weathering, it came out just fine. The hand painting while showing various color modulations, doesn't have that dreaded hobby brushed on look to it. So your thin layers worked.

Joel
crucial_H
Visit this Community
Södermanland, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 06:22 AM UTC
Thanks for all the kind words!
 _GOTOTOP