_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Uday is....outta there
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 07:32 PM UTC
Uday is no more. I know some members think he was just funny-as-hell, but I never thought so. And what he posted on the ML board was enough for me to conclude this "member" is no friend to this site or the majority of it's members.

Good riddance. I may never be 100% certain which reg was Uday. I won't loose any sleep over it though.

As a side note (so stupid rumors don't get started) UofAWildcat asked that his account be deleted. I have honored his request. And after the nasty PM he sent me, good riddance to him also. Maybe they were one and the same? hmmmm.....

Some changes are going to be made very soon to the overall Terms of Use for this site and the MSN site. If we are going to continue to have a chat room for example, we are going to start asking for a certain level of adult behaviour to use it. Warnings will be issued of course but don't get all shocked if you are banned from that area for harrassing or otherwise disrespecting other members. The same is true for this forum.

Anyways further details forthcoming on these changes. All for the good as I am sure most of you know. For those few of you that want to see this as an "Us vs. Them" thing, I reccomend you just leave now. There is no us, no them... only this community. You are either a part of it, or not. That is up to you.

Thanks for reading,
Jim
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 08:32 PM UTC
I only have this to say......

"GOOD"

can we now get this site back to it's normal happy self please
Paul_Owen
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 140 posts
Armorama: 108 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 08:45 PM UTC
Hey Jim, send me their names and IPs so I can block the trouble makers out of my site too. I am always interested in combatting trolls and trouble makers that ruin our communities.

What is that saying: united we stand divided we fall?

Paul.
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 2,605 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 11:01 PM UTC
Great job Jim. I support you 100%. Thank you for keeping this the best modelling community on the web.

Best regards,

Brent
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 11:49 PM UTC
Jolly good show ole chap!
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
Armorama: 903 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 11:50 PM UTC
Well done Jim

What some might have found funny for 5 minutes had reached the point where it was damaging the community.

The attempt to smear Armorama via the ML board took things to a new level; someone seems to have a personal grudge against the Big-A and everyone that has helped make this place so great.

Things would only have got worse if you hadn't stepped in. Thank you.

All the best

Rowan
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 11:58 PM UTC
Whatever needs to be done to conserve the good natured spirit of this site, needs to be done.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 12:07 AM UTC
Go weed out those trools Jim great go ole chap (++) (:-)
I did also think the other guy jumped pretty fast making decisions on what is right or not well snuff to him also another (++) (:-)
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,117 posts
Armorama: 468 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 12:33 AM UTC
Great Work Jim!

What you did is the right thing. Thank You so much for running this site. I probably never would have started to model or take as much interest in it if it was not for this site.

Regards
HastyP
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 12:42 AM UTC
Well done, well said......
I totally support you.

Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 12:50 AM UTC
Yup,

well done and well said....

Let us all remember this is a modeling site.... Offcourse there's room for fun too, but let's just avoid things getting out of hand...

There are plenty of other sites on the internet that are just there for you to do all sorts of wild things. Let US please remain what we're here for..... a modeling community where we are able to learn from eachother in a good and friendly atmosphere.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 01:56 AM UTC
Great news Jim.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 02:03 AM UTC
Although I never had a run in with Uday or his alter ego, I never got past the bad taste of using the name to see if his posts were humorous or not. Sorry to have kicked up a hornet's nest, I had ignored it while it went on in the DSB forum (never went in there to see what was going on), and had little problem with them while it was kept there.

As for the chat rooms, if 1/10 of what is being relayed to our site is what really went on in there, it's hard to believe that they were adults doing that and not kids. BTW, who is/was Anne?
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 03:25 AM UTC
Thanks Jim - best post I read this morning...

Gunnie
Pnzr-Cmdr
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 483 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 03:28 AM UTC
Jim.. it heard Cat admit to being Uday.. then i heard several other member admit to being Uday.. I don't know which is the real Uda I don't think that the Chat is too bad.. now the Anne is gone it has cleaned up a whole lot more.. Me and the guys do tend to swear in there when no one really young and no females are present but it's not for no reason. it's not just swearing b/c we can. But i do think think that your idea to clean up armorama and the chat is a well played card.. A few DSB members also are trying to clean it up and get rid of members who disgrace the title of PIG (++)
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,416 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 03:42 AM UTC
OUTSTANDING!
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 03:46 AM UTC
Thanks Jim, It is time to refocus towards what this site stands for.
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 04:04 AM UTC
i thought he was a jerk with a name like uday.
saddams son. he has to be a retart or truoble maker :
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 04:20 AM UTC

...all I can say is I am entirely GRATEFUL for not really knowing what any of this is about!! I have read some stuff on the threads regarding this (I don't even want to type that name) guy, but have fortunately never gotten involved in any of the 'flaming'....I count myself lucky! I also count myself lucky to have someone like you Jim, who is fair, patient, mature and the 'protector' of our fine 'Band of Brother's' here at Armorama!!!!

Even though it probably went against your sense of fairness and equality (and probably caused you some hard mental time as well ), remember this;

YOU DID THE RIGHT THING.

Tread.
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,065 posts
Armorama: 508 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 04:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Warnings will be issued of course but don't get all shocked if you are banned from that area for harrassing or otherwise disrespecting other members. The same is true for this forum.

For those few of you that want to see this as an "Us vs. Them" thing, I reccomend you just leave now. There is no us, no them... only this community. You are either a part of it, or not. That is up to you.

I agree with what you are saying, but in a true community there will be people who have an argument at times or even neighbors you don't like. Maybe it's not ideal, but it is healthy.

Will you ban memmbers that dissagree with something or are you only talking about swearing and stuff? (I don't go into the chat area, so I can't speak about what happens there.)

Other than a very few 'Udays,' I think everyone else tries hard to be as civil as they can. Please don't sterilize or change Armorama because of a few jerks or what is said on other sites!

Steve

AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 04:34 AM UTC
Hoorah! As everyone knows trolls don;t like billy goats and BILLY GOATS RULE!
Great job, Jim.
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,405 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 04:56 AM UTC
Well done Jim!
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,454 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 05:10 AM UTC
Here,Here.
Arthur
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 05:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Will you ban memmbers that dissagree with something or are you only talking about swearing and stuff?

Doubtful that Jim will go about banning folks left and right. The last big uproar (prior to Uday) was Falconbbs. I think there were even threats to his well being due to some inappropriate content on his own personal site (I never did find it or really look for it). Jim didn't ban him. There are often arguements around here, but they rarely ever carry on beyond the thread.

I agree other sites can become too sterile yet others become very "Wild West-like" where you need to don a flak vest just to ask a question. We've had a fairly decent balance here though.
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,318 posts
Armorama: 837 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 05:25 AM UTC
Well, I suppose we can all go build something in peace now. Good job Jim.

Patrick
 _GOTOTOP