Hosted by Darren Baker
Skybow WC57
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 09:44 PM UTC
Here's my Dodge WC57, with the additional crate etc from the spares box. The .50 is a bit of 'artistic licence', but knowing the GIs ability to stick additional weapons anywhere they'd fit I'm happy with it.

MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 09:50 PM UTC
Nice one Dave. I like the addition of the box.

I guess we will see more of these Skybox Dodge kits over the next few months due to Accurate Armors sale!
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 09:55 PM UTC
Cliff, Yep. I've another 3 I can't wait to start!
Dave, looks great! How did you find the Skybow decals? Any problems with them?

Vinnie
DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 10:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Cliff, Yep. I've another 3 I can't wait to start!
Dave, looks great! How did you find the Skybow decals? Any problems with them?

Vinnie

Vinnie, the Skybow decals go on very well and settle down over most detail. The only problem area was the bonnet star which had to be cut around the windscreen latches. They are also very thin so a bit of care is needed in handling them.

Thanks for the compliments Guys. The crate of wine bottles BTW is an accessory from an old Accurate Armour resin figure. Like the .50 GIs had another reputation to keep up, but then most soldiers can sniff out a botle of booze from at least 100yards away!
steeldog51
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,114 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 10:44 PM UTC
Dave looks Great
nice weathering and subtle details too
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 12:19 AM UTC
Looks great Dave.... really nice job...

WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 12:46 AM UTC
Dave

Well done--- just a lot of fun looking at this one. Love the leather look on the seats, (can you share how you accomplished this look please?), the .50, and the case---all good touches that add so much for the viewers eye. This Dodge looks like its been around the block a few times---cool.

Congrats on a fine model.

Steve

ps: This would make a fine Models on Display Feature for the site. Jim is always looking for good content--and this build certainly delivers on that. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks.
liberator
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
Armorama: 783 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 01:56 AM UTC
very nice and the weathering..superb! itis like..it's been on tour for the whole WWII.

off topic..anynews on the M37?

DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 03:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dave
Well done--- just a lot of fun looking at this one. Love the leather look on the seats, (can you share how you accomplished this look please?), the .50, and the case---all good touches that add so much for the viewers eye. This Dodge looks like its been around the block a few times---cool.

Congrats on a fine model.

PS: worked out how to submit an'on disply' - just have to see if it's accepted!

Steve

ps: This would make a fine Models on Display Feature for the site. Jim is always looking for good content--and this build certainly delivers on that. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks.

The leather look is simply Tamiya hull red acrylic with a wash of black & raw umber oil paints, then a dusting with the same dry-brush colour as the rest of the vehicle. The .50 is painted matt black, dry-brushed with Citadel 'Bolt-gun metal' and then included in the overall wash.

Thanks again for the kind comments
As for the 'On Display' feature - I've no idea how to even submit work for this, and didn't think this was good enough anyway!
Slug
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 705 posts
Armorama: 505 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 06:05 AM UTC
Looks Great Dave: Your weathering is well done and gives this dodge some life. 2 standout points are your seat and the create, the seat looks like it was caught in the rain a few times and the box is very real looking, nice job on the wine bottles. Looks like some great detail on these skybow models.
I guess these guys are off to get drunk and shoot up the town? :-)

Bruce
DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 06:18 AM UTC
Get drunk and shoot up the town?
Hopefully not the latter, but most of the 'memoirs' books that I've read together with my own memories of peacetime soldiering certainly tell me that any soldier worth his pay will find the nearest booze and make sure that it's consumed by him and his close buddies before the officers get to hear about it and steal it for themselves! :-)

Thanks again for the compliments - I appreciate them.

PS: I've submitted this for an 'on display' - just have to see if it's accepted!
 _GOTOTOP