Campaigns: Completed Campaigns
Campaigns that are completed should be grouped here.
Hosted by Richard S.
What If 4: Machines of the Mind
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,716 posts
Armorama: 1,638 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2014 - 09:39 AM UTC
John ,,, Thanks for that mate ,, I'll sign up with this machine ...a tracked Boxer ,,after building this tracked Stryker i had to build this now .

Alex ,, Hey dude i really heavent stopped building to be honest but dew to the local i was in getting the net wasn't possible but not i am in a local where i can get it i am back .. oh no mate thats not a sharks head ,,thats my egg ,,as its called ,,its used for holding plans and man its one of the most useful gizzmo's i have .

Graeme ,, Your beast looks amazing mate ,, I loved that the moment i saw it , wouldnt want that tracking my butt in a fight :-)

John ,, Best cammo on a What if yet,,never seen better for a What if model ..when finished its gonna look amazing :-)

Right time to sign up .

Cheers

Phill
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2014 - 11:24 AM UTC
Thanks Phill !!!

Welcome back mate !!!
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,160 posts
Armorama: 1,906 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2014 - 03:59 PM UTC
Phill,
Thought it was a mold for a shark's head. I see what it's used for now. I've got something similar to hold a clipboard. I sometimes use it to hold tablet too. Anyway, nice work and good to see you back.
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2014 - 04:54 PM UTC
John,,Alex ,,Thank you gentlemen it is nice to be back showing the world my weird ass stuff ,,have to be honest but i have really lost the will to building normal models now,,guess it could the fact i have been building standard models for 38 years and its so nice to let the mind go free and build what ever i can think off,,as you guys know ..i can think up a lot of things and heres some pics of what else i have been playing with

These are the results of free thinking

Cheers

Phill
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2014 - 09:26 AM UTC
Nice work Phill. Nice detail on that coupler mechanism. It's the little details that really add to a design like that.

I've pulled away from normals subjects a bit. I prefer the what-if subjects, even if it's just mounting a SA2 on a T-62 hull. Right now, I'm working on a scuba diving boat based on the old Tamiya Pibber I used in one of the End of Days Campaigns. I made some cuts today to move the cabin forward. I thought about lengthening the hull but decided against it. Something different from the usual. I have a what-if German hovercraft in the works and a particle beam weapon that I'm toying between making it a German or Soviet design.
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2014 - 06:57 PM UTC
Been playing with the Boxer today off and on ,,reworking the turret ,,fitting the main gun with a muzzle brake,,covering all the holes in the chassis ,,just slowly plodding along ..here's what it looks like at the mo ..

Cheers for now

Phill
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - 07:23 PM UTC
I have finished my build for this campaign. The WH40k Hydra flak tank.

Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - 11:57 PM UTC
Welcome Jesper !! it's been a while since I seen you around !!
Nice work, I like that camo and the mean looking weapons !!

WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 03:32 AM UTC
Nice work Jesper ... ya gotta love Warhammer 40K .. they do have some very cool things .
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 06:42 PM UTC
Thanks for the comments, guys. Appreciate it.

It is good to be back.
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 04:09 AM UTC
Update:

Will start to build the Dshk for the turret.
I added some Tamyia weathering sand & desert tones on the lower hull & tracks, I will add some pigments too and that will be done !

mvaiano
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 1,054 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 04:47 AM UTC
Hi John!

Now I see and it looks great.

Cheers!

Marco
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 05:02 AM UTC
John, that combination makes for a very neat looking vehicle profile. I think the Dshk will really add to the look.
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 07:18 AM UTC
Thanks Marco and Alex !

It's been a really fun project, well now I have a T-55 hull with a Mine roller and a Leo 2 A6 turret so you can guess what will be next
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 01:29 PM UTC
Done know that you did John but that thing looks right...the proportion of the turret to the chassis just works ,,nice done mate

Very interesting paint job too ,,,get a nice summers or spring days and dude ,,that thing is invisible

Well done mate ,,very cool indeed

Phill
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 02:42 PM UTC
Thanks mate for the kind words.
Just took that the turret and changed the chassis... and main gun too.
The 122mm gun fitted quite well on the T-55 turret.

The spare parts might fit another cool project, T-55 Mine roller w/ the Leo turret, but the proportion of the turret to the chassis won't look so good.
The turret looks too big, maybe a Stug version or an APC..

But I still need to finish this one before thinking of another project...
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 03:45 PM UTC
Ohh i like the Stug idea and i was thinking the same thing for one of your other posts...a Leo2 turret would look way wrong on a T55 hull and if its a LeoA6 turret ,..that turret has to be bloody near the size of the hull.
Now a T55 with a solid casemate with the Leo2 gun and mine rollers ..mate your seriously onto something extremely cool ..take a look at this ..

That should give ya some ideas

Phill
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2014 - 07:13 AM UTC
Nice Photo Phill.

Today I searched my 5 spare boxes and came across a 4x 20mm flak and 150mm Brummbar cannon.. my imagination started rolling with a multiple weapon system .. damn.
I'm going to try to figure something out of it later on.

Anyway I finished the Dshk MG and also added some bags, jerrycans and small arms. This one is finished !!!!
Thanks for watching !!

Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - 07:14 AM UTC
My progress so far...click for larger image.

ComradeMP
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 472 posts
Armorama: 453 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2014 - 06:21 PM UTC
Originally started as a concept for a story I want to write. Originally this was going to be a modified Type 74, but after Nitro's build, I wanted something more creative.

What I plan on building I call the "Banchou" (番長). Nicknamed after a fishing boat Captain from Onahama, Fukushima. Once a well know juvenile delinquent,turned fisherman and later captain of his own boat. Later he would join the resistance where he became a tank commander and would become known for his actions during the repulse of soviet forces on Tokyo (battle of Akihabara).

1989,Hokkaido fell soon after the initial Soviet invasion. The invasion of northern Honshu saw the JGSDF overwhelmed and fractured. A resistance movement made up of JGSDF regulars, civilians, stranded foreign nationals and volunteers emerged. Using guerrilla warfare tactics in support of the JGSDF and evacuating cities and towns in the way of the soviet advance. Using whatever is available, including ex-JGSDF weapons and captured/looted soviet weapons. Also anything that was salvageable, was.

Using a Tamiya Type 74 turret and a Trumpeter T-62 w/ ERA hull. Going to do all sorts of modifications. Oh what fun I'll have!

ERA blocks, ERA blocks going everywhere! I have some PE for the Type 74 so I'll be using some of the Type 74 bits on the T-62 hull.

made a turret ring from plastic strip.

To give you guys a rough idea. Already did some work on the engine deck grilles. Have some Voyager PE ERA bricks, waiting for a metal barrel and some stowage. I'm thinking a KPV as coaxial. Want a larger turret basket, modified hatches. Inspired somewhat by the Tiran, moving the commander's .50 cal and mounting a PKM. Thinking another .50 cal above the barrel?

ComradeMP
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 472 posts
Armorama: 453 posts
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2014 - 06:09 PM UTC
Some more work done. One run of track done and painted, now for the other side. What fun!

Ditched the lights and replaced it with the siren and B.O. light with housing from the Type 74. RB Metal barrel came in. It's the one that for the "Ti-67". Why? Compared to the other 105 metal barrels, it's cheap and looks great. Still debating the KPVT coaxial.

Some stuff came in. Already have soviet ammo cans, now I have .50 cal ammo cans. Also have some dry transfers for them in my stash. Replacing kit .50 with one from AFV club and also placing a PKM on the loader's hatch. Abrams stowage set, just because it had a bunch of stuff I think I can use. Not sure how big to go on the larger turret basket.

Saw a picture of a Leo 1A5 and now it has me thinking up armored mantlet? The Type 74 is supposed to have 195mm armor there. It'll also give me a place to put the hinomaru

Anyways my imagination runs wild. Did a lot of searching and came up with some info on the Type 74 including just what all those little things on the tank were. Found a site in Japanese with some really good info like armor values and penetration values.
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 - 05:38 AM UTC
Arrgghh, I can't stand it no more, you guys ruining good kits!! lol
Scipio2010
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 323 posts
Armorama: 221 posts
Posted: Friday, September 12, 2014 - 09:49 AM UTC
JagdSturmTiger mit 122mm D-25T finally complete!

Germans captured a JSU-122S in March of 45'. The 122mm gun was removed and installed on a SturmTiger chassis, and was shipped to the Seelow Heights as the Red Army advanced on Berlin.

windysean
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
Armorama: 735 posts
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2014 - 05:16 AM UTC
Hey, Phill's back! I've been waiting for his take on things. (I was afraid you took a conk on the head or something when you were gone!)
I've been lax in the past few campaigns, but this one is next on the list-- just after I finish some things for a local model train show in 2 weeks.
I agree with what you guys have been saying about modeling standard stuff so long that it's great to let the mind wander. (That and my son had me watch the Lego Movie 3 times so far, so I stopped going by the instructions. )
Cheers!
-Sean H.
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2014 - 06:40 AM UTC
Comrade,
It'll be interested to see your tank come together.

Shawn,
Looks nice. I'm planing on using the 122mm gun for an assault Churchill. My story is that the Soviets received a batch of Churchills as part of lend-lease. They up-arm and up-armor them to the 122mm gun as part of an assault program to push in to the heart of Germany. That's going to be my last assault conversion project...been doing too many of those of late.

On a sad note, my JagAbrams from What-If 2 had an accident and will now be refitted with a new gun and mantlet.