_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
EOD cougar help
jekrott
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 485 posts
Armorama: 353 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 07:58 AM UTC
I am getting ready to start my cougar hopefully by this weekend,but still have some question.Just what will I need to do on the outside?Do I need to close up the last two windows on the sides,build different stowage binds?I know what to do on the insides but the outside is throwing me curve balls!What kind of antennas will they use?How many will they carry?would they use dukes?I know lots of questions but I'm kinda lost!Any help would be great.
white4doc
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
Armorama: 964 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 07:20 PM UTC
Do yourself a favor and get Robert Skipper (18Bravo)'s Cougar reference set, it's worth every penny and you don't have to wait on the mail. His photo sets are one of the best references available, I've bought three and they've been very helpful.
sauceman
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,672 posts
Armorama: 2,475 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 07:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I am getting ready to start my cougar hopefully by this weekend,but still have some question.Just what will I need to do on the outside?Do I need to close up the last two windows on the sides,build different stowage binds?I know what to do on the insides but the outside is throwing me curve balls!What kind of antennas will they use?How many will they carry?would they use dukes?I know lots of questions but I'm kinda lost!Any help would be great.

Your best bet it to find a certain example and model that.

I assume you want to build a JERRV? If so than yes the outside needs some modifications.

Canadian version,

Robert Skipper has a CD available that covers these vehicles, that's where I would start.

Miloslav at Real Model also has a reference book that covers the Canadian JERRV,(which I'm using for my Buffalo build).

Pascal's Couger build

More discussion here

cheers
jekrott
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 05:13 PM UTC
I do have skippers photos and are helping out a lot,now that Canadian version would that be same for the US ad well?Say minus the antennas.Because that is the version I had in mind
rolltide31
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,481 posts
Armorama: 93 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 06:58 PM UTC
Edward,

Send me a PM. I was an EOD Company Commander in Afghanistan and had quite a few JERRVs. I also have some pictures that I can dig up.

Dave
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 950 posts
Armorama: 905 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 08:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Edward,

Send me a PM. I was an EOD Company Commander in Afghanistan and had quite a few JERRVs. I also have some pictures that I can dig up.

Dave

I will also build this version... Do you know if it's only EOD platoons that have the Gyro cam on the back of the veichle? Maybe you can share some photos of this veichle from afghanistan?

jekrott
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 07:30 AM UTC
I stumbled across a couple of cougars I would like to model.But I need to know this ,I've seen some cougars with what seem to be wheels from a MTVR truck.Am I Right,they seem to be larger in size and what I'm going to call "caps" over the rim,just like the wheels on a MTVR truck.Can someone confirm this for me.Thanks
 _GOTOTOP