_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
King Tiger "Anneliese" - Moving along, STEP 1
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 799 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 08:21 PM UTC
Hello all,

After my topic where i ASKED Questions about the Revell's KT "Anneliese"

A good armorama soul sent me these two pics by email

So far if i could notice well it has a very thin (or maybe none at all?) zimmerit?

second thing i noticed is its almost totaly white so i guess whitewash was sprayed on, not brushed?

I had some had time cutting side fender etc, and i dont have a decent 1/72 figure to make a full pic story, but ill use theese two pics as reference.

My progress so far:

Any ideas? suggestions?

thanks in advance!

Mirko
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 08:29 PM UTC
Hi Mirko, I think you are doing great job so far. I dont have any comments on the tank. It would be nicer to see a more detailed pic of the reference photo. Cheers Kevin
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Armorama: 2,762 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 08:52 PM UTC
I'm still not sure about the zim. In theory, the tank should have zim....but I can't really see it on the pic!

Well if you're gonna do zim, good luck! I've never done it before and it seems already a hard thing to do in 1:35......but I'm sure you can handle it! Make sure to practice on something first (piece of wood, plastic etc)

Martin
json
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 257 posts
Armorama: 156 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 09:02 PM UTC
If you look at the first picture, it looks like it has zimmerit, certainly on the turret, and even though it's not obvious, it seems like there is a horizontal pattern on the superstructure too, so I'll say zimmerit, as it should have when it's a Porsche turret.

regards,
Steen

PS: good luck with the zimmerit.. I've never done it on a 1/72nd scale tank yet, and think I might take the easy solution, and pay for a PE zimmerit set (or experiment with it on a junk model first).
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,088 posts
Armorama: 1,257 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 09:03 PM UTC
Coming along nicely Mirko, Good luck with the Zimmerite....What do you think you will use?
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,966 posts
Armorama: 1,635 posts
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2005 - 07:38 AM UTC
Mirko, " Anneleise" did have zimmerit, I have some pics that very clearly show this. (The Bear posted one of these in the other thread) Also I wouldn't go strictly by the two pics you have for the paint scheme. These two pics were very likely taken before the whitewash was applied. Look closely at the upper edges of the turret, the spare tracks, and the gun barrel, also check out the one crewman in short sleeves. IMHO I think these two pics were taken in late fall or early winter. I think the "white" appearance is due to a heavy coat of dust and the lighting. The pics I have of "Anneleise" after the whitewash was applied shows it was apparently sprayed on with the markings and the name masked off. Even the spare track links have a very thorough coat of whitewash.

Regards,
Mike
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2005 - 05:35 PM UTC
Well i think that always is nice to try to recreate apicture of real stuff. So i like ur idea .Waiting to see more progress. Yr build looks clean so far

Costas
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 799 posts
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2005 - 11:16 PM UTC
Can you please send me some more photos of the anneliese?

masonre
Visit this Community
Cape Province, South Africa
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 20 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 11:39 AM UTC
Don't you just love it when someone comes on a forum, asks questions and later on, down the line, removes those pics.... tut, tut....
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 11:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Don't you just love it when someone comes on a forum, asks questions and later on, down the line, removes those pics.... tut, tut....

What do you expect the post is nearly 12 years old.
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2005 and you thought the pictures would still be there
 _GOTOTOP