_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Trumpeter's T90 Release
dylans
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 394 posts
Armorama: 380 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 03:07 AM UTC
I never said it would be HARD. time consuming and unnecessary not hard. they could have been cast right into the turret like all the other T-90 kits out there.

IMO just a gimmick to say there are more P.E parts in the kit.
hugohuertas
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,024 posts
Armorama: 1,013 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 04:13 AM UTC
I almost agree on that, but honestly cannot figure a T-90 kit being less time consuming.
Just count the number of holes you have to do in Meng's kit to apply the ERA armor....
Where should the manufacturers make savings in order to the kit being more "building-friendly" is a matter of subjectivity.

Don't agree about the "more PE part count" thingy. I believe it IS a matter of molding capabilities.

What I always see is a complaining either because a given kit is too much simplified an too much "shake and bake", or cause it is too much time consuming.
We already know that there ain't a kit that will satisfy everybody.

Me myself be very happy to have these choices for a plastic T-90, and even three different manufacturers too for a Object 279.
Still waiting for a new T-72, but I believe its just a matter of patience now.
UGBEAR
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 248 posts
Armorama: 247 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 09:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I almost agree on that, but honestly cannot figure a T-90 kit being less time consuming.
Just count the number of holes you have to do in Meng's kit to apply the ERA armor....
Where should the manufacturers make savings in order to the kit being more "building-friendly" is a matter of subjectivity.

Don't agree about the "more PE part count" thingy. I believe it IS a matter of molding capabilities.

What I always see is a complaining either because a given kit is too much simplified an too much "shake and bake", or cause it is too much time consuming.
We already know that there ain't a kit that will satisfy everybody.

Me myself be very happy to have these choices for a plastic T-90, and even three different manufacturers too for a Object 279.
Still waiting for a new T-72, but I believe its just a matter of patience now.

finger crossed for a decent T-72, hopefully from Meng
koalorka
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 48 posts
Armorama: 46 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 11:26 AM UTC
We'll, I've got one on pre-order and there's already a few mistakes from just the sprue shots..

Welp, by the time I am done my T-54, there just might be a Mini-arm correction for this kit.
familiar
Visit this Community
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
KitMaker: 55 posts
Armorama: 54 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 05:04 AM UTC
I have T90 trumpeter and It cost 35$ (kit and shipping)
 _GOTOTOP