Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Tasca M4A1 Grizzly Guardian
Removed by original poster on 05/13/19 - 19:19:31 (GMT).
27-1025
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,281 posts
Armorama: 1,222 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 03:23 AM UTC
Amazing work! Really enjoying following the progress on this.
Removed by original poster on 05/13/19 - 19:44:00 (GMT).
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 02:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Mike, Thank you, I've been following your build log as well, it's very good, I like how your doing all that picture sequence stuff, showing how things come together, it's a good way of doing things, and very good small detail work, I tend to just view and keep my mouth shut because I know nothing about the Churchill, or Cromwell's, I'm not good with British stuff, which is shameful considering my nationality.

Cheers! Pretty much the same reason why I haven't chimed in here until now. I've just enjoyed watching the build progress with little to nothing to contribute. In regards to showing the details of my work, I kind of figure that as a little payment on my (staggeringly large) karmic modeling-debt. If there were a 'World Bank of Modeling Debt," I'd be sorely in arrears on my loan...

BTW: A bowl of tuna and a saucer of milk to Snuggles on a suspension job well done.

I'm afraid that the cat that lives with us, Cannibal, while being at the top of food chain in our yard and the nightmare of all song birds, mice, lizards, snakes and small rabbits, has no interest or talent when it comes to modeling. Alas, his conversational skills are also somewhat limited to subjects like "Pet me as I lie here digesting some unspeakable little scaly thing that you're now safe from. Have no fear, I'm always on the job..."

Happy modeling!
Shermania
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
Armorama: 531 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 04:44 AM UTC
Matt,

Amazing work, looking forward to seeing the rest. I was in Jr. High when my older brother took me to see Blade Runner. I was already a fan of noir films due to my parents influence. A sci fi noir film set in what then seemed like the super distant future was right up my ally. I loved it then and I still watch it several times a year. It's one of my all time favorite films and the music still moves me today the way it did then. Vangelis is a genius.

Looking back its kind of a wet dream, isn't it? Rachel is the ultimate sex doll, I never really thought about that until recently when I finally convinced my wife to watch it with me and she made mention of that. It is perhaps the ultimate male fantasy. A young gorgeous female that will never age or say she has a head ache or complain about anything. It makes perfect sense that my wife would feel threatened by a replicant like Rachel. I tried putting myself in her shoes and thought had the roles been reversed and the lead was played by a woman who in turn eloped with the brad pitt replicant from "Thelma and Louis", how would I feel about it then? I'd like to think I would still love the film as much as I do but not so sure:)
rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,696 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 07:59 AM UTC
"Blade Runner" is off limits in our house now, never really asked why but maybe now I have a clue..... My wife already has a "thing" for ole Brad, not helped from the fact that they're both from the same town and her folks and his folks pal around. And no, I probably won't get tickets to the premier of "Fury", but we did watch "Inglourious Basterds" the other night.
So, Matt, I have to ask, and hope you don't mind, but what in the Wide World of Sports do you do for a living? I ask because the tool you ginned up is a work of art in itself, never mind what you're doing with it.
And regarding a comment you made a while ago about not getting far enough along on your projects to paint and weather them: I think maybe that's a good thing as it would be a shame to cover up all of your work with something so crude as paint.
Removed by original poster on 05/13/19 - 19:44:14 (GMT).
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Armorama: 2,447 posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2014 - 03:47 PM UTC
Matt,

Really enjoying your Grizzly!

Quoted Text

They wasted Deckard and Rachael, you could make a whole film with just Deckard and Rachael talking, would be a million times better than the junk they call films these days.

Got that right!

Removed by original poster on 05/13/19 - 19:44:32 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 05/13/19 - 19:44:46 (GMT).
kowalski
Visit this Community
Baleares, Spain / España
KitMaker: 59 posts
Armorama: 58 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 10:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Another World Cup down the drain, oh well, more time for model making...

Sorry about the result. At least England was not defending the title, if that brings some relief to your sorrow, of course. But as you say,more time to model so, please bring us more updates. I really enjoy your builds and the theads. Thanks for both
M4A3E8Easy8
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 302 posts
Armorama: 300 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 12:32 PM UTC
More time to finish the bear and get to the E8, who has time for silly sports. But the US is still in... Just saying
Removed by original poster on 05/13/19 - 19:45:03 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 05/13/19 - 19:45:19 (GMT).
M4A3E8Easy8
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 11:53 PM UTC
Looks good, only thing I see is the outer most rib on the pictures seems to not be as proud on the outside as yours. Putty work coming?
Removed by original poster on 05/13/19 - 19:45:35 (GMT).
rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,696 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 07:36 AM UTC
Once again, I gaze in wonder and awe.
And.... do androids really dream of electric sheep?
M4A3E8Easy8
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 12:28 PM UTC
Ah OK, that would take care of it perfectly. Got ahead of you I see.
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 04:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

... And.... do androids really dream of electric sheep?

Russel, a fellow aficionado of the book (as much as I have always enjoyed the movie).

@ Matt: Coming along very nicely, very nicely indeed! I think Snuggles has earned his (her?) catnip.
Removed by original poster on 05/13/19 - 19:45:54 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 05/13/19 - 19:46:13 (GMT).
Dragon164
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,909 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2014 - 01:49 PM UTC
Matt,
Love the build, love the thread!

Now would adding the plastic card from the return roller mount to the end rib not leave that hole you are worried about?

Cheers Rob.
Stickframe
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,661 posts
Armorama: 1,202 posts
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2014 - 05:17 PM UTC
Hey Matt -- wow ! and then WOW! beautiful work - thanks for the step by steps - very interesting indeed!

Said the cop to Deckard: "have a better one"

cheers
Nick
Removed by original poster on 05/13/19 - 19:46:45 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 05/13/19 - 19:47:10 (GMT).