_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
More Tiger In Progress Pictures
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2002 - 02:17 PM UTC
Hi All,

I had put some more work into the tiger, now it's starting to look like a tank now, any comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

tankshack
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 310 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2002 - 02:36 PM UTC
Dave,

The Tiger looks really awesome... I really like the early model Tigers... can't wait to see the final version.

Later,
Tim
octupus
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 411 posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2002 - 02:40 PM UTC
dave,

From the bottom of my heart: It looks fabulous and I am lucky that I may see it in person.

Steve
lifestyle
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 340 posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2002 - 03:09 PM UTC
very very clean looking model will be nice to see painted keep up the good work
Branden
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2002 - 03:21 PM UTC
while I do softskins that looks very, very nice. Well done. I notice the tools look like brass. Is this a seperate set you can buy or part of the detail kit for tigers?

Cliff (I'm still a driver) :-)
Gunfighter45
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 28 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2002 - 03:43 PM UTC
That looks great, What PE set are you using ?
Good Job !!
salt6
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 796 posts
Armorama: 574 posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2002 - 05:17 PM UTC

Nice work!

It's always nice to see the before pictures. It helps you understand how to get to the finish line.

SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2002 - 06:03 PM UTC
Thank you guys for your nice comments. I will keep more pictures coming, hope you won't get bored of these.... #:-)

Anyway, for those want to know, it's the Aber full upgrade kit I am using (35K01), it comes with the PEs, gun barrel, cables of various size, and brass tubings, etc. It's a very nice upgrade set, and is highly recommend to anyone want to dress up their Tigers....And we all know how much we love the Tigers..... #:-)
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 04:26 AM UTC
Wow very nice indeed...You really do a nice job on the PE...can,t wait to see it painted ...Are you planning to do it as a Das Reich tiger at Kursk? Keep up the good work !

Richard
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 04:35 AM UTC
Hi Bear, thanks for your comments, hey, How did you guessed that I play to make the Das Reich Tiger at the Kursk, it will be the S33, with the disginguishable impact mark on the front glacis...Or have I mentioned it before??? #:-)
Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 851 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 08:16 AM UTC
Nice work. Well built. I personally love to use aftermarket parts for building so your model gets my full approval.
This is a model at it's most interesting, when you can see all of the aftermarket details before painting.

Congratulations

Andrew
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 10:28 AM UTC
Hi Dave I think you mentioned it before that you wanted to do a banged up Das Reich tiger ,but even if you hadn't I think they are the coolest tigers with the ghome on the turret side ..I have been planning on doing S13 but I'm having a hard time deciding how to paint it. I have all kinds of books and none say the same as the other ..The New Vanguard says it might be grey and green or grey and yellow ....Tigers in Combat say they were three colour camo,but the painting in the colour prints have them as grey and redbrown...And last but not least in Tigers on the eaastern front they have it as yellow and redbrown ...Not to mention the tamiya instructions say yellow and green. What to do what to do?????What ever you do it will be great I,m sure..can't wait to see it .

Richard #:-)
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,318 posts
Armorama: 837 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 12:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

This is a model at it's most interesting, when you can see all of the aftermarket details before painting.

I love seeing great work without paint. It gives folks like me an look at how you guys create such outstanding kits. Keep it coming!

Patrick
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 12:31 PM UTC
I am happy to announce that I finally finish the construction of the hull, had attached the last piece of the side skirt at precisely 0223 this morning...and Primed it, so hopefully, this thing can get painted by next weekend....more pictures will follow. And again, Thank you guys for all the encouragement I had received for this project. Without all you guys, I probably be still making snap-tite kits....

And Bear my friend, you are definitely correct, 2SS Tiger does looked the coolest, the imp, the Chinese character. I plan to paint it just green and yellow as on the Tamiya boxart, I think it looked nice....
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 2,605 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 04:06 PM UTC
Is that full upgrade kit for a Tamiya kit? If so, which one. Your work looks great and inspires me to make additional attempts at PE (0 for 2 so far). I want to build one of Michael Wittman's Tigers. I'm currently researching his vehicles to determine markings. It would be nice if someone made one of his Tigers as a kit.

Did you purchase that kit from a US vendor? If so, which one.

Keep up the great work, I'm anxious to see the finished product.
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 04:10 PM UTC
SgtSauer,

Thank you for liking this Tiger. The upgrade set is from Aber, 35K01, the full upgrade set for tiger I early. (Tamiya)

You can get the Tiger I early from tamiya, there is a version you can make is Michael's tank, with all the kill marks and things.

BillyBishop
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 347 posts
Armorama: 167 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 01:42 AM UTC
Wow looks so real it makes me want to go out and grab a PIAT and sneak up behind it...

Keep up the great work!

MSW
rtvmodeler
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
KitMaker: 437 posts
Armorama: 391 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 06:36 AM UTC
Hi Dave:

Really a very good work, I love the works with photoetched. :-) Your Tiger looks excellent. I would like to see the Tiger finished.

(:-) Regards,
Rodolfo
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,546 posts
Armorama: 1,081 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 01:18 PM UTC
Lookin pretty good Dave

Rob
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 04:09 PM UTC
Guys, thank you for the comment, I had put on the Dark yellow on the chasis in the weekend, and shoul dhave more pictures in the next few days... So glad that I am finally at the wrap up stage of this tank...
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 760 posts
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2002 - 06:14 AM UTC
Dave,

Well the wait has been worth it! That Tiger is a beauty. For only having started using PE a couple of months ago, you certainly have done a fine job! :-)
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2002 - 03:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dave,

Well the wait has been worth it! That Tiger is a beauty. For only having started using PE a couple of months ago, you certainly have done a fine job! :-)

Adam, thank you for your kind words, my work have been largely inspired by your nice work to say the least.

And I will put more pictures tonight if I got the time.
 _GOTOTOP