Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Lend Lease campaign
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2020 - 02:51 PM UTC
Cheers Richard.

Quoted Text

Do you have a slightly larger version?

Sorry, but this is as big as you can get - 50 pixels by 20 pixels. Any larger and the system will not accept it as an award.

A little variation to try and bring out the Hammer and Sickle

And replacing the Soviet flag with a Red Star (not exactly in keeping with the rest):

phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 502 posts
Armorama: 325 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 03:16 AM UTC

OK on the size limits for the system. I'd still like to see what it looks like larger....

I do have a question about the size limit though. In your .sig there are two large banners that look like campaign banners. Are those something different?

I know these are noob questions. I just don't know how things work.
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 02:01 PM UTC
Yes Phil, something completely separate. The award ribbon is allocated by the Group Build administrator and is locked down in the system. The user cannot touch it.

The 'Signature Image' or banner, can be added, deleted and changed anytime. When you log in, there will be a button 'Settings' in the top right of the screen. Click on that, then select Modify Profile from the icons that appear on the page that opens. Then scroll down to the 'Url for Signature Image' section. That is where you add the externally hosted URL of the image you want to use. The text above the Signature box also details how big the image must be:
"Images should be formatted to 468 pixels wide by 60 pixels tall. Images will be FORCED to this size. File size should not exceed 30kb (30,000 bytes)."

Basically if the size is more than 30kb it will not accept it. If it is larger or smaller than 468 x 60 it will be reduced/increased to those exact measurements. This means the image may be compressed or stretched in whatever dimension is required to fit the exact 468 x 60 size. eg put an image 230 x 80 in there and it will be stretched sideways to double its original size and the height will be compressed.

If you like this, you can use it as your signature to promote the build wherever you post (including past posts...)

https://imgur.com/jjDHzDB.jpg
RedwingNev
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 911 posts
Armorama: 348 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 08:48 PM UTC
Would reverse Lend Lease be eligable? eg a Mosquito in USAAF service?
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 11:55 PM UTC
Interesting idea Neil. I hope you get the okay.
phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 11:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Would reverse Lend Lease be eligable? eg a Mosquito in USAAF service?

In my mind I conceived this rather broadly, so yes!
phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 12:00 AM UTC

Love the banner Peter! I'll work on incorporating it when I have some time later today.
ayovtshev
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 1,390 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 03:03 AM UTC
Lend-Lease Campaign?

Hmmm- not exactly my scope of modelling interests, but...

I feel like building one of those magnificently ugly British lorries, shipped over to Soviet Russia in late 1941/early 1942.

My (well considered) choice is the Bedford QLD and I'll use some PE from Eduard to spice up IBG's kit.

I'll be a late starter though- neither the kit, nor the PE are in my stash yet, plus I have some prior modelling commitments(7 builds for other campaigns).

And if Gecko manage to bring out their Bedford MWD on time- the QLD might not be the first Bedford I'll build

Take care all,
And keep modellbuilding!

barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 05:18 AM UTC
Angel, if you go with the QLD I found I could re-work it so the whole cab assembly could be built to slip over the interior - that way you can paint everything and add glass before slipping the interior in and adding it to the chassis. (The instructions have you glue all the cab walls to the floor, making access impossible. I needed to do a little creative trimming, but nothing that can be seen on the finished model...) If I can find the pics of how I did it I'll post them for info.
ayovtshev
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 06:02 AM UTC
Tom,

Those pictures will be of great help!
Thanks!

petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 09:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I feel like building one of those magnificently ugly British lorries, shipped over to Soviet Russia in late 1941/early 1942.

Ugly???

Welcome to the build

phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 10:59 AM UTC

I'm pretty psyched about this. I can't wait to see what everyone else does. I had planned to do the Bronco Valentine IX infantry tank. But thinking about this has caused me to look around at even more lend lease stuff and there are so many interesting things. Zvezda has announced an M4A2(75). That would be really interesting. I will probably also do at least one Harley Davidson with Soviet crew - not my official entry but that they were used and you can get models of them is pretty exciting.
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 04:30 PM UTC
I am thinking Takom M3 Grant in British Service or AFV Club M5A1 Stuart, possibly even in Free French markings..
ayovtshev
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 05:18 PM UTC
Thanks Peter!

While certain I'm risking a black eye, I would say Miss Piggy is also "magnificently ugly"

Phil,

I want to build a British truck in Soviet Service. Had to make my choice between ICM's WOT(Fordson) and IBG's Bedford QL(both fit my perception of magnificently ugly Imperial trucks very well).

My primary choice was the WOT truck, but then my refference check showed there were no WOT 6 shipped to Russia, but only WOT.8's. And virtually all trucks, that arrived there, were converted to Katyusha launchers(because of their all-wheels-drive).

I don't want a launcher, so Bedford QLD remained as the only feasible choice.

Cheers,
Angel
Propster
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 81 posts
Armorama: 33 posts
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2020 - 07:14 PM UTC
I have a Russian Bantam I can build.

MichaelSatin
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,909 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 02:08 AM UTC
So, here's a question. I have a number of candidates for this one, but I'm wondering: would an AVG (Flying Tigers) P-40 qualify? While manned by Americans, they wore Chinese markings, and I think Lend-Lease funds were used to defray some of the expenses.

Michael
phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 02:21 AM UTC

This is absolutely in the spirit of the campaign! Can't wait to see your results!
MichaelSatin
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,909 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 02:38 AM UTC
Thanks for the quick response, Phil! I have a couple of option and it depends on how ambitious I am by then. I have the 1/48 Airfix kit which is very nice, but I also have the 1/24 Vintage Fighter kit which will require a fair amount of work in the cockpit, it's far too shallow. Guess we'll see in July, but for now a Flying Tiger would be my choice!

Michael
Lakota
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
KitMaker: 1,202 posts
Armorama: 635 posts
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2020 - 11:38 AM UTC
Howdy Y'all
Would a British Humber armored car in Polish markings work? I ordered a 1/48 Tamiya model and have received noticed it was just shipped from Japan. I don't know if was really lend-lease. If it isn't allowed I have an airplane or two.
Take care and stay safe,
Don "Lakota"
phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 09, 2020 - 01:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Howdy Y'all
Would a British Humber armored car in Polish markings work? I ordered a 1/48 Tamiya model and have received noticed it was just shipped from Japan. I don't know if was really lend-lease. If it isn't allowed I have an airplane or two.
Take care and stay safe,
Don "Lakota"

Interesting case. I think given the Poles were providing an independent army, only in exile, and they were equipped by the UK, it seems to be in the spirit of what this is about.
Lakota
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
KitMaker: 1,202 posts
Armorama: 635 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 09, 2020 - 01:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Howdy Y'all
Take care and stay safe,
Don "Lakota"

Interesting case. I think given the Poles were providing an independent army, only in exile, and they were equipped by the UK, it seems to be in the spirit of what this is about.

Thank you, I'm in!
Don "Lakota"
amegan
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 996 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2020 - 12:15 PM UTC
I’m in, signed up and have just the kit. Bell P-39Q Airacobra in Russian colours from Eduard in 1/48
phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 07, 2020 - 04:32 AM UTC

So I finally figured out how to update my signature. Thanks, Peter, for the banner for my signature. It's awesome!

I'm not sure how to put the award banner into the slot. I'll try to figure that out next. I think I prefer the version where the hammer and sickle is most visible. Do others have thoughts on that?

I'm torn about what to do. I picked up a Bronco Valentine IX kit which I'm pretty psyched about. It's what I've had in mind all along. But I picked up this Zis-3 kit from mini-art and I'm eyeing an AFV club 3/4 ton truck to pull it.

Decisions, decisions....
phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2020 - 10:48 AM UTC

Hearing no additional feedback on the ribbon. Anyone else have thoughts on it?

We're 10 days out and I can't wait!

I hope someone does a naval model for this as well....
SpeedyJ
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
KitMaker: 1,617 posts
Armorama: 1,150 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2020 - 10:44 PM UTC
Hello. I have an Eduard Spit Mk.IXc early version.

Would this count for a LendLease?