Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
New Forums?!
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - 09:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Will the new site automatically sign me in when I click on "Sign In", as it does now, without me having to enter my user name/password each time?

I just hit the new forums button and when it takes me there I am already logged in
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - 10:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

No email sent. Tried twice. Email is good.

Hmm. Ready for prime time, we are not!

I have the same problem with my main email, i switch to my gmail (google account email) who i never use,and it works
tangodown
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 213 posts
Armorama: 198 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - 10:53 AM UTC
Ya, It wont let me sign in either. Sumtingwong!

Kenaicop
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,426 posts
Armorama: 1,316 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - 11:24 AM UTC
Now my new account is on hold as a “Precautionary Measure” What the heck!!? I’m ready to bail on all this
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - 11:40 AM UTC
i just post 4 picture and take me 30 seconds,no bs 30 sec to do that....Mate it wort all the pain to sign in
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - 01:53 PM UTC
"Hey Mikey!..." 🥣😁
BlackWidow
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
Armorama: 326 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - 07:24 PM UTC
Guys, if you don't get an e-mail, look in your spam filter. Mine was there. Everything is fine and I'm going to like the new Forum!
JohnTapsell
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 227 posts
Armorama: 226 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - 08:44 PM UTC
Same here - tried several times to get an email sent to my inbox but they never arrived (and yes I checked my spam/junk folder on multiple occasions).

I'm receiving other emails to my inbox so I know it's not an issue with my email system.

John
Johnnych01
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 604 posts
Armorama: 506 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - 10:51 PM UTC
John, I had the same issue with mine, then it sorted itself out and Jim tweaked something and it worked fine.I know there was an issue with people using the old email details and the new system wouldnt recognise them. Maybe ask Jim for advice. I admit initially I was a doubter about the new site, but, after using it a bit I am now pretty much on board with it all, it does seem very good ....Once you get there ....
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 - 03:26 AM UTC
Tried a couple of postings on new site - OK . But I didn't notice a "Delete Post", or "Edit Post" button. Way too many emojies and the old (or current) choice is much better!
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 - 03:31 AM UTC
OK...found edit and delete - why pictograms . Still didn't find "Reply and Quote"!
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Armorama: 840 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 - 06:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

OK...found edit and delete - why pictograms . Still didn't find "Reply and Quote"!

if you do the tutorial at the start when create the account it shows you how to do quotes. I think you right click the thing you want to quote and you get the quote menu that way if I remember correctly.

the tutorial only takes ten minutes and is worth doing as I learned a few new tricks.

when creating my new account it wouldn't accept the space in my name but would accept a hyphen so Klaus Adler became Klaus-Adler.

I also found it wouldn't accept my nine digit password as it was to short, so I created a new one which which has a good mix of standard and capital letters as well as numbers. it didn't request I have signs or symbols in the password such as €£¥¥#$%&.

I hope this is of help to everyone.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 - 08:09 AM UTC
I'd simply love to have lots of £, $ and €
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 3,608 posts
Armorama: 3,092 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 - 08:11 AM UTC
You guys should absolutely do yourself a favor and move over to the new forums! It's about 20 times faster, easier to navigate, simpler to use, you can see the whole network at once, direct to site photo uploading, like buttons, post tracking, it's awesome! This site is a dinosaur compared to it. I've been there 2 days and I've already got the hang of it. I just need some friends to talk to....
Violetrock
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 831 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 - 08:31 AM UTC
I registered, but I did not receive a confirmation mail. And no, there was none in the spam folder, either.
TankManNick
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 551 posts
Armorama: 543 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 - 09:47 AM UTC
The latest. Since I never got the emails (comcast.net) I tried to put in my work email. Hey it worked! So I forwarded the email to my comcast email and deleted from work email, then activated the account.

So far so good. Trouble is it now sends an update to my work email. Hmm. Don't want that. Problem is it won't ALLOW me to change the email account, so now it looks as though I will need to delete the account.

Back to square one.

----

Update to the update. I turned off email notifications so I will keep the new account up for now so I can play around.
TopSmith
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,742 posts
Armorama: 1,658 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 - 10:44 AM UTC
OK so I am a rock Where do we sign up at? Is there a link?
Please help a rock see the light.

OK so who hid that bright yellow tab in the tool bar next to the forums tab! Fess up!
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 - 11:03 AM UTC
https://forums.kitmaker.net/

Blue "Sign in" button in the right corner!
TopSmith
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 - 12:51 PM UTC
How long until the signup code is sent to you?
TankManNick
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 551 posts
Armorama: 543 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 - 12:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

How long until the signup code is sent to you?

comcast? never!

Work email - within a minute

Dioramartin
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,476 posts
Armorama: 1,463 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 - 01:59 PM UTC
Each of us is somewhere on the tech spectrum, from fluent (10) to illiterate (0) & I’d place myself around 3. I only have this old desktop computer & I seem to emit some powerful forcefield that renders any other communication device inoperable – that’s right, I actually don’t HAVE a cell/mobile phone any more. And the older I get, the more intensely I dislike change so I have nothing but empathy for those having difficulties.

And yet, last night armed only with a gmail account I managed to sign up on the new forum, set preferences and avatar, open a new topic and drag three images straight from my desktop and drop them into the post. The whole process took say 20 minutes after which I had to take a long nap. It seems that for once, for comparative dummies like me, the KISS principle actually works.

One of the better places to look first on the new site for help is in the General Discussions forum/Site Feedback/”Image posting guidelines and helpful tips” thread. The most obvious and welcome benefit is pasting images straight from your device into posts, thus dispensing with 3rd-party image hosts forever.

I can’t say I like the new format & I’m not sure if it’ll look better or worse once the ads will (presumably) populate. Navigating within the site feels like pinning the tale on the donkey but I guess I’ll wise up eventually. It’s a shame the necessary technical changes couldn’t have been made without dispensing with the old familiar format…although while I got used to & even grew to like it, I do remember thinking when I first signed up in 2016 that it was way too crowded and confusing then…which I guess is just reminding me I haven’t got any younger in the interim.

It’s a wrench to leave the 20-odd year history behind, I’m not altogether clear from comments Jim’s made in various places how accessible the archived site will be into the future. I’m hoping/assuming everyone who has an active thread/campaign can just start in the new forum with a link to the previous history to keep the continuity (?) Anyway let’s not forget the debt we owe Jim & others for maintaining these excellent sites as we’re dragged kicking & screaming into the inevitable Present.

TopSmith
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 - 02:16 PM UTC
It has been hours and still no sign up code....
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 - 03:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It has been hours and still no sign up code....

i have the same problem with my main email,i switch to my Google gmail and that one works perfectly
canismalus
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 398 posts
Armorama: 394 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 - 07:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

i have the same problem with my main email,i switch to my Google gmail and that one works perfectly

It was the same for me. I tried all of my email addresses (3 in total) without success and then I used my wife‘s gmail address, and the confirmation link was there immediately. Different platforms seem to have more or less strict spam filters....
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Armorama: 840 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 - 09:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Each of us is somewhere on the tech spectrum, from fluent (10) to illiterate (0) & I’d place myself around 3. I only have this old desktop computer & I seem to emit some powerful forcefield that renders any other communication device inoperable – that’s right, I actually don’t HAVE a cell/mobile phone any more. And the older I get, the more intensely I dislike change so I have nothing but empathy for those having difficulties.

And yet, last night armed only with a gmail account I managed to sign up on the new forum, set preferences and avatar, open a new topic and drag three images straight from my desktop and drop them into the post. The whole process took say 20 minutes after which I had to take a long nap. It seems that for once, for comparative dummies like me, the KISS principle actually works.

One of the better places to look first on the new site for help is in the General Discussions forum/Site Feedback/”Image posting guidelines and helpful tips” thread. The most obvious and welcome benefit is pasting images straight from your device into posts, thus dispensing with 3rd-party image hosts forever.

I can’t say I like the new format & I’m not sure if it’ll look better or worse once the ads will (presumably) populate. Navigating within the site feels like pinning the tale on the donkey but I guess I’ll wise up eventually. It’s a shame the necessary technical changes couldn’t have been made without dispensing with the old familiar format…although while I got used to & even grew to like it, I do remember thinking when I first signed up in 2016 that it was way too crowded and confusing then…which I guess is just reminding me I haven’t got any younger in the interim.

It’s a wrench to leave the 20-odd year history behind, I’m not altogether clear from comments Jim’s made in various places how accessible the archived site will be into the future. I’m hoping/assuming everyone who has an active thread/campaign can just start in the new forum with a link to the previous history to keep the continuity (?) Anyway let’s not forget the debt we owe Jim & others for maintaining these excellent sites as we’re dragged kicking & screaming into the inevitable Present.

i agree with all of the above and would add that if you are not computer savvy then take 10-15 minutes and do the tutorial, i did and it made life a lot easier and i'm a dinosaur that doesn't do facebook,snapchat,instagram or twitter and still proudly uses cassette tapes, yes my car is that old!