_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
What’s Changed at Cromwell Models
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 01:05 AM UTC
I have been in touch with Cordon Brown of Cromwell Models reference all of the negative comments on his customer service and reliability and questioned has anything changed? Well it would appear that steps have been taken to remedy the issues of which he is accused, and here are the answers I got in reply to my question;

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
Armorama: 1,458 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 01:21 AM UTC
There was never a question about Cromwell products quality and exquisite attention to detail.Gordon is a true artist in this. The problems were always execution of retail business and follow-up. I sincerely hope that the troubles are now history and success has now arrived for him.
Cheers!
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 01:46 AM UTC
There are also a large number of members here on Armorama, regular posters and frequent visitors who should know better, that owe our friend "Keef1648" apologies for taking our their frustrations with Cromwell on him and often hijacking his build blogs to engage in "Cromwell-bashings" that had nothing to do with models being built.

Those of you who lambasted "Keef1648" on the recent "Cromwell Models" thread when he simply tried to offer some rational suggestions for doing business with Gordon Brown and Cromwell should really be ashamed. All of you should own up to your rude, tactless and disrespectful behavior towards one of Armorama's "best citizens" and make either a public or private apology to member "Keef1648."

In case you've forgotten who you are, here's the thread:

Armorama::Cromwell Models

This "dog piling on" as well as the previously hijacked build blogs have driven away from Armorama one of the good guys. Our friend "Keef1648," who has been a major contributor here over the years, has decided to leave the Armorama community because of the way he has been treated by others here.

In the future, folks should really consider their remarks directed at others a bit more carefully before hitting that "Ready to Reply" button. You might have a legitimate beef over some product or vendor, but to take out your frustrations on someone just because their experience has been different is unfair and pointless.

Trying to hurt Gordon Brown and Cromwell by taking aim at an innocent customer who was only trying to share some tips for success was wrong.
hostias
Visit this Community
Spain / España
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 84 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 02:08 AM UTC
Personally I had, for some time, the problems of delay in the delivery, but one thing that I have to concede to Gordon, is quality, TOP.

I have 62 years, I've been in this business of military modeling, from 14 years and so far, I know, no manufacturer of resins, with the quality of Gordon and now communicates almost a day, I personally have contacted me and appreciation, is a very sensitive person and like everyone else, with their problems.

health
beachbm2
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 400 posts
Armorama: 151 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 02:30 AM UTC
Mike while not trying to be a bad guy it sure looked to me that Keef1648 started the problem("This is so much old stuff it makes me want to yawn."). When you have paid for an Item and it takes months to even get a reply that is just wrong to say their concerns makes you Yawn! I have had dealings with Gordon with mixed results. But to Dismiss the concerns of others who had legitimate complaints with a yawn invites sniping! So in conclusion folks have a good reason to be suspect of Cromwell models customer service and if Keith left that is his problem! Why should others risk their hard earned money on a company with a long list of Customer complaints on the word of one member who dismisses their concerns with a yawn?? Just from what I see
on the Web and here that was a snarky way of dealing with peoples concerns!
CompanyOfHeroesRocks
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 19 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 02:45 AM UTC
So how do we actually go about ordering from him, website with a price list etc?
And, will Armorama help with any disputes that may incur with dealing with Cromwell models, as it's OK to give them press when it sounds all rosy, but if things go wrong, lots or people will be out of pocket and without kits.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 03:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So how do we actually go about ordering from him, website with a price list etc?
And, will Armorama help with any disputes that may incur with dealing with Cromwell models, as it's OK to give them press when it sounds all rosy, but if things go wrong, lots or people will be out of pocket and without kits.

Jon Armorama takes no responsibility for interaction between members and Cromwell Models just as we take no responsibility between members and any other manufacturers. I will however be watching how things progress and I really do hope that things have improved with Cromwell Models. I know that when finances allow I will be making a trial purchase to see how the new system works.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 05:35 AM UTC
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Cromwell will have to show it can reform and no one should purchase from them unless they are prepared to gamble. I wish Gordon well, and hope he can fix his problems.
Removed by original poster on 07/21/13 - 17:54:32 (GMT).
redcap
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 753 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 05:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

There are also a large number of members here on Armorama, regular posters and frequent visitors who should know better, that owe our friend "Keef1648" apologies for taking our their frustrations with Cromwell on him and often hijacking his build blogs to engage in "Cromwell-bashings" that had nothing to do with models being built.

Those of you who lambasted "Keef1648" on the recent "Cromwell Models" thread when he simply tried to offer some rational suggestions for doing business with Gordon Brown and Cromwell should really be ashamed. All of you should own up to your rude, tactless and disrespectful behavior towards one of Armorama's "best citizens" and make either a public or private apology to member "Keef1648."

In case you've forgotten who you are, here's the thread:

Armorama::Cromwell Models

This "dog piling on" as well as the previously hijacked build blogs have driven away from Armorama one of the good guys. Our friend "Keef1648," who has been a major contributor here over the years, has decided to leave the Armorama community because of the way he has been treated by others here.

In the future, folks should really consider their remarks directed at others a bit more carefully before hitting that "Ready to Reply" button. You might have a legitimate beef over some product or vendor, but to take out your frustrations on someone just because their experience has been different is unfair and pointless.

Trying to hurt Gordon Brown and Cromwell by taking aim at an innocent customer who was only trying to share some tips for success was wrong.

Mike.

I had no involvement or knowledge of the above thread though am aware of the protracted history of significant customer dissent with "Cromwell Models". Having just read your comments in conjunction with the thread which you kindly linked in your post, I really do think "Keef1648." is possibly taking things a little to heart and being somewhat oversensitive here. Indeed, looking in from the outside, he seemed to be stoking the fire and then, seemingly, has stormed off in a pique of fit when it all got too hot for him.

If he gets so upset by as you call it (quote) "rude, tactless and disrespectful behaviour" - not sure why it constitutes such a description simply because the majority disagree passionately with him - then why continue with his serial defence of the man and his company in question when it was patently obvious his opinion and own personal experience of the same seemed to be in a small minority? He made his case so why 'run with it' if he found the replies he was receiving all so "upsetting"?

Given the sterile and politically correct world we are all forced to inhabit by the political classes, it will be a sad day indeed when the membership on forums such as this cannot engage in free and open debate 'just in case' our comments upset someone because we happen to disagree with them....even if it's your modeling buddy.

Gary
hostias
Visit this Community
Spain / España
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 84 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 06:30 AM UTC
However, purchases made to Gordon, the can pay by Paypal, so that from now on, not lose money.
So, I think we should have a discussion of models and quality as, with Paypal, you never lose the money paid, we have 45 days to claim.
I think we should give him confidence, and that has made ​​the effort regarding Paypal.
health
CompanyOfHeroesRocks
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 19 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 09:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Jon Armorama takes no responsibility for interaction between members and Cromwell Models just as we take no responsibility between members and any other manufacturers. I will however be watching how things progress and I really do hope that things have improved with Cromwell Models. I know that when finances allow I will be making a trial purchase to see how the new system works.

Cant say fairer then that, thanks Darren.
So, how do we actually go about ordering then, as I dont see any contact info anywhere?
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
Armorama: 1,458 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 10:26 AM UTC
Finding him on the web to do biz IS a great question. Also,did he not sell some of his product molds/rights to another manufacturer? I was always interested in his 1/35 A10 Cruiser MkII? Had photos of this in action in BEF service in Greece/Balkans. Who is that other firm?
Cheers for bits/kits from the past!
Rick
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 11:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Finding him on the web to do biz IS a great question. Also,did he not sell some of his product molds/rights to another manufacturer? I was always interested in his 1/35 A10 Cruiser MkII? Had photos of this in action in BEF service in Greece/Balkans. Who is that other firm?
Cheers for bits/kits from the past!
Rick

Hi

Yes, Inside the Armour, but currently sold out.

See here
Inside the Armour

Alan
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 - 12:43 AM UTC
I hope issues w/Keef can be resolved -- if people were attacking his build logs of Cromwell products, then that seems uncalled for.

I hope for all of us is that Gordon's plan to improve his company goes well. To be frank, the items themselves are among the best our small hobby that industry has to offer. I've built a Churchill and a Flak 41 and have on the shelves two more AT guns. All of them are fantastic models (all of them have been replaced by injection molded plastic kits so will no longer be offered by Cromwell). With the culling of his line through retiring some products and selling some others to Inside the Armour, I hope Gordon's streamlined offerings can come out to the marketplace at a steady stream. My best wishes for his recovery plans for past mistakes with customers and his recovery plans to go forward.
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 - 02:02 AM UTC
That does sound good. Cromwell has some great items, but I was reluctant to order from them because of the bad feedback Cromwell was receiving. I will still wait a while to hear how this procedes before ordering.

Mario
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 - 02:45 AM UTC
[quote Cromwell will have to show it can reform and no one should purchase from them unless they are prepared to gamble. [/quote]
Sounds like a vicious circle - if no one should purchase from Cromwell, how will Cromwell show it can reform?
jashby
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 278 posts
Armorama: 248 posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 - 02:49 AM UTC
It does sound like very good news. Exciting in some ways.
But it seems that there is a bit of a conundrum. If everyone waits to see if things have improved and no one orders, then how will we know if it has improved?
jashby
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 278 posts
Armorama: 248 posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 - 02:50 AM UTC
Darn you Biggles. Thinking the same thing half the world away.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 - 03:06 AM UTC
Hee...hee...heee! I thought it first because of the time lag. It's now here first before it's now there. Does that make sense?
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 - 03:16 AM UTC
Ooops! My theory is flawed. Australia is west of the International Date Line, isn't it? Which actually puts you before me!
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 - 03:44 AM UTC
Well, I pinged him via e-mail to take a shot at ordering the Centurion Mk.1 conversion. I'll be brave and risk it. I'll keep you all informed of how it goes.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 - 04:07 AM UTC
I have no doubt about Keefe and some others getting their orders in a timely fashion. But after reading so many other negative reports on Cromwell Models, I would prefer to take a watch and see position.
Along with all those complaints, I also read all of the excuses Gordon has used for years. How much creditability can I now put into his present statements?
Lack of a website to visit and see the products seems to make things unrealistic.
Paying with paypal may sound good, but you get 45 days to file a complant, and 30 of them are eaten up waiting for the item to ship. The days start from date of sending the money, not from the day shipped.
Don't forget the old buyer beware
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 - 11:22 AM UTC
One thing I should mention is, after corresponding on the Centurion kit, he will cast it and let me know when it is ready to ship, and then I pay. So that window may be not an issue. I'll keep you all in the loop.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 - 11:32 AM UTC
I was put off buying from Cromwell Models, for the amount of negative feedback. I will be watching this thread, as I contemplate a large order.
 _GOTOTOP