_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Site Changes... Staff/Other
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2005 - 06:17 PM UTC
I have a few things to report. After getting back from TamiyaCon I was saddened to see that two of our staff members had resigned for personal reasons. The first was Jim Lewis (Guntruck) who resigned as Managing Editor of Armor and the second was Cliff Hutchings (MrRoo) from his position as Asst. Photo Archivist. We will miss them both and hope they continue to participate on the site in any way they can.

I spoke with Bryan Gray earlier today and he is ready and willing to step into the Managing Editor role for Armor. He will be assembling a team of Associate Editors to help him get the Armor area on track.

In making all these staff and forum access changes I decided to get a bit pro-active and clean-house in some areas. Some of the editors or staff members may have been expecting this for a while, and it has finally happened. If this results in any hurt feelings or distress it was not my intent. My intent is to have as lean and mean a staff as possible. And if you were on staff before and would like to continue it's not like you can't approach me or another Managing Editor about helping out. For the Armor area we just wanted to start from square one.

Also changed....

Access to the Staff Forum no longer includes moderators. I may setup a special forum for moderator discussions in the future but to be honest we seldom seem to need them. The reason I did this was becasue I felt it was counter-productive to get some of the moderators embroiled in editor-level discussions that they frankly don't need to worry about. Sort of like if you worked for a company you might not like it there so much if you sat in on the management-level meetings.

Thanks and now it's bed time for me. I will be SO happy when I feel myself again.

Thanks,
Jim
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Armorama: 1,339 posts
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2005 - 06:30 PM UTC
Wow, you have been busy Jim. Didn't your wife tell you to take it easy?

Take care

staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2005 - 06:35 PM UTC
Lol....yeah she was the one having me work on her site till 9:00pm tonight.

Okay...NOW I go to bed.

Jim
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
KitMaker: 1,735 posts
Armorama: 586 posts
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2005 - 06:44 PM UTC
Thanks for the updates and its great to have you back ten fingers & ten toes and all. Just to sound like an old nag, aren't you suppose to be taking it easy?

I confess I did inform Mrs. Staff Jim to lock you down with chains to keep you away from the laptop but it looks like more drastic measures are required. We may have to revoke all your free beer coupons issued only to the top brass of Amorama. If that don't slow you down we'll take away the "biggy", the key to the Executive washroom at Amorama mansion.

Just take care though.
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2005 - 06:50 PM UTC
Wow big changes. If I can help in anyway please feel free to call on me. Jim glad to see you back around. Cheers Kevin
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2005 - 07:47 PM UTC
Jim is so good to see u back and healthy. As the site route till now is proving, u r decisions are usually for the bettering of it , so i believe will be this time also.
Also i wanna thank 2 resigning guys for their offer in the site staff roles, and wish them good luck . I wanna welcome Bryan and all other guys that will be choosed to assist ur difficult work and the effort of us all to get it better and higher. Were one family and so we have to go on.
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2005 - 08:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

she was the one having me work on her site till 9:00pm tonight.

best of part of being at home is to have a chance to do things for wife......good credit Mr.Good Hubby.
good to see you are back Jim. I am so sory to see Cliff and Jim left for personal reasons but I know Bryan will do it great...and as before Armorama will be better with changes..
Take care and be safe.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2005 - 11:51 PM UTC
I am truely sadden by the resigning of Jim and Cliff as Staff members, and also hope they continue to participate in the site.
What ever changes you make Jim, I stand behind you 100%, in the higher management, and leadership, and operation of Armorama, and improving Armorama, continuing to make it grow, and being the best all round modeling site on the web.
Good Luck to Bryan, in setting up his new team.
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 2,605 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 02:32 AM UTC
I too, am saddened to hear of the resignations by Jim and Cliff. They were truly great assets to the site and I enjoyed all the work they did. Hopefully we will continue to see content from them in the future.

Do what you need to do with the site Jim. It is your baby and I know the majority of us stand behind you 100%.

Some would call me a "suck-up" but that is how I truly feel. :-)
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 04:23 AM UTC
Change is inevitable in all parts of life.
I think this is just a bump in road. I am saddened by the change, and look forward to new 'faces' and continued growth.

Merlin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
Armorama: 903 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 05:39 AM UTC
Hi there

Yes, change can be painful, but a few bumps in the road are inevitable - and life's journey would be pretty dull if it was smooth all the way. I really hope to see Cliff and Jim continue to contribute to Armorama as much as they can.

Good luck to the new Staff in their roles - this is a great site, with a great team behind it.

And Jim - get some rest!

All the best

Rowan
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 07:24 AM UTC
While I haven't seen Guntruck in a while (I know business is pretty busy), I am sure Cliff will keep up his insight and contributions (right Cliff).

My congratulations to your taking steps to clean house as Armorama grows. The need to "trim the hedges" is a necessary step for any growing site. And I offer my services however they could be used.

Like everyone said, keep up the rest, but don't get too bored either. You are doing great work.

Jeff
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,659 posts
Armorama: 1,512 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 07:52 AM UTC
The one thing about growth that is always the same and that is change. I'm sure you are keeping the best interests of the site in mind, and I wish to thank you for keeping the rest of us informed.

and as for those leaving the positions, I hope they will continue to keep an eye on the forums and provide us with their skill and guidence for years to come..

have a beer... and sit back and relax now guys..

jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 12:41 AM UTC
As an update to this thread, Jim Lewis (Guntruck) is still on the staff as an 'Editor-at-Large' which is excellent ews for the site...Jim
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 01:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

As an update to this thread, Jim Lewis (Guntruck) is still on the staff as an 'Editor-at-Large' which is excellent ews for the site...Jim

Does that mean Bryan isn't the Armor editor then? Is that why his "ad" for the asst editors appears to have dissappeared?

ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,009 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 01:34 AM UTC
Hi Rudi,
No I am still the ME The post disapeared because we have made our decisions and I just hadnt announced them yet..Which I will do now. We have made Jurjen a permanent member of the Armour team as he has been helping us out for some time now in an "unofficial" manner and we thought he deserved a spot. We have also brought Vinnie "Teacher" Branigan into the team. I would personally like to welcome them both and let them know that I am always available and oly a pm away..I know we will be moving forward and our new team of editors will no doubt be a huge help. Welcome guys.
Cheers,
B
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 01:56 AM UTC
Bryan,

Congrats to you and your new team. I wish you all the best of luck

Rudi
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 2,605 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 02:28 AM UTC
Congratulations Jurjen and Teacher! I am sure you guys will do a great job. Don't forget to leave some time for modeling. :-)
phoenix-1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 629 posts
Armorama: 340 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 03:39 AM UTC
Considering the great reviews that Teacher has created and the immense help given in the forums by Jurgen, you have definitely put together an all-star team, Bryan. Good luck.
Kyle
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 09:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

very interesting
Merlin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
Armorama: 903 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 09:56 AM UTC
Hi Cliff

We'd love to see you contribute in a similar role. Even as a total Propeller-head I miss your Trucky outlook on life! One of these days I'm going to need your advice on all those airfield softskins...

All the best as always

Rowan
 _GOTOTOP