_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Amusing Hobby: Sd.Kfz.184 Elefant w Interior
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2020 - 07:06 PM UTC

Amusing Hobby announced their upcoming kit estimated to release in September.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2020 - 11:32 PM UTC
Thanks Mario for the heads up on this one. It will give me the chance to start saving my pennies for this one!
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2020 - 12:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Mario for the heads up on this one. It will give me the chance to start saving my pennies for this one!

Having a small mortgage today might be actually needed when buying newly released kits. Has everyone noticed the somewhat meteoric rise in kit prices lately??
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,192 posts
Armorama: 1,615 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2020 - 12:45 AM UTC
Since most of these manufacturers are from China and Thailand, Covid might have it's effect, also Mr Trump's attitude to China, without getting into a political argument.
A kit with an interior is always going to cost more, there's a lot more plastic. I'm in the middle of the Takom King Tiger, with the hull together the model is getting quite weighty.
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2020 - 01:47 AM UTC
Thanks Mario, very interesting!

About prices, seems to me that what raises the total cost is the postage. Kits alone are still reasonably priced (at least several brands) but shipping is that much or more...

Not sure if it is due to the postage being effectively more expensive or the sellers getting some profit from that to advertise lower kit prices.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2020 - 09:23 AM UTC
This is one time when we have to let the politics happen: the trade war with China means that things produced there COST MORE. The Chinese don't pay the tariffs, WE DO. If you like what Trump is doing or find it chaotic, the bottom line is that things from China and now Hong Kong will cost more as the government collects levies on incoming goods.
GunnyOz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 10 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2020 - 11:32 AM UTC
Has anyone been able to buy any of their stuff ?? They announced an LVTH-6 and LVTE that I've never been able to find.
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2020 - 03:08 PM UTC
I have the Amusing Hobby Neubaufahrzeug. It is, in my opinion, a very nice kit. I'm sure this kit is no exception. They're known for producing exotic and "paper-panzer" kits. This is very mainstream for Amusing Hobby.
As for the prices...I have to be a bargain shopper now. Ordering from China or Japan costs Mucho Dinero just in shipping. I did splurge and pre-order the Border Models Panzer IV Ausf.H Early/Mid from HLJ for $50.57. Shipping will be an extra $25.00. I really want this kit.

For real...if I didn't buy another kit, EVER. I would have to live to 250 before I could finish all of the kits in my stash.
deathdork
KitMaker: 314 posts
Armorama: 296 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2020 - 06:49 PM UTC
For real...if I didn't buy another kit, EVER. I would have to live to 250 before I could finish all of the kits in my stash.

If you would lower your standards I am sure you could pull it off in 150 years or so.

This looks to be a fun kit!

Cheers to all!
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2020 - 11:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

If you would lower your standards I am sure you could pull it off in 150 years or so.

Cheers to all!

Same with me...down from over 600 kits to 150 or so. I'm 66, so yea, my stash will outlast me for sure! I'm well aware of mortality issues since I'm far down on the right side of the bell curve.

Got rid of mostly old technology kits, replaced with modern/current, high detail ones.

Bodeen
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2020 - 08:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Cheers to all!

If you would see my builds you would see I lowered my standards years ago. I did just finish the old Monogram Ostwind kit. It looks way better than the first one I did in the '70s. I'm working on figures now. They should be a "little" better than the ones I did with Testors enamels way back when. That was a fun build.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2020 - 01:40 PM UTC
Has anyone been able to find either this kit or the earlier-released Ferdinand? I tried from one online but the shipping amounted to about forty percent of the order and I declined. Shipping costs are indeed the principal culprit in killing online sales and the Chinese apparently don't care. Guess I'll just have to continue slowly building my way through my stash until these matters resolve themselves in our favor.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Friday, August 07, 2020 - 11:52 AM UTC
Really?? A zimmerit DECAL!! How disappointing! Hopefully there will be dedicated AM in resin.
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Friday, August 07, 2020 - 06:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Really?? A zimmerit DECAL!! How disappointing! Hopefully there will be dedicated AM in resin.

Have you tried it?

Just an example:

Mario
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 - 05:49 PM UTC
I put the Tamiya zimmerit on Their Panzer IV and Elefant. I was happy with the results. It's not for everyone. I have Atak zimmerit but the decals are less time consuming. I'll use the Atak waffle pattern for the Meng Jagdpanzer G1.
 _GOTOTOP