_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
RG-31 mk3 1/35
Lisec
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 306 posts
Armorama: 282 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 09:49 PM UTC
Aloha
I`m building the Kinetic Rg-31, mark 3 version. It`s an ugly-ish vehicle but i find it cool as it is. Kenetic is the only game in town and as such has it`s problems. No need to list them all, it can be found if anyone is interested.
I will replace the problematic wheels and M2 50.cal with DEF wheels and Live resin duece. Further enhancements will be with a bit of scratchbuilding (SINCGARS, monitor, DUKE and anntenas), some mounts and various gear and stowage courtesy of Legend

Painted grey interior, added Tamiya tape seatbelts,washed,chipped and dusted.

The underside is not finished,waiting to close the cabin to assemble the rest of the suspension parts. Added some wires, more to be added.

I dreaded the pixel camo, and was hesitant at first, but gave it a go and tried a sponge technique with Vallejo colors. It came together fairly well,I think,for 1/35 scale.
The jacket is a leftover from my Mexas build,so its not kosher. I will rethink if it will be added or not. Tho it looks cool in the back of the cabin space.

DutyFirst1917
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 93 posts
Armorama: 86 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 02:22 AM UTC
I will be following this build as the RG31 is on my radar! One point if I may regarding the weathering on the cabin floor. They came from the factory with a very robust, thick, and anti-skid paint that was very resistant to damage - though it did get muddy in there. Perhaps a bit of the gray on the floor to soften the weathering might work well for you. Thanks for the post.

Tim
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 04:14 AM UTC
It looks like he already finished it.

RG-31 Mk3
DutyFirst1917
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States