Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Bronco Campaign 2020 - Active
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 09:35 AM UTC
Tommy's ride looks very nice!

Cheerio!
—mike
V2Phantom
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 288 posts
Armorama: 92 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2020 - 12:54 AM UTC
Peter
That is a great finish on Tommy's ride! In my opinion, it is the perfect level of weathering.
Have fun modeling
Mike
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2020 - 06:28 AM UTC
Guess what turned-up in the Dyson Vac today!😅

After a perfect PE bending session, the 37mm AT Gun shoulder guard assembly literally vanished from my hand and went MIA to the Carpet Monster. That was about a week ago. I found it after I had already glued the optional plastic part on, of course.😖

—mike
panamadan
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 1,513 posts
Armorama: 1,449 posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2020 - 09:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Guess what turned-up in the Dyson Vac today!😅

After a perfect PE bending session, the 37mm AT Gun shoulder guard assembly literally vanished from my hand and went MIA to the Carpet Monster. That was about a week ago. I found it after I had already glued the optional plastic part on, of course.😖

—mike

Tile, Mike, tile
D
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2020 - 11:00 AM UTC
Haha! No can do, Dan. I rent an apartment. The Carpet Monster came with the place.
—mike
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2020 - 12:39 PM UTC
Have you not heard of the Carpet Monster's cousin, the Tile Monster, Dan?

I have tiles and can confirm, there is no doubt, that the Tile Monster exists.... and parts bounce to oblivion quite well.
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 08:53 AM UTC
Hi guys, Here's a small 37mm AT gun update. Just taking my time while sorting-out Bronco instructions and waiting for glue to cure (page 24–29 sub-assemblies). ... Note: 'PMMS' is your friend.

Cheers!🍺
—mike
panamadan
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 09:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Have you not heard of the Carpet Monster's cousin, the Tile Monster, Dan?

I have tiles and can confirm, there is no doubt, that the Tile Monster exists.... and parts bounce to oblivion quite well.

I have tile and 99% of the time will find the missing part as I hunt it like it’s missing money.
D
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 09:05 AM UTC
Yeah Mike, a pity Terry doesn't do many updates anymore. He has a Facebook presence though.

Looking good with the etch guard in place, but do I spy a mould line or two on the piece at front?

Close up photography shows every sin...
panamadan
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 09:07 AM UTC
I have found that putting a microfiber towel on my lap helps immensely against a part being lost. It usually drops on the towel and stops.

https://www.amazon.com/Youphoria-Outdoors-Microfiber-Quick-Travel/dp/B01LYH76YW/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=microfiber+travel+towel&qid=1587935006&sr=8-4
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 09:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

... but do I spy a mould line or two on the piece at front?

Peter, Thank's for spotting that!🔍 I'm known for sanding-off details, not mould seems!😂 I'll get right on that after the glue has cured and my eyes have had a break. 😎

—mike
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 09:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have found that putting a microfiber towel on my lap helps immensely against a part being lost. It usually drops on the towel and stops.

Dan, I might actually have to try that! Thank's! ... However, the way I send things flying across the room, I should probably buy several large towels to create a "Cone of Silence" to surround me at my workbench!😂

—mike
d6mst0
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,925 posts
Armorama: 601 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 12:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Dan, I might actually have to try that! Thank's! ... However, the way I send things flying across the room, I should probably buy several large towels to create a "Cone of Silence" to surround me at my workbench!😂

—mike

I made a jeweler's apron using an old pillow case and Velcro. Catches those parts all of the time.

Mark
ayovtshev
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 1,390 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 04:13 PM UTC
I put a reading light on the wooden flooring bellow my workbench.
If some part goes AWOL, I switch the light on and crawl on all my four legs.The oblique light makes it very easy to spot the "offender".

Having said that, I have to admit there were some cases when AWOL parts went missing.
I preffer thinking I freed their future

Nice job,Mike!
These parts seem to be very tiny

Take care all!
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 07:01 PM UTC
So, because I have at least three Bronco kits, (Jeep & 37mm gun, M-19, and M1A1 Howitzer), I’ve been following this string “at a distance”. But I have to comment about these mysterious parts disappearances you are describing. My workbench is in my three car garage in a spot between the second and third bays designed to be a “shop space”. About two years ago, I was working on a Tamiya Sturmtiger which has a partial interior including two small hand wheels. One of them went flying into space. I have a section of carpet under the bench, but the area surrounding it is all concrete. I searched with a flashlight across the floor, a vacuum with a section of nylon stocking, even crawling around on hands and knees with my nose to the floor looking through a large magnifier. I even moved the two cars parked nearest the bench, and looked under them. Eventually , I gave up, and resorted to scratch building the missing hand wheel.

I keep my garage very clean and neat since I do most of my model and woodworking work there. So I blow it out every two or three weeks with a leaf blower, vacuum the areas around the bench and walls, and have an industrial sawdust recovery system to cleanup wood scraps from my portable saws. About a year after losing the part, I’d moved my SUV out of the garage to bring a table saw into the bay to do some work. As I bent down to connect the electric plug of the saw, a small circular tan object caught my eye lying in the center of the bay. It was the missing wheel. For a year, It had impossibly eluded capture, numerous bay cleanings, sweeping, blow-outs, and tire traffic. I am now convinced there is a “wormhole” that opens up above our workbenches and swallows these small parts as they launch away from tweezers, nippers, or our fingers. And at some opportune time far in the future, after we’ve given up searching for them, the pixies or leprechauns who inhabit these holes chuckle and toss them back to us when we least expect it. That’s my only explanation and I’m sticking to it.
VR, Russ
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 09:42 PM UTC
Russ, your crazy theory is not so crazy. I lost a brass 37mm tank gun round in the last place I had. The floor was timber, a lovely light honey colour - the same as shiny brass! Searched high and low for it. Vacuumed, moved furniture, etc, too - never turned up. About 3 years later we sold the house and was packing up to move. When I moved the bedside table, out rolled the round. That table had been moved many times so I could vacuum under and around it..... and it was in a different room to where I originally lost the round...….
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2020 - 01:17 PM UTC
Hey Angel, A couple of small requests: Can you get Admin to delete the word "PROPOSAL" from the campaign title? Also, can you provide a link to the campaign on your first page?

TIA. 🍺
—mike

[Edit] I see the campaign link in Richard's reply.
ayovtshev
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2020 - 05:04 PM UTC
Mike,

I wrote to Admin and hope the "Proposal" gets removed.
With regard to you second request-link to the Campaign thread is available on the Rules and Regulations/Enlist page of the Campaign in Additional Info/Images:Click here to view.
I'll also add a link in my profile page this evening.

HTH,
Take care,
Angel
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Armorama: 840 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 04:07 AM UTC
Hi all,

well i have been held up in starting this campaign as my two previous builds have had issues that have delayed them being finished but i now have the kit that i want for this campaign.

i plan to use this kit (see below) which would have a faster turn around but i am not familiar with this vehicle.

thoughts and opinions are welcome
ayovtshev
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 04:19 AM UTC
David,

I'm not familiar with this vehicle too, but I know there's an active build blog on Track Link:
https://www.track-link.com/forums/site_blogs/39854/flat

Hope you find there all the info you need to build this warmly welcomed British Quad Bike,

Klaus-Adler
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 05:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

David,

I'm not familiar with this vehicle too, but I know there's an active build blog on Track Link:

Hope you find there all the info you need to build this warmly welcomed British Quad Bike,

thanks Angel, I will get a look at that when I get home from work.
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 01:46 PM UTC
Welcome aboard David
House
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 55 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 02:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

David,

Hi David
That's my build over on Track-Link. There is a lot of background. Info. Please feel free to ak any questions. I'll make sure too try to follow your build.
Mikke
ayovtshev
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 07:20 PM UTC
And let me add-a very fine build, Mike!

I wish I see another splendid Bronco build of yours here,

Klaus-Adler
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 10:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

David,

Hi David
That's my build over on Track-Link. There is a lot of background. Info. Please feel free to ak any questions. I'll make sure too try to follow your build.
Mikke

Hi Mike,

i've just finished another 15 hour night shift so i will take a look at your blog at the weekend as well as shooting you an PM on here. I'm not gonna do it right now as i might write a load of gibberish but in essence, how is the kit for accuracy and fit issues? the figures seem to have a lot of flash on them? I did see a review of the kit on youtube but it was in german so it wasn't as helpful as i would have liked.

Hi Peter Battle, good to hear from you mate how are you doing... thanks for all the help and advice for our trip to Australia