_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
IDF S'Hot 1967
AgentG
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Armorama: 1,095 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 - 04:23 AM UTC
This is another of the AFV Club Centurians, this time the S'Hot from 1967. I'm almost finished with the tank, and have started the tank commander figure.

Paint is a 50-50 mix of Tamiya Buff and Medium Gray. Oils and enamels were used for detailing.

Weathering to come.

G
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 - 05:12 AM UTC
You've done a fine job and don't get me wrong... I love Centurions and all but they just don't look right to me in that color.

Standing by for the weathering!

~ Jeff
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 11:47 AM UTC
That looks like a very clean build. I think the color is fine.
However, it looks as if you've left out part B28 on the turret top. It goes under the clear periscope part D4, which will raise it up to the correct height.
And if you don't mind touching up the paint, the rectangular outlines on the top edge of the rear plate should be sanded off. They're for the Australian version and show where the extended fuel tank is supposed to mount.
AgentG
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 - 05:13 AM UTC
The turret wasn't completed at the time of the photos. As for the remainder, I'm leaving well enough alone.

G
AgentG
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 - 11:23 AM UTC
I'm calling this one done.

G
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 - 12:50 PM UTC
Nice job painting the figure, unfortunately it's not right for a '67 Cent.
AgentG
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 - 03:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice job painting the figure, unfortunately it's not right for a '67 Cent.

You just never have anything nice to say do you? I think you must be compensating for some deficiency in your own life.

Constructive is one thing, snide is another.

G
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 05:04 AM UTC
Wayne,
Judging by your response, (and the way you handle criticism) I'll assume you're a younger modeler. I certainly don't see where I have been mean spirited in any way. I went out of my way to pull a kit down from the stash to look up part numbers to help you out. The fact that you did not want to fix the mistake is immaterial to me, it's your model after all. However, I did point it out in case you weren't aware that you had left off a part.
I also pointed out the raised lines as you may not have known about them. I happen to have built quite a few of these Centurions, so I've got a little experience with them. Thus my interest in your particular build.
This is not the "Praise my Model and Give Me Positive Feedback" forum. It's Constructive Criticism. If you're looking for the other there are other sites that I'm sure you'll like.
Whenever I criticize someone's model, I always try to point out a good thing about it first. (This is a life skill that works no matter what the situation is) I believe I even said not one, but two nice things abot yours.
Now, as far as never having anything nice to say, I guess it depends upon whom you ask. The three people I went out of my way for this week to obtain photographs for, at my own expense, might disagree. That entailed driving to an Army base and a Marine base. That I have the time and resources to do this is fortunate. If you read my posts from earlier this week you'll even find I asked nothing in return.
When all is said and done, we're not curing cancer here. We're building models. You'll find almost everyone here wants to help others. When someone says something positive or negative about your build it is meant to encourage you. It's how we grow. How you choose to respond to criticism is up to you. Usually a simple "thank you" works well.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 10:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wayne,
Judging by your response, (and the way you handle criticism) I'll assume you're a younger modeler. I certainly don't see where I have been mean spirited in any way. I went out of my way to pull a kit down from the stash to look up part numbers to help you out. The fact that you did not want to fix the mistake is immaterial to me, it's your model after all. However, I did point it out in case you weren't aware that you had left off a part.
I also pointed out the raised lines as you may not have known about them. I happen to have built quite a few of these Centurions, so I've got a little experience with them. Thus my interest in your particular build.
This is not the "Praise my Model and Give Me Positive Feedback" forum. It's Constructive Criticism. If you're looking for the other there are other sites that I'm sure you'll like.
Whenever I criticize someone's model, I always try to point out a good thing about it first. (This is a life skill that works no matter what the situation is) I believe I even said not one, but two nice things abot yours.
Now, as far as never having anything nice to say, I guess it depends upon whom you ask. The three people I went out of my way for this week to obtain photographs for, at my own expense, might disagree. That entailed driving to an Army base and a Marine base. That I have the time and resources to do this is fortunate. If you read my posts from earlier this week you'll even find I asked nothing in return.
When all is said and done, we're not curing cancer here. We're building models. You'll find almost everyone here wants to help others. When someone says something positive or negative about your build it is meant to encourage you. It's how we grow. How you choose to respond to criticism is up to you. Usually a simple "thank you" works well.

Personal differences aside, can we get back to the actual build.
Robert: I expect you to be the bigger person.
Wayne: Robert is not trying to be snide. Criticism is criticism.
spoons
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 527 posts
Armorama: 500 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 11:01 AM UTC
Guys remember when we used to go to hell and back during a build.....more he builds more he will learn,just don't put him off!
wayne nice clean build more please.
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Armorama: 1,143 posts
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013 - 04:41 AM UTC
Wayne, Solid, well done OOB build. I like the used but not abused weathering. On my laptop your tracks look like they could use a little more wear and tear weathering/drybrushing, as they seem to be almost a mono tone color.

Joel
AgentG
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013 - 08:44 AM UTC
My response was based on several negative and snide remarks made by one person on every build I have posted recently.

There are ways to approach the subject of criticism and this person seems to be unable to reach a civilized level when dealing with my builds. He also knows darn good and well how old I am as it was prominently displayed in my profile.

I have said all that needs to be said and refuse to post here anymore.

Adios.

G
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 03:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

My response was based on several negative and snide remarks made by one person on every build I have posted recently.

There are ways to approach the subject of criticism and this person seems to be unable to reach a civilized level when dealing with my builds. He also knows darn good and well how old I am as it was prominently displayed in my profile.

I have said all that needs to be said and refuse to post here anymore.

Adios.

G

"refuse to post here anymore" First time I have seen that type comment. Wow! Remind me never to criticize your work
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 - 06:18 AM UTC
Makes me feel like I'm back in grammar school.
 _GOTOTOP