_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
back to dios
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 10:43 PM UTC
Thanks Chris,
The street is actually brick.I use rolls you can get at Canadian Tire or Michaels.Unfortunately they only sell them during the Xmas season for miniature villages.Maybe online?
I stock up for the year.The side walks are just thin dense Styrofoam with balsa wood edges and slight cuts for the individual slabs.Glass is simply clear packaging.Broken glass is the same with jagged edges,point of a pin heated for bullet holes and random pin scratching for cracks.Door knobs are also pin heads.

Tom
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 10:48 PM UTC
Nice touch with the fountain !
J
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,295 posts
Armorama: 1,191 posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 - 12:34 AM UTC
Tom, these are coming along very nicely indeed! The tanker laying there, typing up his reports is a cool touch...or is he a field reporter? Either way I thinks it's neat.

Keep up the stellar work, we all think you are doing a bang up job!

mojo72
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
KitMaker: 160 posts
Armorama: 130 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 06:02 PM UTC
I can see a lot of details being added to the dio.....nice one Tom. Can't wait to see the end results. Pretty sure there'll be a lot of things will catch the eye. By the way, where did you get the lantern from?

Muhammad
strongarden
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 730 posts
Armorama: 624 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 04:31 AM UTC
Just saw this Tom and I've gone back thru the pgs and enjoyed the progress. Keep it coming, like the way you build the story as you go. I suppose you'll be adding more rubble and debris in the street but everything looks great.
Cheers
Dave
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 - 03:43 AM UTC
Thanks guys,
The lantern is from Tamiya Churchill kits.Not always shown on the box art,but included with a nice farm cart and wine bottles.Also the figure of a farmer.
Added some small things to the interior and yes more rubble on the street.A ceiling light for the table and light switch on the wall.Carpet on the loft and a rail ,suitcase also.
At the point it's a slow build.Do a little every night,then put aside and re-look at it the next night to see what needs to be added.
Pics tomorrow.

Tom
strongarden
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 - 11:24 PM UTC
No worries Tom, it's really coming along and Ill be following it however it appears.
Like I said I enjoy the way you go. Maybe because I, on the other hand, get waaay too many ideas for dios, vignettes, and the like. I'll try to write everything down b4 it all fades away. Point is I end up w/ a small cache of note pads of ideas, and naturally the stash grows as well (sorry honey .
So you at least produce something and explore your options for a sound story, so enjoy as you go brother!

Cheers
Dave
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 02:55 AM UTC
I hear ya Dave,
I get a kit with a dio in mind and then it sits on the shelf.Over the winter I spent too much time on builds ,all with a dio in mind,but still only have the built kits.Now I have a backup of dios in wait.
Anyway,here some pics of this ongoing one.Just the things I mentioned yesterday.Dave 1,he's actually the partner of the photographer at the end of the street.Tried to get the patrol looking down at him as they pass.

Tom
 photo street10 001_zpspvtjvbqc.jpg  photo street10 002_zpsaz9nossp.jpg  photo street10 003_zpspxnqifvc.jpg  photo street10 004_zpswfnwstoq.jpg  photo street10 005_zpsq3hxs81s.jpg
strongarden
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 07:38 AM UTC
Dude this is awesome. The lantern is a nice touch.
Dave
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2017 - 11:18 PM UTC
Hi guys,

Been a while.Photbucket crap.
Finished the curtains,some small additions.
Putting on the shelf for now and will probably go back to it at some point.

photo outside 002_zpsyduyqngs.jpg  photo outside 003_zpsatgs4hdv.jpg  photo outside 004_zpscrh9dgjd.jpg  photo outside 005_zpsapdabyhu.jpg  photo outside 006_zpshy0ejqmw.jpg  photo outside 007_zps5bocpvw7.jpg  photo outside 008_zpsiztviw22.jpg  photo outside 009_zpsjumlturp.jpg  photo outside 010_zps1vltfcdq.jpg
strongarden
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 08:18 AM UTC
This has really come along great, nice job w/ the plants on the bldgs. The backside interiors are a nice touch, lots of detail so not really just a touch but nicely done Tom. I'd like to one day create a nice interior like this.
The soldier sitting upfront looks like he's on a laptop (no I'm kidding)

Sincerely
Dave
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 03:27 AM UTC
Thanks Dave,
Considering I didn't plan to have interiors at first they turned out OK.I think I've done better.Not really happy with the windows.Should have done them while the walls were apart.
Lesson learned.
Your right about the typewriter.My 15 year old would never know what one is, except I have my fathers close to my work area and she wanted to know about it.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 05:27 AM UTC
Wow !! It seems the photobucket logjam has been broken and the cool stuff is pouring through ! Nice work. Lots to look at and great to see a Commonwealth topic.
J
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 05:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow !! It seems the photobucket logjam has been broken and the cool stuff is pouring through ! Nice work. Lots to look at and great to see a Commonwealth topic.
J

Don't be too sure. If you poke around the forums you'll see that images are dropping like Domino's. It'd be a real shame to lose Tom's fine works as well.

—mike
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 02:53 PM UTC
Nice work Tom , how did you do the ivy on the bldg. looks great .
Dioramartin
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,476 posts
Armorama: 1,463 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 05:39 PM UTC
I like it a lot, busy and loads of great detail - don’t see much problem with the windows. I’d only suggest much more dust on the cobbles, they’re too clean – and was that scout car really called “Cerebral”? I’ve seen maybe a tank called Cerebus…?

_GOTOTOP